1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Stipe Miocic slated to defend heavyweight title against Francis Ngannou at UFC 220

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

It's a what have you done for me lately kind of thing. People JUST saw Ngannou MDK Overeem. Stipe hasn't fought since beating an over the hill JDS back in May. He'll get the chance to remind mother fuckers in January.

Sakara=Excitement and Macgyver like this.
  2. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

You can see how much confidence Stipe has when he fights since he has become Champ. The guy looks better and better every time I see him fight. You would have to be a fool to overlook him. If I was a betting man, with Stipe as the underdog, I'd bet on Stipe all day long.

Kevo likes this.
  3. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

Im gonna buy a goat and call it Stipe

4. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Stipe has no chance..not because he can't beat Ngannou but no one will ever defend the HW title three times. Curse!!

5. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

Has anyone heard anything on when we'll see Cain back in the Octagon? I would really love to see him back in the mix.......

chuckthechamp likes this.
  6. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member

Man, I just watched that fight (crazy behind on cards). My first reaction was that it looked sloppier than I expected given people's talk. But the replay showed me that Ngannou, if a bit wild (same for the shot he landed against AA), actually has his eyes open wide and is completely aware the whole time. Very impressive.

That said, Overeem was surprisingly aggressive for a guy with a weak chin fighting a wrecking machine. I was expecting to see him fight more like he did against JDS in this fight. Not sure what to make of it or what to expect out of Ngannou against an elite, but patient, HW. Can't wait to see him fight Stipe!!

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Sound and effective strategy, IMO.

8. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

9. Problematique

Problematique Australia's Gaston.

Will Stipe break the Heavyweight Champion curse and successfully defend his title for a third straight time?

Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z.

chuckthechamp and Poindexter like this.
  10. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

What an odd record that makes.