Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX)

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Spoon, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

2. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

3. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Interesting. I see they are for shizzle retconning most of the last jedi.

Nebraska likes this.
  4. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

If you guys see and confirm that everyone involved in this trilogies, except Finn, dies horrible deaths I will definitely go see it. Otherwise I'll keep looking at Star Wars like I look at present day UFC.

Palma and disposableassassin like this.
  5. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

I love it. Can't wait.

6. Nebraska

Thank God.

Problematique and PicogramPenis like this.
  7. Ninjastix

I'm glad RLM released this video. For a second I was worried my favorite characters from the series were gone.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  8. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Can they kill off the character rose. She brought nothing new to franchise. Nor is she actually talented at anything. I would not be sad at all if she bit the dust. That awkward no chemistry relationship with Finn in TLJ.

I hope Wedge makes an appearance. That emperor laugh at the end, and then his appearance after they premiered the trailer to tell them to show it again as the emperor. Hell yeah.

Problematique likes this.
  9. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I can't believe I watched that entire video

Spoon and Ninjastix like this.
  10. Ninjastix

I'm so proud.

Palma and Spoon like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Had to give you rep, because I "only" lasted 2 minutes before I had to shut that shit down. You are a better man than I am. What I watched made me want to punch a baby in the face and kick a puppy in the head.

Palma likes this.
  12. Ninjastix

13. disposableassassin

Pitch meetings are the fucking best.

Ninjastix likes this.
  14. Ninjastix

They're surprisingly witty. I keep looking for a reason to dislike them but they're a pleasant surprise every time.

PicogramPenis likes this.
  15. Ninjastix

lol for you masochists out there:

16. Nebraska

17. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

--- Post Added -- Aug 26, 2019, ---

ILJO and Spoon like this.
  18. disposableassassin

That new trailer is the drizzling shits. I am not looking forward to another shitty star wars movie. Rey wont turn evil and if she does why? Also, why the fuck would they give something away like that in the trailer. That goddamn lightsaber is sooooo stupid.

Dimson and Ninjastix like this.
  19. Ninjastix

I think there's a comment on the video on the YouTubes that guesses Rey is Evil in a vision. So the trailer is just a fake-out in other words.

Again, shilling for RLM but I agree with their viewpoint that Star Wars is creatively bankrupt, but I would add, under these reigns. There's been a line of novels and a series of games that has shown what you can do with the material. The movies have lagged behind paradoxically because they're too protective of the material but too insulated to know what's of value.

To me the heart of the series has been lost. Why are the first films memorable in the first place? They're just simple, light fantasy. Sure they have great special effects, but like Lucas said before he was a billionaire (paraphrasing) - a special effect without a story is pretty shit. They had compelling characters who gave quality performance because they were the focus.. not the effects, not the cliches, not the hallmarks. Lucas ripped off the serial adventures he grew up loving in Cinema. Star Wars was created by nostalgia to ironically become a victim of it.

I don't care how the "Skywalker" saga ends at this point. It's been ruined imo. The prequels made me actively dislike Obiwan, Yoda, and Annikan. The first sequel commits mass genocide putting the "War" back in a title that was never really about war. It was never about the realities of war. The series never needed to tread there. And what followed was a soft-reboot, redo of a New Hope with less focused characters, unclear motivations, ambiguous resolutions that lead to a stagnate 8th film.

If by an 8th fucking film you don't have an identity. You don't have a purpose. You don't have a direction. Why should anyone fucking care? Not even children should care, let alone 30 and 40 year children that are staking their happiness on a JJ Fucking Abrams film.

I hope Abrams goes full-LOST on episode 9. Time Travel. Ghosts. Ninjas. Demons. Just go full on fucking retarded bullshit. If episode 8 killed the Jedi then I hope episode 9 rapes its corpse into oblivion.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    disposableassassin likes this.
  20. Palma

Palma I am chaos

They should just tie it into Lost and Cloverfield. Or have them transverse into our dimension and start massacreing people at a Star Wars convention because they were thoroughly confused.

You and I should write the next trilogy

Dimson and Ninjastix like this.