1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Drafts done, we can assume the new offseason for the new season has officially begun, looks like the Celts are gonna keep KG and Odum to the Clips.

Bird contracts don't count toward cap in NY so the Knicks are going to try and sign Novak and Lin next week. Nash looking not to stay in Phoenix, Ray Allen is being courted by the Heat, and D-Will is gonna meet with the Mavs...

Bosh, Wade, and most likely Parker are all off the USA-team as well.

2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Allen would be a good fit for Miami with Miller maybe retiring.

3. Ninjastix

It'd be a solid way to go out, fuck Jeff Van Gundy for saying Miller was exaggerating too. That dude was all gimped when the cameras weren't on him. He had an amazing game 5 and was a huge reason for the Heat win, not just the blow out, because he solidified the lead several time.

And the with the Celts picking up Fab Melo it makes all kinds of sense to keep KG. Melo is very, very raw. He's only beginning to learn to play basketball, it wouldn't surprise me if he even spends some time in the D-league. Sullinger is a huge get for Boston too provided the back isn't an issue. That kid has got talent.

I don't agree with the Cavs picking up Waiters though, how the fuck is that going to work with Irving? They're both shooters, though Irving can catch and shoot I don't see that from Waiters and Irving is going to be the point so very confusing pick for the Cavs, I'd of thought they'd want to go with the SF.

4. Poindexter

You think the Cavs are going anywhere in our lifetime?

5. Panchong

Panchong Banned

Just curious, who is the parker you mention is off the USA team?

6. Ninjastix

I hope not, I don't know why I dislike Cleveland but I do. I still hate Mark Price, Craig Elho, and Brad Daugherty.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Tony Parker, he got glass in his eye during the Drake/Chris Brown slap fight.

7. Panchong

Panchong Banned

Tony Parker plays for france

8. Ninjastix

Typical French behavior, anyway he'd be off of the team (lol) France.

Houston is shopping Scola and Martin, I'd like to have Martin in NY, too bad he's not a FA.

Oh and Melo is down to 239 if that makes any Knick fan feel better.

9. Panchong

Panchong Banned

Twovles are chasing Paul Gasol . .

10. Panchong

Panchong Banned

This bullshit with Dwight is getting boring . .

Nets are close to trading for joe johnson ??

11. Ninjastix

It'll be real interesting to see Dwight return from the back injury, it's a big investment for a franchise to make, I'd be interested in knowing just how bad it was that he choose to opt for the surgery. Hawks have to do something different with that team, draft and rebuild. I wouldn't mind seeing them relocate they have some of the worst fans in the league, in that half of their home games end up being away games.

12. Poindexter

I'm not a fan of Dwight. Nice first name though. Fucking Dwight. Hahahaha.

13. Ninjastix

Not a fan of Dwight the player but he's a good guy in that he does a lot for kids. We use to facilitate his advertising for his youth camps. I think he's a very limited player though, his free throwing shooting is still a liability and he's going to have to now more than ever develop his low post hook and bank shots.

14. Poindexter

I didn't know about that. I can appreciate that.

15. Ninjastix

He seems very involved in youth activities, I can't call him a bad guy by any stretch, I don't do dick for poor kids with my spare time and money. But I'm definitely not the biggest supporter of his game, I don't rank him as one of the best centers to play either, he's just playing in a big-man vacuum.

16. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

He is one of the best defenders, if not the best, in the league and he is a star down here in Orlando. Most fans would be devistated if he left.

17. Poindexter

You don't even like basketball. Get out of here.

18. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

You are right, I don't like the Magic, but I do like basketball. But MMA and football are my number one sports by far.

19. Poindexter

That's cool. Fuck the Magic. They shit on Van Gundy. It's a ghey name for a team as well.

20. Ninjastix

Disney. We're all working for them, Google, or Facebook, or Exxon.