1. The impossibility of being human, all too human. This breathing in and out, out and in. These punks. These cowards. These champions. These mad dogs of glory, moving this little bit of light toward us impossibly. "UFC Fight Night 143: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
    Dismiss Notice

T.J. Grant says he's 'earned' shot at Anthony Pettis next

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Poindexter, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

. . .

2. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Indeed he has.

3. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

I say make this fight ASAP since Aldo is injured anyway. Then Pettis vs Aldo in the first quarter of 2014

4. ArMnHC

ArMnHC Great Chimdale County Man

Grant is right. Besides, Aldo is a multiple time defending champion, Pettis just won his belt. He should defend his title a couple times before he's thrown into a champion vs champion fight with Aldo. I know everyone wants to see that fight, but shit man now that Pettis is champ, it'd logjam 2 divisions. Ain't nobody got time for that!

5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Things depend on how severe Pettis' injury is as well.

6. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

If TJ Grant disposes of another contender, then he's earned the shot. My advice to TJ is to learn how to hype a fight. That would get him some title fights. He's no Chael.

7. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

Hopefully Pettis can get healthy and stay healthy to start defending, but I honestly think with how injury prone Pettis is and that it's usually his knees will end up shortening his career significantly.

8. ArMnHC

with his resume, TJ shouldn't need to hype a fight to get a title shot. he's earned it, plain and simple.

9. TriangleSmoke

One stoppage over a contender after stoppages over a bunch of nobodies doesn't warrant a title shot. Grant hasn't earned shit. Maybe if he'd watch Chael and take some notes he'd get his title shot.

10. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ Survival Pool Champion

if not Grant then who?

11. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

It just blows me away how this guys talks like he's waited years for this shot. I'm not trying to shit on what he's done so far, I just don't understand why he feels he is the most deserving contender right now. I have Bendo and Gil ahead of him, personally. Now that Bendo isn't champ anymore I have Edgar up there, too. Plenty of guys for Grant to fight while Aldo and Pettis give us an epic match up.

12. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Really? You have Edgar, 0-2 in his last two 155lb fights and Melendez who just lost in a title shot and hasnt fought since; above him? Thats pushing it...

13. foundstarr

You don't need to be Chael when you are actually earning your fights in fantastic fashion.

14. TriangleSmoke

There's really no clear cut contender, but frankly I would like to see that fight, just not before the Pettis/Aldo fight. Now had Grant ko's not just maynard but also some other contenders like Hendricks has at WW, then it'd be a different story. All these TJ Grant dicksuckers are ridiculous.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

TJ Grant hasn't earned shit. One stoppage over one contender after stopping a bunch of nobodies isn't good enough. Now if he could talk like Chael, he'd be in a title match.

15. drop toe hold

drop toe hold Bill Brasky

wiman, dunham,and maynard. those are all good names

16. foundstarr

Wiman and Dunham aren't nobodies.

17. ArMnHC

exactly! to both posts above^^^

18. TriangleSmoke

Maynard is absolutely positively a good name. Hell, it's a great name, but like I said, stopping one great name after stopping a bunch of nobodies isn't good enough. He needs some mic skills.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

What have Dunham or Wiman done that's worth noting?

19. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ Survival Pool Champion

[​IMG]

20. TriangleSmoke

TJ Grant vs Gilbert Melendez or Benson Henderson makes more sense right now...

[​IMG]