Texas Republican Says Women Should 'Absolutely' Be Jailed For Having An Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by SickNasty, Jun 7, 2019.

1. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-wright-abortion-222041897.html

chrisc and Poindexter like this.
  2. #1taz

#1taz You sure you want me to give a fuck? Site Donor

How about if you don't have a vagina...then you STFU and don't get to make any decisions about what women choose to do with theirs? A woman's reproductive rights should not be determined and or decided by a bunch of impotent old men with archaic outdated morals and beliefs....FFS. If somehow the world was suddenly changed to where men had to have babies..the world wide population growth would immediately cease. And if women then got to decide everything about a man's reproductive rights..it would probably lead to WW3.

Kevo and Poindexter like this.
  3. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Just curious, are you also against child support? I’m assuming so

4. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I’m not really for or against abortion, although I’m Catholic so I should be against, but if men had to have babies we’d only have one child. I watched my wife have three. No idea how I talked her into the 2nd and 3rd one. Maybe the pain was so great she forgot?

#1taz, Poindexter and chrisc like this.
  5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I'm in favor of retroactive abortions.

#1taz, disposableassassin and Miz like this.
  6. BadKarma

BadKarma Active Member

When are you signing up for yours? :D

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I don't have to tell you.

#1taz and BadKarma like this.
  8. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

upload_2019-6-13_8-9-37.png

Just kiddin' old timer, we love ya.

#1taz likes this.
  9. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

I'm against the "if this doesnt affect you then stop speaking on the issue" line of thought. Many things do not affect us directly or indirectly but require we speak out when things warrant it.
    but, I completely agree its asinine that we regulate a necessary and private Medical procedure so we can appease a swath of Americans that would not lift a finger to assist these children if they were born.

I say this as someone who cannot have children and and am working on fostering to adopt. Adoption costs and those costs will keep a lot of middle class families who would love to have children in their homes and be parents to them away. I see first hand what these kids go through being switch in and out of homes due to the county making rash decisions rather than keeping them with foster families who would gladly adopt if the financial restrictions were not present.

#1taz, sourdough, Miz and 1 other person like this.
  10. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I have my own opinion, but I can see and understand both points of view (outside of the extreme absolutely no abortions viewpoint) For me it’s more the train of thought. If someone believes it’s a woman’s body and they have 100% say over it, cool I’m with it. But that person also should believe that woman can hold another person accountable with what they decide to do with their own body (child support)

Just as I completely understand why someone would be against abortion. If you believe all life even at the beginning stages is scared, I’m with it. But that same person can’t also be okay with not having the foundations in place to support these babies who won’t be taken care of

#1taz and Miz like this.
  11. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I have a fairly weird stance on this subject.

First off, I hate that people keep parroting the same things: don't tell a woman what to do with HER body. If you're pregnant, it's no longer just her body. There's another human growing in there that doesn't get a say on the subject.

Shit needs to start before abortion is an option. Men AND women need to be more fucking responsible with their fucking. You should have to have a fucking license to be a parent. It's a hard fucking job and too many kids are born that aren't wanted and aren't taken care of. Implants and IUDs need to be used as soon as that age comes and if you can obtain a license to have a child, then that shit gets removed. Make them for men too, I'll be the first to sign up. I have 3 kids of my own and a step daughter. It's a hard fucking job and people far dumber than me are fucking and fucking up a kids life. Some people are too stupid to be able to reproduce and stupid people don't seem to have fertility problems.

Let's figure out a way to keep people from getting pregnant to begin so abortion isn't necessary.

#1taz likes this.
  12. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

People needing a licence to breed, means that the government is deciding who is allowed to breed.

THAT, is a slippery slope I want no part of.

13. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

That just sounds like murder with extra steps.

#1taz and Poindexter like this.
  14. FrankieButNotEdgar

Me either but damn, there's a lot of stupid motherfuckers running around that can't take care of themselves, much less another human being.

#1taz likes this.
  15. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

You see slippery slope, I see potential business. You know how much people would pay for a fake fucking license ?

Miz likes this.
  16. Miz

Coy, you think the government should control who breeds? Not much would make this vet go savage, but that would. Congressman’s scalps would be on the line. Hopefully the world never comes to that. Maybe everyone having 1 kid, but telling someone they can’t have a kid when life is basically eat drink and reproduce is a nightmare I will fortunately never see. I’m scared people won’t be able to hunt or fish some day, but that is a whole new level that is hopefully hundreds of years away.

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  17. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

You know how many guys would pay to make sure they never get approved?

Qball1974 and Miz like this.
  18. FrankieButNotEdgar

It would never be proposed much less happen. I’m just sick of seeing people who shouldn’t have kids, have the most kids.

You have to have a license to fish and hunt. You have to have a license to drive a car. But you can bring life into this world whether you’re qualified or not, ready or not.

#1taz and Miz like this.
  19. Miz

We took courses in high school didn’t we? Life skills or some shit. You’re right though. Nothing works with some people. Hard part is some people get more by having more kids but if you take it away you hurt the kids. I was being greedy by having three. We thought we were done at two, had a 5 year break, and then decided on 1 more. Glad we did it.

#1taz likes this.
  20. FrankieButNotEdgar

2 of my 3 weren’t planned but we sure as shit didn’t abort them. We also have the means to care for them. But fuck, there are some trashy people in this world that don’t need kids.

#1taz, Poindexter and Miz like this.