Tendonitis

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by Poindexter, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Anybody here have experience with tendonitis in the elbow, or anywhere else?

Trodden likes this.
  2. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Wrists, elbows, shoulders in the past. Stretching/exercises with those rubber bands helped me get through it. I took glucosamine chondroitin and it may have helped...no real proof that helps with tendonitis. Takes time to go away...

Poindexter likes this.
  3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

Epsom salt, stretching, and weed

Poindexter likes this.
  4. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I've had it for a couple months now in my elbow area. Super disappointing. I've tried cross-friction and ice and just not doing any lifting. It's still there to a lesser degree. I'll try the supplements and more stretching. Definitely makes me pissed off. I think I was doing too much max lifts and not enough warm-up. I also think it may be exacerbated by computer use. Fuck if I know.

5. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Sometimes it does just happen. I got it when I moved up weights rather quickly. On top of the stretching and supplements, I even got some wrist and some forearm/elbow thing for tennis elbow (which I fucking hated wearing). All of the above helped, but it was minimal. It's like a hangover though, the only cure is time. If you're able to/due...some time off or going to low weight/high rep phase helps too.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 21, 2016, ---
    Think mine lasted like 6 - 8 months the worst I ever had it. A few times after it wasn't as long.

Poindexter likes this.