Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by jesusatemyhotdog, Feb 15, 2016.

1. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

LOL you know immediately after I replied I wondered what that next line was. Sorry man.

jesusatemyhotdog likes this.
  2. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Star Wars is serious business.

3. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

if it was from force awakens, why is he in front of Last Jedi posters?

and he did say it

4. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

I already addressed this. You're conflating him not being on board at the time he first read the script with thinking the character was ruined and/or the movie was bad. And again, Hamill has stated that once he got to work on the movie that he came around on the subject.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/...reement-with-last-jedi-director-rian-johnson/

Also, there are moments in the first video where he's literally standing in front of Force Awakens signage.

5. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

[​IMG]

Nebraska likes this.
  6. Trodden

you are clearly hung up on my use of the word ruined

dont know why

youre focusing on the word not the sentiment

both mark hammil and myself were not happy with the direction they took Lukes character in

he has said THAT in many interviews

/done

7. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

He's talking about his initial thoughts upon reading the script. He's not talking about how he feels about the finished product.

8. Trodden

I wonder if he was under any kind of contract forbidding him from disparaging the film in any way?

in many interviews he said he was unhappy with the direction they took Luke in

so was I

so were many people

that

has

been

my

argument

only
    --- Post Added -- Dec 21, 2017, ---
    I never said Mark Hammil didnt like the overall film

it was what they did to Lukes character from the direction he was going for 3 straight movies

I have made no other point

9. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

So you're saying you don't like the direction Luke's character took in the new movie?

10. Trodden

meh

Spoon likes this.
  11. Neganomics

Neganomics I know nothing.

This would be true were it not for the fact that time, as far as we can tell, moves forward in a linear fashion. Which means there is a future. And with that future comes possibilities.

Just because they killed Snoke off doesn't mean they can't retrospectively explore his character or backstory in a future movie, novel, video game, or whatever. It's not like the studios don't have the financial incentive to keep churning out Star Wars movies. They could do an entire movie on Kylo training under Luke and being seduced to the dark side by Snoke.

I've even read some fan theories that Snoke may have been force projecting himself the same way Luke was, and that he is still alive somewhere. If he really knew what was going on in Kylo's mind at all times, how was Kylo able to get the jump on him?

Who cares what Mark Hamill did and didn't like? He's an actor, not a writer. Luke Skywalker, in the original series, was the kind of movie hero that spoke to the times at the time the movies were released. He was a squeaky clean, black and white, good guy type of character. What he represents in this movie is again reflective of the type of movie hero that is reflective of our era. He is a gray-area type of character. A guy who used to know who he was, made some bad decisions, chose to run from them instead of coming to terms with them, and then is confronted by new and old characters and is forced to address his problems. I think that makes him a lot more relatable, actually, than the bratty do-gooder he was back in the original series.
    It's hard to tease out. He is so ambiguous about it.

12. Trodden

its a movie

linear time is irrelevant

bad story telling

I didnt say his opinion mattered any more than anyone elses

I said even Mark Hammil wasnt happy, as were a lot of fans

cool. I can see how people see it that way

but opinions arent facts

Im expressing my opinion not laying out an undeniable universal truth

13. Neganomics

The best I can tell, you're pissed off because you didn't get the entire story you wanted right now. The story can still come out later. Breathe. Be patient, young padawan.

14. Trodden

what?

the entire story?

Luke is dead, they already told the entire story of his life

unless he faked his death, which would be even dumber, his story as luke skywalker the man is over

15. Neganomics

This trilogy wasn't supposed to be about Luke. And in any case, the nature of the force is basically something that anyone who touches Star Wars can take liberties with. So just because he disappeared and became one with the force, that doesn't mean he can't come back in some form in the future.

I'm not completely happy with the movie either. And I'm not telling you that you shouldn't have an opinion, or that your opinions are wrong. You've just tried to explain the reasoning behind your opinions, and I'm just trying to point out to you that your reasoning may not be 100% rational in this case.

16. Palma

Palma I am chaos

He's not gonna be dead dead. He's gonna be jedi dead. Shit, jedi dead yoda blew the fuck out of that tree.

Spoon and Trodden like this.
  17. Trodden

never said it was

what I said was.....I.....was.....unhappy.....with.....what.....they.....did....to.....lukes.....character

I have said nothing else

really

nothing

never said "damn guys! they ruined the Luke Skywalker saga!!!!'
    and what they do with his Jedi Dio like hologram is different

18. Palma

Palma I am chaos

His penis will be a lightsaber

Trodden likes this.
  19. Trodden