1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The Avengers: Endgame **SPOILERS** Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Apr 25, 2019.

1. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

It's tough to narrow it down to one scene, but here are some in no particular order that are burned into my brain:

1. Thanos: "I am inevitable." Stark: I...am...IRON MAN."

2. Cap wielding Mjölnir

3. Stark reuniting with Spiderman

4. Professor Hulk in 2012 after Cap says perhaps he should smash some things along the way: "It seems gratuitous, but whatever" then starts smashing things unenthusiastically.

5. Thor talking shit to the kid playing video games

6. Stark's death

7. Cap on the elevator when he's taking Loki's scepter and says, "Hail Hydra."

Fuck man. So many incredible moments in the film.

Miz and PicogramPenis like this.
  2. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I’m hoping for Mahershala Ali

Kevo and FrankieButNotEdgar like this.
  3. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Not a bad choice.

4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Kinda tall and lanky isn’t he for blade

5. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

So I’m discovering a major problem with Endgame...

It’s not wearing off. Usually there are scenes or sequences of scenes that lose their luster after a certain number of viewings, but I just went through it beginning to end for a fourth time, and not only did I not check my phone or fast forward to “the good stuff”, but the really heavy emotional moments are still registering the same way they did the first time — chills, eyes welling up, etc.

PicogramPenis likes this.
  6. Clark Kent

Yeah on my second time I still got all choked up.

All I know is Brie Larson better calm her britches or she’s gonna be out at marvel. The cast already hate her, majority or her scenes from end game were cut. Also read that Disney has thought about recasting her or cutting the character all together. Must be terrible if they are willing to cut a billion dollar franchise.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  7. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

my thoughts

So Loki is still alive

I wish they would have reversed time not do a time travel, cause what about the people who vanished but were on an airplane and it crashed were do they reappear? and you can't reappear at the same place because 5 years have passed and the earth's place in space is different now and some people would reappear in the middle of the ocean.

Also imagine of of the people who committed suicide because their loved ones died, now they are back.

And all the people who came back how does that effects the job and housing markets?
    --- Post Added -- Apr 29, 2019, ---
    marvels been really good at casting but Larson is ultra bland and Anthony Mackie has no charisma or presence.

I was wondering where was captain marvel.

8. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

This is so true. So true.

I have never been to more than two theatrical viewings of a movie but I bet I see this one at least four times.

Nebraska likes this.
  9. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

What.

The. Fuck.

Afro likes this.
  10. Clark Kent

Didn’t you see all the empty houses. I imagine there are way more jobs since you know half the population was gone.

11. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

So the film was okay. Captain Marvel sucked in her solo movie and she sucked here too, even with her new diesel dyke haircut.

12. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Was I the only one who thought this was very meh? I mean it was a Marvel movie they Marveled up to 9000%.

My biggest gripe is they reduced fucking Thor to a joke. Even in the final fight scene the auidence was laughing at him.

Afro likes this.
  13. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

No you are not.

It's not a terrible movie, but it certainly isn't a great one.

Infinity War was more enjoyable imo.

S=E likes this.
  14. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I think he’s right about Loki

The housing market though? Lol

I wanna know about the Everglades eco system. The snap wiped out half of the pythons no natural predator. The eco system would have thrived. When they got bright back, did it fuck everything up? What about fish in a pond that dried up in 5 years? This should have been addressed between the minor scenes of old man Cap and Tony’s funeral

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Nebraska likes this.
  15. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

So Loki, Falcon & Winter Soldier, Wanda & Vision, Hawkeye & Hawkgirl...anyone else getting put on Disney streaming?

And I guess I shouldn't say meh in my thoughts on End Game. Just that it felt like a typical Marvel movie just with way more Marvel shit in it. I think I've just slowly grown away from being really hyped about Marvel movies since they all started to feel so formulaic. To me nothing tops Winter Soldier as the greatest Marvel movie ever.

Just like with the last Avengers, we knew how a lot of this would shake out. Robert didnt renew his contract with Marvel, much like Chris. So we knew Iron Man and Cap were done. The time travel was really poorly done and if it was anyone else doing it, they would get ripped to shreds over it. And fucking Thor. Really? A punchline? Great. Just great.

But Tony going was impactful. Paul Rudd did amazing here. The opening scene was done well with Hawkeyes family. Thor talking to his Mom was touching.

But even with my complaints it isnt a bad movie. But it isn't even the best movie Marvel has done.

But now Marvel has conditioned its auidence to believe everything is connected. So who is the next baddie on deck and I wonder how the XMen, Fantastic 4 etc will play in to this moving forward.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  16. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Thor has been a punchline since the beginning. I mean how many times since his first movie have we seen the God of thunder electrocuted? He gets tazed over and over again. Ragnarok was just a comedy period. He is always portrayed as not being very bright. I actually thought endgame gave his character more emotional depth than they have ever tried before.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  17. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

loki is alive, remember when he escaped with the tesseract in the past that means he alive in an alternate time line.

why you need to be a dick about everything?

18. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Meh might be too far for me but I thought it was idk cool I guess? Still way too much bathos for my likings, but at least not nearly as much as Infinity Wars.

S=E likes this.
  19. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I may have laughed at the start when Hawkeye turned around and his family were gone.

20. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Haha no way man, as someone who's turned around in a public place and not been able to locate their child that scene gave me anxiety.