The 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Neganomics

Neganomics Your Trusted Web M.Deezy

I knew we could come to an understanding eventually.

2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Well your frustration is of your own making, I'm just trying to illustrate how ridiculous it is to discredit someone for being the best player in the league by holding against being the best player in the league against him.

Once again, Chris Bosh had 0 point in a game 7. Didn't get the job done defensively either. Dwayne Wade is being lauded for having 23 points. A 37 year old Tim Duncan had 24 points.

You really don't, you're the vocal minority of tangentially aware people. Most NBA fans understand A) How good Lebron James is and B) the emphasis on winning championships. I don't see your "huge percentage" up in arms with George Karl, Lionel Hollins, and Vinny Del Negro being let go. Three highly successful coaches that failed to win titles so they were outed. I don't remember you posting about those events or what they represent.

Lebron's now has the highest game 7 point average in NBA history. In the last two years his team beat the clear two best teams in the league. Saying it's cheap ignores how NBA titles are won. When a statement like that isn't supported with anything other than "that's just how I feel and I have a right to feel that way"...

Well, Harlem's input is more desirable at that point.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

And they already had pretty great teams wouldn't you say? But that didn't stop Chicago from scooping up the best playing Europe and or the best rebounder in the league in Dennis Rodman.

Magic played with Karem and Worthy for fuck's sake. AC Green, Byron Scott, Kurt Rambis... You can't compare every great star's career like they're unilaterally the same and even. Magic and Bird came into great teams and great franchises. Michael got pieces around him and... helps to have one the greatest coaches in NBA history as well. And Michael continued to get pieces, it wasn't a one time thing, remember they lost Horace Grant, he left. Also, without Michael, the Bulls took the Knicks to seven games if you recall with the huge controversy in game 5 over the Hubert Davis foul on the three pointer.

What fucking moron is going to sit here and tell me that The Cleveland Cavs is a long-standing franchise built on winning and great coaching? How did the Cavs do when Lebron left? How have those players performed in the league since? How did the coach fare? Wasn't he fired in his first year without Lebron?

I'm not blind or deaf to the star-mashup, I understand the criticism but fans, analysts, should also be aware it isn't a fucking guarantee. But it's also a highly selective thing. Lots of people were awfully excited about the Lakers getting Nash and Howard. I don't think you were complaining Monson when Paul Pierce got Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, back when they were in their prime no less, and you won 1 title and enjoyed several years of dominating the Eastern conference.

You consider that '08 championship lesser? That's a paper championship? The Bull's 72-win season is undermined because they had Rodman and Kokuc?

I'd sell your kid into white slavery to have Lebron James on the Knicks playing with Melo. Any fan of any team in the league would want Lebron James on their team, he literally complements any offense or any defense, he could play with any player but he's only going to get to a title on a select few rosters. That's the reality, as is a horrible post season by Wade, who was hurt, and Bosh, who was Bosh.

3. Neganomics

I am a Bulls fan but I would stop watching if LeBron signed with them.

4. Ninjastix

Something tells me none of that statement is accurate.

5. Neganomics

And Ninja, while I don't necessarily agree with anything you post about basketball, I have to say about that long post of yours:

[​IMG]

6. Ninjastix

Of course you didn't. Someone who doesn't have an argument doesn't engage with someone who does. They just shout nonsense.

Or post gifs.

7. Neganomics

View attachment 2224

You have nothing! Nothing to threaten me with! Nothing to do with all your wit!

8. Ninjastix

Very insightful basketball fan.

[​IMG]

U mad? Cause u shoutin.

9. Neganomics

10. Ninjastix

You sure? Cause that's an old picture man. Here's an update:

[​IMG]

11. Neganomics

12. Ninjastix

[​IMG]

Birdman has a title. Birdman.

13. Neganomics

Hey that's what everyone's doing now. All the older guys are going to Miami to get a ring before they retire and the less skilled guys too like Birdman and LeBron.

14. Ninjastix

Last two games Tony Parker wasn't on the floor for the final plays.

Since you're a basketball fan Nate, and you represent the larger majority of fans, I'm sure you're were well aware of Tony Parker's standing coming into the finals as "The best point-guard in basketball".

So how does it work that "The best point-guard in basketball" not make his way onto the floor in the two most important games of the series in the 4th quarter and overtime?

I have a hint for you:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Rashard Lewis has a title. Rashard Lewis.

[​IMG]

Looks like Doc is going to be leaving Boston. The Celts had planned a news conference for today but postponed it minutes later, going to be Monday instead.

15. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I cannot stand him at all.

After his antics against the Pacers with the shoving and bullshit, he can get fucked. Plus, stupid haircut and worse tattoos.

16. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

[​IMG]

18. split2874

split2874 Relax

I liked the Birdman when he played for the Hornets. I am not really a fan but I grew up watching Rodman, so the Birdman does not bother me. He was out of the league for a year (his own fault) and made it back to be part of a championship team, so he is a good story for people that suffer from addiction and how you can overcome and succeed.

19. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/hur6dP7i7i9/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Ninjastix

It's always Bosh. Always.