Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

The Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ATJ-Lucko, Jan 17, 2019.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

Cons are scared

2. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

3. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

4. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

They don’t exist in the same society

( I know they do but being factually correct isn’t important )

5. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

I enjoy how much she bothers you. She hasn’t even been on the job for a month and you are scared to death of her.

6. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I don’t know much about this person but I have an uncle who sure loves to post about her. I’d unfollow him but sometimes it’s fun to see what the right side believes. Same with he left.

Amlap likes this.
  7. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Huh? What am I scared of? She bothers me because of a 5 second post?

8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

These weird trending obsessions fucking skeeve me out.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  9. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

It is adorable how anything negative about her bothers you though
    --- Post Added -- Jan 19, 2019, ---
    I think that’s the bad part. People take it too far, like complaining about her dancing instead of focusing on just the ignorant shit she says. I think that’s why people love to defend her for everything
    --- Post Added -- Jan 19, 2019, ---
    Also can someone explain how this works.

While Trump is President, is he the only one we’re allowed to criticize? Or just any republican since he’s “Republican?”

How long after he’s not president can we also criticize democrats? Is it right away or is there some sort of grace period?

10. Poindexter

Anyone can criticize anyone, as far as I know. The idea that her inexperience is analogous to Trump's is pure idiocy, in the true sense of the word. Of course she is inexperienced, she's 29 years old. But the power she wields is as one member of a 435 member body. She has had one month in office. The people that jump on the bandwagon of discrediting her are using it to discredit democrats in general, youth citizens as a whole, and the idea that working for some sort equitable society is immature and ignorant. To pick her out instead of the racist status quo fuck-ups that try to marginalize (and destroy) anyone who is not white and/or from long-term wealthy familial dynasties shows ones cards in a very unforgivable manner, IMO.

Nebraska and chrisc like this.
  11. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Sorry that was more directed to Nebraska, as he has had an issue with me criticizing her (even though it’s only been like 2-3 times]

I agree

I see this as well, but it’s not to say that everyone who is discrediting her is doing so to discredit democrats in general. I’m not sure bahone here has

[

12. Poindexter

I'm of the opinion that she really needs no recognition at this point and that we will see how she conducts herself as time goes on. I do understand the general discontent with the state of politics and politicians as a whole. I do not agree that we need, as a principle, to elect representatives that have little to no experience.

13. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I agree with this (and in the past I’ve shared my opinion that Trump is to blame for the wave of inexperienced politicians.

And I think she gets the recognition or “obsession” from the right she does because of her platform. She is popular with the youth and is consistently in the spotlight but with it she says some ignorant things. Because she’s in the spotlight, Republicans focus on her, which puts her more in the spotlight and the cycle continues. I don’t even disagree with some of her ideas (specifically the raise for aids)

14. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I criticize Donny because he's orange.

That's a weird color for a person.

15. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

So we’re just gonna ignore his hair cut?

16. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Lord knows I try

17. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

My bad, @chrisc ... just pretend PD said everything I would have said anyway (only in a more intelligent manner).

18. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Obviously in a more intelligent manner, goes without saying

Sakara=Excitement, Nebraska and Kevo like this.
  19. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

[​IMG]

Poindexter likes this.
  20. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

I'm not 100% sold on her, but I'll take a potentially misguided idealist over a selfish cynic any day of the week.

Poindexter likes this.