1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Wade had his knee drained twice before game 7. I think they did 7 hours of therapy on him Thursday before the game. Wonder what kind of drugs he played on.

2. Ninjastix

I love... Shane Battier. Won his second NBA title and celebrated at Denny's.

[​IMG]

3. Beardown98

Beardown98 Well-Known Member

Cheap ass dukie richer

4. Ninjastix

Doc is a Clipper.

5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

SI Wire

6. Poindexter

Report: Nuggets hire Shaw as head coach

7. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

Any chance in The knicks signing D Howard?

8. Poindexter

Haven't heard anything like that. Are the Knicks in play to get anyone?

9. Ninjastix

Nope. No one. The only thing that will free up cap room is if Melo options out after this year. There's no room for talent because of their contracts. It took approximately 6-8 years for them to crawl under the cap to double down and lose again. The East is all about The Heat, The Pacers, and the Bulls next season.

Dwight Howard would want a max contract wherever he goes. The Lakers can pay him the most money. The rumors are the Clippers will offer Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe in a sign-and-trade for Howard.

I don't think Howard is max contract, I don't think he wins you a title, I don't think the Clippers with Paul, KG, and Howard would beat OKC with a healthy Westbrook. But Denver is going to be weaker this year, Memphis maybe as well, and San Antonio depending on who returns.

I'd like to see the Knicks move Chandler, make a play for Milsap and/or Jefferson, or try and trade up in the draft for someone like Hardaway. They need a place holder center and a legit power forward so Melo can move back to the 3.

I hope JR is gone, I would LOVE to have Jamal Crawford back. They should go after Tony Allen as well. But you gotta move Tyson this season if you can't move Amar'e. Stoudamire should of had a buyout in his contract, that's how fucking fail the Knicks' front office is. Absolutely no protection, so if Melo walks after this year you threw your money down the fucking tube and you go from a decade of rebuilding to 3 years of a non-fitting star-based roster RIGHT back to rebuilding.

The cap is going to make it extremely difficult for any franchise to build a dynasty, too many tax penalties, and star players aren't going to take paycuts in their youth. Knicks are way over next season, gonna be bad times in NY again unless they can do something drastic but every indication is no changes.

I'd like Melo too much to see him waste away on the Knicks if they can't get him someone to play with. But there are very few teams where Melo would fit right now, Chicago would be the ideal place for him because of their need for scoring and their abundance of team rebounding. Chicago is going to be over the cap as well, they'd have to move Boozer and Melo would have to restructure. That's the only real team that I think adding Melo would improve.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  10. Poindexter

Big fan of Crawford. Wonder if David West will go anywhere else. Riley will make at least one significant move, I'm guessing. I'm curious how Monson and Harlem feel with their Celtics entirely dismantled.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Didn't know he was getting the additional title. Side note: how much of a shitstick is Rondo? Damn near everyone detested him?

11. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

It's time for the Celts to rebuild anyway. Shame Rondo couldnt get along with him tho. I'd love Howard to go to the Celts. Rondo and Howard would be a hell of a combo.

12. Ninjastix

Maybe in the regular season if they both remain healthy, but since both struggle from the free throw line and with any offense not under the basket... too many eggs in the same basket.

13. Poindexter

J.R. Smith declines option with Knicks, becomes free agent

NBA.com

14. Poindexter

15. Poindexter

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8mmbLjBO8jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Ninjastix

Nets looking to become the Brooklyn Celtics. They're making a play for Pierce and Garnett. Looking to give up Humphries and draft picks, but I don't think they can do shit until Paul Pierce is signed which has a July 10/11th deadline I think.

People already overreacting but I don't think that makes them a great team. Garnett is old as fuck and had a mediocre season at best, same with Pierce who had a poor season, combined with Williams having a shitty season and Johnson having a shitty late season.

Whoopie? Why would take old talent? Shit isn't working in the post-season when you want to win.

LaMarcus Aldridge wants to leave Portland, want to go to Chicago I think. That would be a huge get for the Bulls but I don't think they can afford him as is.

Draft tonight by the way...

KNICKS!!!! TRADE TYSON TO CLEVELAND FOR #1 PICK AND DRAFT MCLEMORE!!!!

17. Poindexter

I don't know a lot of the college players. From the interviews I've seen though, they really show their age. I don't really think it's necessary to broadcast the interviews with most of them—it's either just canned phrases or a deer in the headlights kind a thing, for the most part.

18. Ninjastix

Strange pick by Orlando, I like Oladipo, but I don't know if he's a cornerstone. If the Cavs are keeping Bennet then I think that would indicate they're going to look at dealing Tristan Thompson.

Pelicans are going to have no shortage of Defense.

Kings pick McLemore, wonder if that means Tyreke Evans is potentially on the move.

Trey Burke to the Timberwolves? A team with Rubio? Wait what?

Another senior pick by the Blazers.

Burke is gonna get traded to Utah apparently, and Minnesota getting Utah's picks.

Sixers are apparently sending Jrue Holiday to the Pelicans for Noel, which might explain them picking Michael Carter-Williams.

19. Poindexter

Watching as well. Picks are not what was expected, it appears. I like that guy Portland got.

Nerlens was supposed to go first. He was sweating. Crazy name. Stern's making the most of this moment.

20. Ninjastix

I don't think that pick fits with Portland though considering they already have Lillard. Hoping the Knicks can scoop up Hardaway.