Steve's training log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Steve, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

go stevey go stevey go stevey

2. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

hahaha ! thanks. i got my weight in the 150's for the first time this sunday past :D

159.4!

3. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Very nice.

You a little guy then in terms of height and weight?

4. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

5'9.5 and 159.4

just back from jog, did a 5 minute flat out no breaks shadow boxing when i got in the door with the 14 ounce gloves on and i am now officially beat !

5. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Ah ok 5'9, small then.

6. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

i prefer medium sized.

that's harsh bro!

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Lol xD

I'm only 6'2 so dw bout it.

8. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

got to the gym and got my whole leg / calf routine in ! fuck yesss

2x sets of 4-6

squats at 134lbs
    leg press at 300lbs
    1x set of 4-6
    leg curl at 140lbs
    reverse leg curl at 80lbs
    2x sets of 4-6
    calf raises with 135lbs

9. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

biceps n triceps n running !

2x sets of 4-6 db curls at 35lbs
    2x sets of 4-6 bb curls 1 at 56lbs and 1 at 67lbs
    2x sets of cable curls at 100lbs

triceppps
    2x sets of 4-6 cable press downs at 112.5lbs
    2x sets of 4-6 skullcrushers at 37lbs
    2x sets of 4-6 overhead tricep raises with a 15lb db

running!

10min of jogging/sprinting/walking burned 140+ cals and went over a mile

10. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

another 10 minutes on the treadmill today gonna try to beat what i did yesterday and doing a good core workout and some shoulders !

core
    2x 10 (each side) oblique crunches on decline bench
    2x 10 weighted normal crunches on decline bench
    2x 15 leg lifts on flat bench
    2x 10 reverse crunches with 25lb db in each hand

shoulders

db military presses, started with 15lbs did my main sets on 35lbs
    2x sets of 4-6 db military press with 35lbs
    3x sets of 4-6 straight bar military presses at 56lbs
    2x sets of DB side lats with 15lb db

all that + 10 minutes of trying to beat 140 cals and 1.04miles that i did yesterday i got 1.08miles and 149 cals? i think either way a good day. just finished a little at home core workout did about 50 oblique crunches with one leg across other lying on floor (25 each side) and 50 leg outs with just ass on floor and going from nearly laying down to crunched position..

pretty much exhausted now but i'm not done ! hahah goin for a 3k run across town to my dads where im gonna be training my little brother for a few hours showing him some basic boxing / grappling stuff he is getting real solid for a young kid :D

11. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

up, supplements = taken
    gym = soon
    sore = me

12. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

okay, good day! upped my weights in a couple of things and got further in my 10 min run pre-weight lifting at gym this morning

did 10 mins burned over 150 cals and ran 1.15 mile(s)

did the remainder of shoulders today combined with back stuff, pretty much totaled a torturous day! also just got back from a 1.5mile jog and did 3 3 minute rounds of hardcore shadow boxing in mirror working on technique n speed. feel like a zombie now but whatever :p its becoming fun to kill myself on a day to day basis

13. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

10 mins on treadmill just keeping on trying to beat my previous, got 1.20miles and 160~ cals burned

chest 5 warmup sets on incline db bench starting with 15lb db-30lb db
    2 sets of 6 of each
    incline db bench press 35lbs
    bb bench press 134lbs
    chest version dips 2x sets of 6

then did a hardcore cardio/abdominal session for about 1hr 30 mins pre-boxing and was exhausted haha.. now back from boxing i can barely move - just had a protein shake

1 scoop gold standard protein 24g protein
    1 cup skim milk 9g protein

gonna make some dinner in a little while and rest tonight, MAY go for a run if i have the energy!

14. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

10min run on treadmill again to start, 1.23 miles and 150~ cals again

did leg day, put my squats up 20lbs :D still pretty much bringing my ass down to the ground for the squats, it's awesome :D

15. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

just went for a walk around town with my gym gear in my book bag in case i decided to hit the gym, walk about 5miles then decided i wanted to try some rossboxing training stuff at the gym so i went and did 5 circuits of

20 oblique crunches
    20 crunches on yoga ball
    10 chin ups using a rope across the chin up bar for grip strength
    20 push ups
    10 dumbell snatches with 20lb dumbell (just trying to get the hang of the proper technique)
    and then this thing ross talks about where you walk a distance carrying 2 dumbells (i used 20lbs in each hand ) drop them and sprint away and sprint back and rinse / repeat.. did this 20 times sprinting 100m away and then back.

after these circuits i was completely drained i had some jacks beef jerky 1g fat 16g protein per serving (alot of sodium but i had no other protein choose at the time) then rested for about 15 minutes and walked home (2.5-3 mile walk)

protein shake now then cooking up some veggie/grilled chicken stir fry in about an hour.

16. tick

tick is banned?

That Ross training stuff is hard as hell... but it works well!

That looks like one hell of a workout right there.

17. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

first day of judo last night, was fucking amazing in love with that sport!! :D

doin boxing 2x a week and judo 1x a week now and sparring 3-4x a week with different sparring partners in both sports and in mma/kickboxing. really getting into the ross training stuff and focusing on running in the mornings and biking and doing as much shadow boxing as i can..

took 3 days off from the gym this week gonna hit it back up again tomorrow, my weight has stuck on 160-163 for about 2.5 weeks now so that feels really stable and my abs are basically just ripping thru now haha.. u can see the top 4 no matter what im doing and as long as im not hunched / sitting u can see the 6 pack :D

18. tick

tick is banned?

good stuff man... Did you body need the rest so you took the time off?

I have read a few article that every 4th or 5th week should be a easy workout week. Where you just do light workouts or goof off stuff just to let your body rest a little. Some people use it to try out new exercises to see if they like them or not...

19. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

yea and the fact that i had to move haha so i had to take some time off, but it's all good. feel really good now.. except my feet which are totally fucked from judo but hey that's grappling :D

I <3 anaconda chokes.

20. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

just in from gym and a massively long walk (4.5km)

gym was some ross / fighter training stuff i've been researching
    did 3 circuits of this
    explosive split squats (135lbs) 10reps
    push ups 20reps
    rotational strength (ross stuff on youtube) twisting while on decline bench in situp position [fuckng brutal] did 20 reps (10 each side)
    explosive narrow grip pullups (pulling myself up to hard id go off bar then re-grab it) 10 reps
    chin-ups using rope (10 reps)
    25 leg lifts
    25 sit-ups on decline bench
    1 min of skipping (mixing up moderate / fast pace)
    1 min of shadow boxing (mixed up slow and all out)
    20 db snatches

I AM TIRED.

very.