The 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

/shrug

But it isn't irrelevant. They gave the possibility. The relative win % for SA given that time frame, given that point lead was 98.5%.

Still it's a two-half equation. Spurs have to miss the shots. Heat have to make the shots, or, grab the rebound to even have a chance.

That's the whole situation. You can't discount the whole for key parts that are only key after subsequent events unfold. For example, no rebound, no win, the free throws don't mean dick. Two pointers, missed free throws don't mean dick, Spurs win.

Selective perspective is selective my good man.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Hey Monson. Hey. Hey. Hey. MBC.

Yo. Hey. Hey. Hey, hey, hey. Monson. Monson. Hey.

Hey man. Hey. Hey. Monson. Yo. Yo, yo, yo!

Hey man, hey. Monson. Monson! MBC!

You think Ray Allen regrets that summer decision?

2. Neganomics

Neganomics Your Trusted Web M.Deezy

3. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

lol

didnt the bulls go to 7 games vs the pacers in 97 or 98? in the conference finals?

4. Ninjastix

5. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

^It's funny 'cause it's true.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

They actually went to seven games twice in the MJ title run. Pacers and Knicks pushed them. Never in the Finals, though.

6. Ninjastix

Pippen knows all about game 7 losses.

He remembers Hubert Davis, even if no one else does.

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

8. Neganomics

Wow my feelings are hurt. I'm glad Ninja is here to show me the folly of me expressing my frustration.

Interestingly enough, I represent a huge percentage of NBA fans outside of the Miami area. If you don't see that a great deal of people feel the same way I do, that LeBron's "championships" are as cheap as any won in sports ever, then you are not paying attention.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  9. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

Not taking anything away from James, I don't like the guy but I must give credit where it is due. He is the best player in the nba period butttt, I hate the fact that he joined a team with wade and bosh. Back in the Jordan bird and Magic ect era none of those guys wanted to play with one another because as MJ said they all played the game for that competition and they always wanted to beat those guys not win with them.

10. Neganomics

And that's basically what I'm saying. Except for the "credit where it is due" and the "not taking anything away from James" parts.

The funny thing that LeBron doesn't realize is that people do take how championships are won into consideration. He thinks the titles define the player when in reality the player defines the titles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

That was as hard fought a championship as I've seen in quite some time. In no way was it cheap. James is not a perfect player, and he's not Michael Jordan, but he came up huge throughout. Wade and Bosh disappeared for quite awhile. That was the two best basketball teams in the world, no doubt about it. Awesome coaching, fierce discipline and will on both sides.

The Spurs had the advantage, IMO. James and the Heat negated it when it mattered. Like in any finals, role players need to have championship moments, and we saw that on both sides. Kudos to all involved. The heart and determination were awe-inspiring. The series, the playoffs, the entire season came down to the final minutes. How can you bummed about that? The answer is, if you are a basketball fan, you can't be.

The runs were so important and a thrill. If Duncan makes that shot or put back, it's another story. You think the Spurs are going around whining about how unfair things were? Nope. Because it wasn't unfair. They were the better team as a whole, IMO, but they got beat by another great team. The talent and skill were a pleasure to see from each side.

It's okay to hate LeBron James, many people do, but it's embarrassing to sound like bitch when you do. It's a fine line I guess. Criticism is one thing. Whining and discrediting the accomplishment of what the Heat did is another, and disrespectful of the Spurs. This victory wasn't manufactured, it was earned, plain and simple and was a credit to the game and the history of the sport.

Parker's last second shot for the win, Green's threes, Manu showing up in game five, Battier in game seven, Ray Allen hitting the three, James hitting the three, the Spurs coaching disrupting James, James shutting down Parker, Jesus Christ there were so many amazing moments. Great series. Historically great. All the naysaying and undercutting doesn't mean shit and if Miami would have lost in that last minute it still would have been a tremendous series to watch.

12. Neganomics

Literally the only things you said that I agree with.

13. Poindexter

That's fine. I don't agree with your sniveling and whining. Like I said, it's embarrassing. The one point you have and keep going to is that it was unfair and against the "right way to do things" for James to go to Miami. But to claim that James' status as a (great) player is somehow questionable is laughable, and to say that Miami somehow had an unfair advantage over the Spurs is pathetic. To discredit the finals by saying that you wish you had every moment back (as you said before) shows you are not a fan of amazing basketball but rather just watch to see one team win (or lose, in this case).

It's not the titles that define the player, but the player that defines the titles? I agree, and James is defining himself as one of the all time greats and is continuing to do so.

14. split2874

split2874 Relax

I am so tired of the Lebron crap that his championships are cheap because he had to join Wade and Bosh...
    Shag left the Magic to go to LA.Or Garenet and Allen going to the Celtics...nobody says shit...The reason Magic did not leave to form a super team because he was drafted to a superteam and Chicago were able to get players to help Jordan.. I mean Magic had Worthy, Scott, Jabbar, etc... Jordan had Pippen, Grant, Rodman...Who the hell did Lebron have in Cleveland? If he would have had one player as good as Pippen he would not have had to leave.

I am not a huge Lebron fan and I really did not like the "decision" crap and I have wanted the other team in the finals to win the past 3 years. But drop all of the "his championships" are cheap crap.

Great basketball in the finals. I loved how they did not trash talk, no techs or flagrant fouls and the flopping actually was almost gone by game 7.

Great playoffs, lots to look forward to in the offseason.

15. Poindexter

The offseason should be great, a lot of shit can go down. Boston is in major rebuilding mode, the Clippers with Doc is intriguing, the Howard soap opera - if he ends up on the Clippers or in Houston - so much to look forward to. What will happen to the Spurs? They really peaked at the right time, but not sure if they have another year in them with this lineup.

Miami's going to be looking for some changes as well, I imagine.

16. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes New Member

If Lebron had of won 1 Championship in Cleveland it would of been worth more than 5 in Miami.

17. Neganomics

View attachment 2221

View attachment 2222

18. Poindexter

Wow. Impressive. You got me there.

19. Neganomics

20. Poindexter