1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

The Avengers: Endgame **SPOILERS** Thread

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

In the interest of not ruining what could be the greatest cinematic achievement of all time for anyone, this thread is here. This is for anyone that’s seen the movie. Reviews, plot discussions, what have you. Keep it here and not there

Dimson and Kevo like this.
  2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

40 minutes until showtime

4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Just sat down in my theater
    --- Post Added -- Apr 25, 2019, ---
    And WE ARE LIVE!

5. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Wouldn’t change a single thing. It’s perfect.

The send off it gives Tony, Cap, and Nat could not have been scripted or executed more perfectly.

And “on your left” and everything that immediately follows is Marvel magic multiplied by a billion. An unforgettable cinematic experience.

PicogramPenis likes this.
  6. Clark Kent

I think I got rock hard when cap picked up that fucking hammer.

Love loved loved the movie hated Sam getting the shield. Should have been Bucky. And the entire time travel thing just made my head hurt. There past becomes your future you can’t change anything. Well fuck cap went back and married her. What about her husband she had before he changed anything . Can’t remember if they had kids, but if they did what about them. But I told my wife if time travel is used cap is going back to her. Would have loved that part more if some of the things were not said about time travel.

They make a huge deal about captain marvel an she’s not even really in the movie. I get why she isn’t though. Those guys started it, they end it. Oh thanos couldn’t hurt her with a full powered glove but takes one stone and punches her to space.

Just my little gripes.

I wanted tony and Natasha to die but I wasn’t ready for it. Fuck when Tony’s message said I love you 3000, not gonna lie I started crying like a baby.

Oh who the duck was that teen young adult at the funeral, my wife and I, also the two friends we were with say it was the kid from iron man 3 and a scene or two got cut. They focused on him too much for him to be nobody

Man Thor cutting his fucking head off was awesome and again cap picking up the hammer. Full on fanboy erection.

7. Nebraska

It was Harley. Same actor and everything.

8. Nebraska

Steve giving the shield to Sam had me tearing up (not the only time). He had already said a sort of “different” goodbye to Bucky, so the shield being passed to Sam was a necessary moment, in my opinion.

Thor’s downward spiral over the guilt of his failure to defend the nine realms was great. It’s natural to mask pain and guilt self destructively and that was perfectly conveyed.

Nat and Barton’s tug of war over who should make the sacrifice ended in the right way for me. Nat owed him a debt. She knew it and ultimately he did too.

“On your left”, “Avengers ... assemble”, “I am inevitable ... I am Iron Man”, and “I love you 3000” we’re all incredibly powerful moments in their own separate ways. I’m not sure I can rank them because they all serve a purpose either for the fans or the characters themselves.

I honestly can’t fucking wait to see it again.

9. Clark Kent

Yup I want to see it again so bad. All sold out until Monday by me.

10. Nebraska

Damn. Not surprising. I found a showing tomorrow afternoon in Dolby Cinema, so I’m going to hit that up.

11. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I loved it. I was completely entertained throughout the movie. I can't wait for it to release to home video so I can rewatch it.

There was both things I loved and things I didn't like but even the things I didn't like, I still understand why they did certain things.

The things I love:

1) Time travel. I love time travel in just about anything. As confusing and convoluted as it can get, I love time travel.

2) I got chills when Shuri and T-Challa emerged from that portal bringing war to Thanos army. I don't like Okoye but in fairness to that character, it's probably because I don't like Michonne on TWD and it probably carries over. I loved when Spider-Man emerged too.

3) Professor Hulk was awesome.

4) New Asgard was great. They found a home. I love that.

5) I knew about a month ago that Rogers would end up going back to the 40s to be with Peggy. I got the feeling in the trailers when he could be seen opening the picture of her that it was foreshadowing that and he just wasn't made for this time. He's supposed to be back in the 40s. It just begs the question of what happens to Peggy's future husband and children if Rogers goes back in time to be with her or did he just go back for the one dance and to stay in that time for one date was worth it for him.

6) Ant-Man was great.

7) I loved, loved, loved when the first thing Stark does when he gets back is go all in on Rogers because Stark was right about the world needing a suit of armor.

8) When Scarlet Witch went toe to toe with Thanos and her line to rebut Thanos saying he didn't even know who she was, that shit was AWESOME!

9) Thor joining the Guardians. I really could watch 2 and a half hours of Thor and Star Lord going at it with Drax egging it on.

I'm sure there's more that I liked that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Things I didn't like:

1) I'm still bummed out today that it was Stark that had to fall on the sword and die. He's by far my favorite character in this universe and now he's gone. To make it worse, Rogers goes back in time and gets his storybook ending while Stark finally found what he was looking for to ground him and he fucking dies. It's a giant fucking bummer for me, probably more bummed out than the decimation was last year. Seriously, I fucking hate Stark died.

2) Captain Marvel's hair.

3) Thanos 180. I hated that Thanos killed half the universe but I got the principle he was standing on. I hated that the 2014 version of Thanos, upon hearing that he won but that humans were trying to undo it, rejects his own principle and settles on just killing everyone to create a new existence on which history is based on HIS version of events. Nebula said her father was many things but a liar is not one of them but he goes 180 on this principle if he succeeds in creating a new life based on a lie.

4) Thor being a fat fucking drunk. I liked his final look in the movie but I fucking hate drunks. I get it, and it was funny for a second, but I didn't like it overall.

5) Natasha going down. I really could care less about her throughout most of these movies but when it was her turn to lay down on the grenade, I didn't like it. Again though, I get it.

6) Bucky should have gotten the shield, not Falcon for more than one reason. A) Bucky is a super soldier in the same vein as Cap was. Falcon is a soldier without extraordinary abilities. B) I think Bucky could carry a Captain America movie on his own. I don't believe that Falcon can.

7) What the fuck happened to Gamora. I thought for sure that the 2014 Gamora would feel the void left by Thanos throwing the current Gamora off the cliff in Vormir. I figured she would stick around and she & Quill would start from scratch. But she just disappeared. Was she dusted in the second decimation? She's essential to the Guardians.

All in all, the movie was outstanding. 3 hours long but not long enough. I could have sat there for another 2 hours, easily. I can't wait for the home video release.

12. Clark Kent

My buddy got us tickets for tomorrow morning. So fucking excited to see it again and I got those tickets for Monday lol.

Nebraska likes this.
  13. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Holy shit. I need a minute to process. I'll be back.

14. Nebraska

About to see it again in 15 minutes.

15. Clark Kent

Bullshit you don’t need time. Your just wiping the tears away.

PicogramPenis and Kevo like this.
  16. disposableassassin

So true. Man guys. What a fucking movie. The things I could easily pick apart I won't because it was the perfect goddamn ending for so many characters.

Goddamnit my boy got his dance.

He got his dance.

Fuck...I'll be back. I have to do some more processing...

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I don’t need to process shit. Tony Stark should have been left to walk into the sunset with his family, not left to die while Cap moves on. He should have jumped on the grenade.
    --- Post Added -- Apr 26, 2019, ---

18. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I really don’t know what to say. It was perfect

PicogramPenis and Nebraska like this.
  19. Nebraska

I wonder how many people exist who can say they openly bitched about Infinity War AND Endgame.

20. disposableassassin

That movie was so good that the flaws didnt fucking matter.

Nothing would have carried the emotional weight of Tony's death once they set up the kid thing.

Fucking perfection.