1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Was there suggest Lillard was going to be moved?

2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

No, Aldridge. So I'm guessing homeboy isn't going to start unless they want to move Wes Matthews who has a fairly decent contract.

Portland was planning on building around Lillard and LA but if LA wants out it'll be Lillard and Batum. Strange pick by Portland if you ask me, but he's one of the more well-rounded picks in the draft so maybe it was a leverage move.

Then again Portland has no bench, so it could be about trying to build a second unit.

3. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

The Celtics deal is all on Garnett because of his no trade clause. The deal would send PP KG and Terry for humphries, Wallace,sheneglia, Bogans, Evans and 2014 2016 and a 2018 first round draft pick.

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

What's the percentage of drafted players that actually start? I don't really know.

5. Ninjastix

Looks like a nice pick up for the Hawks with Belgium Dark Chocolate.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Out of the entire draft or the lottery? Because if you're looking at the entire draft wouldn't it be less than 5%?

Most of the lottery picks are projected to start now I think.

Hoping we can get Hardaway, we need a fucking shooter.

Interesting, Larkin to Dallas would be a good move.

6. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Funny the proposed number one over alls went 5 and 6, lol.

7. Ninjastix

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

That's the pick, hopefully that means Smith is bye bye.

8. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

Hardaway doesnt seem all that great and defnitely not on JR's level. Not to mention no where near as athletic. I'm just going by the scouting reports.

9. Ninjastix

Smith has no basketball IQ, he's consistently come up nill in the post-season, and the bottom line is he's not worth the trouble. He's athletically gifted, he can be great defensively or a bad foul machine, but at what point do you say a player is not worth the trouble?

When you draft Tim Hardaway Jr. that's when. Tremendous upside with the kid, he's athletic, a long range shooter with enough length to be defensively imposing.

I would definitely go with signing Copeland over Smith at this point, Woodson and his coaches will have to work with both Chris and Tim getting their defense up to par.

Ideally I would love to see the Knick's front office work with teams like Cleveland, Portland, or Sacramento to see if any one of them will take Chandler so we can get us a point guard.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  10. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Hardaway Jr's work ethic/attitude >>>>> JR Smith's by a wide margin. Great pick for NYK.

Bulls (Snell) and Knickerbockers did pretty well for themselves in that first round.

11. Dimson

So what is your favorite pick of the first round? i like Orlando's pick. But then again I live near Orlando and that might be why, lol.

12. Ninjastix

Weird fucking trade: KG, Pierce, and Terry are going to Brooklyn for Reggie Evans, Humphries, Gerald Wallace, and picks.

I see a lot of fail with this. The entire starting line up for Brooklyn spent a lot of last year hobbled. Lopez has the foot, so does Joe Johnson, D-Will has two hurt ankles, and KG and Pierce are old as fuck.
    I think this is a team that's going to break down over time like the Knicks did.

Absolutely, Hardaway has a great work ethic and in the backcourt with Shumpert, I love it honestly.

Snell is exactly what the Bulls need, catch and shoot with high consistency, moves great without the ball. With Jimmy Butler playing as well as he could you can maybe let Deng or Boozer move at this point especially if that allows you to pick up LA.

That would definitely cement Chicago as one of the top three teams in the East depending on if the Pacers can improve or change their backcourt, and if Rose gets back to form.

13. Dimson

Paul Pierce is going to look weird as shit in Black and White. The best part of the trade is the 2014 pick.

14. Nebraska

Boston might set an all-time low for offensive production next season. Woof.

15. Ninjastix

I'm just happy Hardaway sank, he had a great work out with NY so I'm biased in that regard. But I'll be very interested to see what Trey Burke can do in Utah, he seems to be another one of these disgustingly athletic point guards.

16. split2874

split2874 Relax

Fear the Pelican!!! I like the trade Noel for Jru

17. Ninjastix

I think this is the first time I agree with Bill Simmons, that Wallace contract is fucking horrible. I'm not a fan of getting older when you don't have prime young talent. With as bad as Williams played last season and how often Lopez is hurt and how Joe Johnson again disappeared in the post season... I don't think aged superstars are the answer. Now their bench depth is gone, as is their rebounding.

18. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

Celts deal is reported done here for what I said above.

Hate seeing PP traded though for sentimental reasons. One of the best to put on a celtics uniform.

19. Nebraska

I'm giving Deron a pass for last season due to that ankle injury. He'll be back to an elite level next year. But yeah, the rest of the team isn't going to mesh very well. Too many heroes who think they can still be first options.

But it's not as bad as Boston, though. I don't even know what kind of offense they are going to run. No team is even going to pretend to guard Rondo next year.

20. Ninjastix

It's more about the picks but that's a lengthy rebuild period considering the other picks are '16 and '18.

Humphries contract is expiring, so they'll either sign him cheap or let him walk. The Wallace contract is the worst part imo. Boston got out of their shitty contracts (with the exception of Courtney Lee) but they got nothing in return.

Brooklyn is going to have to stay very health to be effective, I just don't see them being a threat with that much inconsistency and now carrying that much age.