1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Stipe Miocic slated to defend heavyweight title against Francis Ngannou at UFC 220

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Stipe Miocic slated to defend heavyweight title against Francis Ngannou at UFC 220

Francis Ngannou sends a warning to Stipe Miocic

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 8:28 PM
  2. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

He is going to be the next champ

Malevolence likes this.
  3. Cat--Smasher

4. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

I would have guessed somewhere close to that maybe -120

5. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Stipe better up his financial demands before he walks into the cage with that animal.

Malevolence and Kevo like this.
  6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

And make sure his life insurance payment doesn't get lost in the mail

Fe1, Dimson and Nebraska like this.
  7. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Ngannou is a monster. This is the best HW fight and title fight that we have had in years, imo.

thumper and Cat--Smasher like this.
  8. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Ngannou gets that push in odds because he hasn't lost in 4 years and he's 6-0 ufc all with finishes. plus he's never been out of the 2nd round in his entire career.

but stipe is 11-2 UFC and he's won 5 in a row in the last 3 years, all finishes.

To me it should be dead even, even though those odds aren't a long way away.

this is going to be one hell of a fight, and frankly I don't think it's a matter of who is better, just a matter of who hits who flush, first. this is a rare time in the UFC to have two guys in this weight class have these kinds of records.

but honestly I don't think the UFC would want to make that fight. i figured they'd want each to clean out more before they met

1inthechamber likes this.
  9. Noise

Noise Ruido

Oh fuck no; they need, want, and will make this kaiju war happen. The upshot of a marketable godzilla in Francis is way too much to Bob Arum this fight.

I really don't see Stipe with a chance in hell unless...He lures, baits, survives, and drags Ngannou into the fourth and fifth rounds. And I don't recall Stipe having some ungodly conditioning either so who knows if that pays off, but yea.

CAN'T WAIT.

Malevolence and Dimson like this.
  10. Nebraska

Stipe’s wrestling could make this an interesting scrap. He nearly beat Hunt to death with a ground and pound game plan.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  11. Noise

Noise Ruido

Look at Francis' fuckin' thighs, though...That fucking behemoth is THICC, :ninja:.

Shooting on him just...I mean, shit: wrestling just LOOKS like a bad idea with that fucking guy. I don't think he would even need to sprawl to stop a take down; he'd just need to, like, decide to shift his weight a little.

12. Cat--Smasher

Coach says Francis Ngannou “could be a champ in boxing,” eyes showdown with Joshua or Wilder

--- Post Added -- Dec 6, 2017 at 8:26 PM, ---
    Stipe Miocic-Francis Ngannou heavyweight title fight targeted for UFC 220

13. Malevolence

Malevolence Hurt like you’ve never been loved

I can only imagine the amount of shit your body would involuntarily shit when your brain & colon finally come to the actual real time realization that you have to have a fist fight with Francis Ngannou.

Ngannous punching power is so ridiculous but I think we’ve all learnt that Stipe can’t ever been written off, although there’s a very good chance Francis physically writes him off in this one.

Kevo likes this.
  14. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Just stay behind him, IMO.

Nebraska likes this.
  15. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

Ngannou is fuckin scary. I could see him winning by spectacular KO but you can't count Stipe out. Stipe's best hope is obviously to take it to the ground but if Francis touches him it's good friggin night.

16. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Two big men with heavy hands,

What's not to like.

17. Nebraska

[​IMG]

Sakara=Excitement, Qball1974 and Kevo like this.
  18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

19. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

I keep thinking that same thing, but holy shit, that dude hits so hard, no matter who it is if he connects they're going down.

20. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

I see Francis is now the next best thing at HW. Being that this is the HW division, that'll last all of 2-3 fights. I'm shocked so many people are counting Stipe out.

Kevo likes this.