1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2016 Election Thread

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ATJ-Lucko, Jun 16, 2015.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

On the GOP side

Chris Christie
    Jeb Bush
    Ben Carson
    Ted Cruz
    Carly Fiorina
    Lindsey Graham
    Mike Huckabee
    George Pataki
    Rand Paul
    Rick Perry
    Marco Rubio
    Rick Santorum
    Donald Trump
    Bobby Jindal
    Jim Gilmore
    John Kasich
    Scott Walker

On the DEM side

Lincoln Chafee
    Hillary Clinton
    Martin O'Malley
    Bernie Sanders
    Jim Webb

--- Post Added -- Jun 16, 2015, ---
    Trump jumps in: The Donald's latest White House run is officially on
    Donald Trump finally took the plunge.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/16/politics/donald-trump-2016-announcement-elections/index.html

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

add a poll to this

make sure ILJO's an option

3. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Rand Paul is the best of the shitpile of Repubiclawns

4. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

Bernie Sanders Rally in Denver Draws One of Biggest Crowds in Election Cycle

At least 5,500 Coloradans crammed into a Denver gymnasium, an adjacent atrium, and lacrosse field Saturday night to hear presidential candidate and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders speak, in what is being reported as one of the biggest political rallies so far in the 2016 election cycle.

Addressing the crowd at the University of Denver, Sanders said: "What we are doing tonight is we are sending a message to the billionaire class and that is: You can't have it all!"

"This campaign is not about me," he continued. "It is not about Hillary Clinton or any other candidate. This campaign is about you, your kids and your parents. It is about creating a political movement of millions of people who stand up and loudly proclaim that this nation belongs to all of us and not just a handful of billionaires."

Saturday's crowd is the latest sign that Sanders is proving a real challenge to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whose rally at New York City's Roosevelt Island last week drew an estimated 5,500 people.

"Sanders's audience—in a state not among those with traditional early nominating contests—rivaled the largest drawn by Clinton and the Vermont senator in recent weeks," wroteWashington Post reporter John Wagner. "The extraordinary turnout was the latest evidence that Sanders, 73, has tapped into the economic anxiety of the Democratic electorate."

Sanders has been drawing large crowds, from Vermont to Minneapolis, and numerous polls show that Sanders is gaining on Clinton, including recent surveys of the battleground state of New Hampshire.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/20...shareaholic&utm_medium=reddit&utm_source=news

5. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

[​IMG]
    --- Post Added -- Jun 22, 2015, ---
    He's got my vote

Trodden likes this.
  6. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Ron Paul drew huge crowds. Much larger then Romney. The parties are rigged. The primaries and delegate voting are rigged. There were many reports of locking the doors of the vote counting as well as to Ron Paul delegates. The GOP elite rigged the votes so that Paul could not get to the RNC.

Whoever the money behind the parties supports is who wins. The process is a sham.

The reason I say this is because Bernie Sanders has no chance. The plutocrats want Hilary because she is a predictable pawn for the elite who will not make changes that are intrinsic to the system. She is a centrist through and through and even more right leaning then Obama. She is a Hawk which the banks and the MIC love.

Honestly, it is all a shell game. It will be Hilary who wins. The Republican candidates are all terrible and none have a chance.

7. Peezy

Peezy Voice of the people

Scott Walker is the one Ive got my eye on. Rubio and Carson generate some level of interest in me. No fucking way on Jeb Bush, Santorus, or any of the other retreads. Rand Paul is great until he talks about anything foreign policy. You Dems are locked in and stuck with old bag Clinton. That's gotta suck.

8. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

I'd vote for Trump if he actually made it to the past the republican race (unaffiliated). Although it could be a disaster, he's the only one that would actually strive for significant change in this country.

9. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

if Trump became president I would move to Canada and live on @Cat--Smasher's couch

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  10. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

Significant change =/= good change.

11. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Jesus - how many replublicans are gonna run?

12. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

All of them, it's wide open for a republican candidate. They've had 8 years to prepare a candidate and they haven't been able to come up with anything worthwhile.

13. Trodden

I call the lazy-boy

Kevo likes this.
  14. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

If he or anyone put a halt to out-sourcing I think that'd be a positive significant change for the country as a whole. Negative one for corporate kings. It is scary about how'd he might be with international relations I suppose. Not sure of his stance on that.

I know "the Donald" doesn't have the best reputation. But I've been hoping for someone to run that doesn't need campaign financing from corporations. Not sure if "the Donald's" own corporation/business interests would get in the way though. From some things he's said so far, it sounds better than any puppets we've had.

0mega1 likes this.
  15. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

The TPP that Obama is working on, and Hilary secretly supports, will only increase outsourcing from Asian countries. The Republicans want it to happen as well so long as their corporate overlords get their provisions added.

Bernie Sanders is the only one who will not support the TPP aka worse job outsourcing than NAFTA.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 23, 2015, ---
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=uGGJVZuvIsbm-AGH-IGwAQ&url=http://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/the-trans-pacific-trade-tpp-agreement-must-be-defeated?inline=file&ved=0CBwQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNENLl13mOagHF3j0xlsYviIFRPjtQ&sig2=o-ga2TntkOBj3ghhzbgBEQ

16. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

Considering that Trumps own clothing line is outsourced to China I'm not certain he can advocate on behalf of NOT outsourcing our jobs. Trump is only running to stroke his own ego and bolster his name no more no less. He isn't running on any significant change nor has he advised of any tangible policy changes that would actually help the country. Listening to his announcement was like being a therapist for a narcissist, he spoke all about himself rather than what he would do for the country and what policy changes/or policies he stood for.

Bernie Sanders is a guy if you would like tangible policy changes and details of how to get there, because he has been very consistent for the past 15 plus years in what he would do and how he would do so. Now, you could argue that you aren't in favor of where he stands but no one can state they aren't clear on where Sanders stands.

Trodden and Sniggles like this.
  17. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

All we need is Elizabeth Warren to be his running mate. What is holding her back already? Is she going to the dark side aka Hilary?

18. Trodden

Is Satan not available?

Dimson likes this.
  19. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

'Nother Afternoon Fuckin That Ass

20. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Warren isnt as perfect as she appears to be, no politician is.