Supplements

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by Tapout, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

OK what does everyone take...

I have become a HUGE fan of Complete Nutrition (www.completenutrition.com) supplements. They take existing formula's and make them purer and better in every way.

Protein: Titan Whey Protein. Gives you 5 different kinds of protein, some with time release, so your body get's a steady flow of protein all day long. I believe each shake is around 50grams of protein, and it's lean like 200-300 calories per shake. Also gives you essential amino acids

Pre Workout: Buzzerk, it takes N0Xplode and puts it to shame. Uses Krea-Alkline for creatine, so it doesn't start working until it's in your muscles so you don't gain water weight. Also gives me a burst and stamina with each workout. It also makes me super focused, like really really focused.

Post workout- I use a combo of Ressurect and Protein, it helps me recover pretty good so next day i'm not spent.

I also take a multi-vitamin, and anti oxident pills (Grape Seed extract, Green tea Extract, Acai, Ginseng, and Ginko Biloba) throughout each day.

What do you take, and how has it worked for you. I just started taking the Preworkout, Post Workout, and steadily using Protein and the results are great, i feel so much better. The titan has also killed my craving for junk foods and soda.

2. Hillary's Vagina

Hillary's Vagina Black Lives Matter

Not gonna lie....I do not take anything..nothing at all. I eat therefore I am. I do not take creatine or protein or anything. All the people that go to my gym do not believe me. That is the honest truth though.

3. Tapout

I'm forced to take protein shakes, as I don't get enough protein in through the day. I was only getting like 20 grams a day...Need closer to 150. So i Take about 2 protein shakes a day to get close enough to that number. I don't eat a whole lot of meat. So this helps tremendously for me.

4. Hillary's Vagina

Hillary's Vagina Black Lives Matter

Now you are making me think I should just pound protein drinks all day and NoExplode.

I would never Juice but I could only imagine the possibilities if I did....

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Yeah after reading as much as I could on the subject, almost universally supplements are considered low-grade food. I use to manufacture them so I know the bullshit that companies can spew about "purity". I do take No-X because I don't take any caffeine, though I'd probably be much better off just drinking tea before my work out. MBC is right, if you eat balanced meals you will trump supplements every time. The problem with supplements is the ideology of distillation, that it's one strain of aminos or one strain of vitamins here or there that need to be combined, rather than finding it in where nature the complexity of a food item's chemistry is built for survival and is a far more efficient model than distillation.

I do not knock anyone taking supplements, however if you have the choice between food or supplements, I would go specifically with WHOLE FOODS. Unaltered non-gmo grains, fruits, and vegetables coupled with lean proteins. However if you cannot get balanced nutrition because of your schedule or your lifestyle, then absolutely supplements are preferable to not eating OR eating empty calories or highly processed foods.

Since I've been on a mostly organic diet I've been injury and strain free, I've had more energy, and my digestion (coupled with my probotic) has been the best it's every been. I haven't had radical weight loss but I didn't have it on supplements either. And at the same time I didn't enjoy the benefits that supplements advertise. Do not get me wrong I really like what NO X does for me, it gets my blood flowing before the work out but honestly that's probably me just being lazy.

Don't laugh... ok FUCK YOU laugh, but I bought a Ninja, yeah that's right, a Ninja. Because smoothies are fucking expensive. Anyway this thing makes the magic bullet look like an electric toothbrush. But my new plan is to stop the no-x and make home-made smoothies of veggie shakes for my prework out. I'll let you know how that goes.

Sniggles likes this.
  6. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Mate of mine doesn't take anything like that either, and he does not eat well to be honest and yeah he is quite big, 6 pack and what not

I hate the sonovabitch lol

7. Tapout

Anyone try shark cartilage? I saw GSP taking it for joints and such.

8. Palma

Palma I am chaos

On heavy lifting days I use Assault
    Circuit days that I'm tired I use C4
    I use Isopure as a post workout and as a meal replacement.
    And sometimes I use Jacked 3D for competition or hard training.

9. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Mid 30's and need a little boost. I'm trying to get back in good shape. Been swimming (it's summer) and doing Bjj (2-3 times a week). I need something to get me motivated a little more. I don't think I need noxplode, but maybe something a little tamer. Maybe like a pre workout and a protein shake. I don't eat very well, which I know I should work on. Anyone know anything new that might help me get the eye of the tiger back, but not send my old heart into shock? Would just a multivitamin maybe help? Thanks

10. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Creatine, multivitamin, protein shake and green+ w chlorrella. The green stuff plus coffee makes your brain fire immaculately and seamlessly.

kanobro likes this.
  11. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Similar here, minus the coffee. Don't drink much of that. Creatine is in my protein or I probably wouldn't be getting any.

12. ILJO

ILJO Soggy Bottom Boy Site Donor

Someone please point me in the direction of the supplements with steroids in them. I'd like to get beefy.

13. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Ask Jon Jones on Twitter

14. Tapout

A solid pre-workout, protein powder, Omega Oil, and the only thing I would think of taking is a Testosterone booster. As once you hit your 30's that starts to fade (I take one, and it helps me lean out when I'm working out constantly). Watch your food intake, cut out soda & limit sugar.

MIZjitzZOU likes this.
  15. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Got a solid protein with creatine also in it and a multi-vitamin. Thought I'd try this out for a month before trying a test booster. I had blood work done not to long ago and testosterone wasn't an issue. I don't want to throw things to out of whack. I'll reacess next month, plus I didn't want to spend to much money. I also held off on a preworkout.

I bought something called prevagen. It's supposed to improve memory. Thought I'd give it a try. If it doesn't work, oh well. I used to take adhd meds to help attention, but memory was one of my main issues.

I feel really good about getting back in shape. I haven't felt like this for some time and I owe, I think, a lot to getting off my ssri. Now I'm not advocating anyone doing that, but I felt like I didn't have a big drive to work out while I was on it, for years now. Now I'm sure other factors were there, but I definitely feel more of a drive now.

Hoping to drop about ten pounds and be kicking ass again at Bjj.

16. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

The real secret to losing weight: Eat less calories, eat nutrient dense foods and exercise 5 days a week. Everything else is bullshit meant to keep you weening off the diet industry's teet.

Any multivitamin works, I get mine from Costco.
    Vitamin D: in the fall and winter time daily, sporadically during the week the rest of the year (I hate those cheap chalky small ones but they get the job done).
    Fish Oil: you can get the cheap stuff from the store but if you are getting super serious, I would say the stuff on bodybuilding.com is better even at the cheapest price point.
    Probiotics: You can get this in a pill or you can eat yogurt, sauerkraut or kimchi. Spicy kimchi soup with sliced beef brisket is fucking simple and easy.
    MSM/Glucosamine: I don't know if it works, I take it though. It is supposed to help your joints. It is cheap enough at about $5/month. I don't take large or advised quantities. Just 1 a day.

Honestly, the cheapest place to look for creatine is bodybuilding.com. Just get a big tub. I used to buy the pills or get it added to stuff like protein powder. It adds up price per gram when you get any mixed or pill product. The bottles from GNC are a rip-off, I fell for that ploy a decade ago. Quantity is necessary to not pay out the ass. Buying in bulk also incentivizes you to use the whole tub up because you committed more money to fitness/health. Buy creatine PROACTIVELY when it is on sale not when you run out. Example. Same with protein powder. Protein powder is dependent upon how your body can process things. Personally, I cannot use whey all the time or I begin to feel ill after a while. I like to mixup my protein as I do with my greens in my smoothie. Too much of one thing is a bad thing. Get your protein powder for the year here. I like Hemp, Rice and Pea. Pretty well rounded and easy on the stomach unlike the industrial whey. Again, large quantities make up for the shipping costs.

As for food/water. TheKidInside was big on apple cider vinegar. I can tell you, if you have the discipline to have a cup of hot lemon water + green tea as soon as you wake up and a liter+ of apple cider vinegar and water mixture after a morning workout then you will will lose weight even more successfully. I find it makes me piss more but I feel like my metabolism is working much better. Subsequently, the practice increases my output while at work and when I hit the iron. Green smoothies whenever you find the time in a day. Mix up your veggies and eat as many as you want. Drink at least 2 liters of water. I like to drink 3-4L when losing weight. Helps to purge the body and keep hydrated. If you drink more water, you have less urges to over-eat. Often, you are thirsty when you feel hungry.

If you want to get super serious on a bulk or cut cycle, get some maca, ginkgo, glutamine and BCAAs. This is an additional cost, I don't feel that it is worth it unless you are a super high performer. This is when you are already completely built and pushing for the 1000 club.

Marijuana helps for recovery after a long workout, hard BJJ day, bike ride, long run. That counts as a supplement, right? Alcohol ruins any gains you make so another reason to quit drinking. If you are going to get an addiction, an addiction to health is the best one to have.

Save yourself money while in the journey to good health by not buying into all the fancy shit you don't need. Remember, companies are trying to make money moreso than make you healthier. Stay away from pills because if you get to stacking too many supplements, it will get draining on you to have to swallow 10 every day. Get the liquid versions if you want to cut down in some of the things like the vitamin D and fish oil.

I am catching the bug again myself. You can only become fit and healthy by being disciplined and cognizant every day of your choices. Weightloss is not complicated. It is simple. The hard part is just doing it. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you are moving and putting resistance on your body. The more resistance you face, the stronger you get. It's simple, really.

Just my 2¢. Good luck to you.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    MIZjitzZOU likes this.
  17. Tapout

A gallon of water a day will change your life for the better too

18. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

More time in the bathroom! Peeing on stuff is fun.

Tapout likes this.