1. Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. "UFC on Fox: Poirier vs. Gaethje" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims started at 3:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Tendonitis

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by Poindexter, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Anybody here have experience with tendonitis in the elbow, or anywhere else?

Trodden likes this.
  2. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Wrists, elbows, shoulders in the past. Stretching/exercises with those rubber bands helped me get through it. I took glucosamine chondroitin and it may have helped...no real proof that helps with tendonitis. Takes time to go away...

Poindexter likes this.
  3. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

Epsom salt, stretching, and weed

Poindexter likes this.
  4. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I've had it for a couple months now in my elbow area. Super disappointing. I've tried cross-friction and ice and just not doing any lifting. It's still there to a lesser degree. I'll try the supplements and more stretching. Definitely makes me pissed off. I think I was doing too much max lifts and not enough warm-up. I also think it may be exacerbated by computer use. Fuck if I know.

5. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Sometimes it does just happen. I got it when I moved up weights rather quickly. On top of the stretching and supplements, I even got some wrist and some forearm/elbow thing for tennis elbow (which I fucking hated wearing). All of the above helped, but it was minimal. It's like a hangover though, the only cure is time. If you're able to/due...some time off or going to low weight/high rep phase helps too.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 21, 2016, ---
    Think mine lasted like 6 - 8 months the worst I ever had it. A few times after it wasn't as long.

Poindexter likes this.