1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The Avengers: Endgame **SPOILERS** Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Apr 25, 2019.

1. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I love Infinity War. My primary gripe was waiting a year to see it resolved and I've been on record multiple times about how much I loved Infinity War in subsequent viewings, especially the closer we got to Endgame.

I enjoyed Endgame even more than I did Infinity War. Of course there are things I didn't like. I'm sorry that I'm not like you that spazzes out and jizzes in my pants over every little thing and can't wait to beat myself to the theater to watch it again. That's your thing. There are minor things I didn't like and the one major thing was killing my favorite MCU character. I bet you cried like the little bitch you are when they killed Superman huh?
    --- Post Added -- Apr 26, 2019, ---
    Exactly. The movie was soooo good. If I'm gonna invest 11 years in a movie franchise and break it down, then I'm gonna break it down completely. Doesn't mean I didn't absolutely love it. It's gotta be in my top 5 all time immediately. Even my favorite movie, there are things I didn't like. Doesn't mean it sucked.

2. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Cap isn’t Cap because of the shield and the serum.

3. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

If the shield and serum made Cap who he was, he wouldn’t have picked up Mjolnir

Kevo, PicogramPenis and Nebraska like this.
  4. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Going back at 10 AM Sunday whoooo!

Somehow I'm more excited now than I was the first time.

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Not true. It’s not about strength it’s about character. Who is worthy. Cap has always been worthy. He imo is like Superman. They are good to their core or true to their beliefs. He does what’s right and fights for the little guys and the every day people who can’t defend themselves. That’s why he was able to pick up the hammer.

When cap picked it up he had its powers when vision picked it up he had nothing, that’s because imo vision was neither good or bad he just was.

6. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I’m Pretty confident you just agreed with me....

TriangleSmoke likes this.
  7. Nebraska

That’s what Chris is saying. Coy thinks Bucky should have the shield because he can punch harder than Sam. But that’s not why Cap is Cap. It’s not about powers or strength. It’s about the man. That’s why Cap could wield Mjolnir, and that’s why he gave the shield to Sam — they are good men; worthy men.

8. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Just admit it: it’s not about strength!

Cornbread and Ketchup likes this.
  9. Clark Kent

Yup I am I read what you wrote wrong.
    --- Post Added -- Apr 27, 2019, ---
    Here’s the real question how do they introduce the X-men and mutants into the universe without pretending they were there all along.

Seems right now they are really only focused on bringing in Deadpool and wolverine.

Cornbread and Ketchup likes this.
  10. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

So I’m not missing something, you’re saying Cap should have been the one to die and Stark survive?
    I dunno man, to me it’s about overcoming shit and bettering yourself. Cap has always been about the mission and that’s it. Going back to Cap telling Stark he would never been the one to lay down on the wire, his dad taking about putting self interest above the greater good, etc etc. I think having IronMan go out putting humanity above himself and Cap actually doing something for himself for a change was a good way to go.

Past Gamora died with the Tony’s snap right? I thought maybe they would have spent a little more time on her and Quil.

Going back to the Hammer thing, when Cap got it with its powers, Thor saying “I knew it all along” or whatever shows it was more than just how strong he was. I really enoyed Thor too, how he put it on himself for not beating Thanos and how it effected him.

I thought the whole female scene was pretty cheesy.

TriangleSmoke and Kevo like this.
  11. FrankieButNotEdgar

I'm just being selfish because Stark/Iron Man is my favorite character of the MCU. Without Iron Man/Stark or Downey playing that role so well, I don't know if I would have been as into this universe as I am currently. I didn't want to see Rogers die. I actually like his send off. I thought it was a fitting end for the character. I just hate that Stark is gone.

Now, again, I don't read comics so I don't know if this is absurd or not, but is there any chance Stark comes back? Like the stones gave him super powers and he comes back as a super human on the level of Captain Marvel? Just curious.

From what I've been seeing online, 2014 Gamora was not dusted with the rest and is alive in our time and that will be the premise of Guardians 3, Quill looking for Gamora. Guardians 3 is a long ways off though because while being fired, Gunn committed to the Suicide Squad first and that doesn't come out until 2021.

I know it's a couple years off, best case scenario, that the X-Men and/or Fantastic Four join the MCU. I wonder if they recast those roles or bring the current casts over.

12. Nebraska

Stark is dead. Marvel isn’t going to nerf the infinity stones like that.

“Part of the journey is the end.”

Kevo likes this.
  13. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I went to the 10:50 am showing today. I cannot overstate how much I enjoyed the film. I have no complaints whatsoever. I thought it was absolutely perfect. What an emotional rollercoaster.

14. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I don't think it confirmed that one way or the other. I think that could be a good plot point for Guardians 3: AsGuardians searching for past Gamora.

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

We are collecting all the happy meal toys from McDonald’s. We’ve gotten 12 of the 24 so far.

16. disposableassassin

Hey why didnt Peter's classmates age? Did his buddy get dusted too? I guess they will gloss over this in far from home.

17. Nebraska

Pete told Tony that it felt like he “passed out” and Strange told him that “it’s been five years, they need our help.” I assume the people who got dusted and came back eventually found out what happened and how the Avengers brought everyone back.

18. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Her and Nebula. I don’t remember seeing Nebula either. And i don’t really follow Marvel that closely, but Gamora was a pretty big character right? Seems like there would have been something

19. Clark Kent

Yup. Instead of bringing them back at the time the left, which would have erased Tony’s daughter he brought them back to now.

I imagine his friend got dusted too, if not he would have been older like Scott’s daughter.

Nebraska likes this.
  20. disposableassassin

I'm just assuming that half of the people Pete went to school with are already grown and are in college. The half that doesn't include the spider man movies main cast.