1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

Some craxy stuff is going down at MMANEWS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Wolvish, Aug 28, 2008.

1. rivethead

rivethead Neg'd 4 Lyfe

yep. internet bada$$, me.

I totally put the "key" in keyboard warrior.

It was funny how much shit people gave the admins about abuse of power, when we literally had no real power at all.

rh

2. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

The name of this thread should be changed to "NOTHING is going down at MMANEWS"!

Swiftboy, disposableassassin and Rise like this.
  3. lwbrewer

lwbrewer Active Member

^aint that the truth

disposableassassin likes this.
  4. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

I left for good when BK became a mod. Didn't even lurk. Figured it would end this way.

5. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I wonder if the oG-SPOTters feel a sense of victory?

I sure as fuck do.

Poindexter likes this.
  6. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Hell after I was ousted as a mod because I didn't do anything to bring traffic to the site (whatever in the fuck that has to do with being a mod) and that trolling twatwaffle I banned for being a trolling twatwaffle, took my place. Then the forum shut down. I feel a sense of victory myself.

Poindexter likes this.
  7. jokerthief

jokerthief No reason to get excited. Site Donor

I don't. It seems like News evolved into something great after we left. I think this is demonstrated by how much better this place has become since the new guys arrived. Yeah, News was in disarray after we left, but it seems like the consistent flow of new arrivals News got from being so high in search engine results built the place back up.

Hillbilly, Trodden, Kevo and 5 others like this.
  8. disposableassassin

News was great for a long while. It was the greatest place I had ever found on the Internet. I made some great friends there.

9. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

A lot of the News posters who are here now missed the original Great Exodus. I started posting in 2008/09 after it all happened. You'd see references to it from older posters but for most us us who joined afterwards it really didn't mean much. We just continued as a forum and made our own community.

10. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

LOL I think somebody compared you to Hitler.

11. rivethead

rivethead Neg'd 4 Lyfe

yeah. that happens all the time.

on the internets.

But in all sincerity, I don't miss the 'news. I don't miss the unpaid responsibility and the bullshit, and as soon as it got new shady new ownership, it was the easiest thing I've ever done to just delete my admin status and save my account as a plebe, and never look back. The 'spot has many of the guys who were posting when I got into web-connected MMA [although there is a ton missing: Strife, Clint, Noob, Uber, Boo...] and I have literally no responsibilities. I can put people on ignore...it's great.

rh

Hillbilly and Poindexter like this.
  12. Noise

Noise Ruido

That Trigg Resistance tho, :rofl:.

13. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Original Exodus ftw.

#1taz and Goremire like this.
  14. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Deluxe Edition

I was loyal until the end... stayed until she took her last breath. 2010 was when I joined and started actively posting, lurked prior. Bittersweet.

Cant say I'm too sad tho because this place is awesome! I enjoy the hell out of MMAspot now, glad it was a smooth transition and I made the move to being active here back in April. Got a good crew here, both the old Newsers and the Spotters. I love you guys, glad this is HOME.

I also run an MMA group on Facebook with @Trodden if anybody cares to give it a gander. There's over 100 of us in there, alot of us also post on here of course. I know some people can Facebook easier on their phones than browse the forums so it's kinda convenient. I know @lwbrewer work internet wont allow him on here so Facebook is kinda nice to get around that stuff and still get an MMA fix. https://www.facebook.com/groups/330408237114340/
    good stuff posted, plus you get to see our ugly mugs. Oh yeah and boobs ( . Y . )

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Goremire and Trodden like this.
  15. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I wonder how many there are of us who have been here since the beginning and been consistent posters ever since?

16. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

Im actually surprised how many people from News joined the FB group, we have almost everyone but @Cat--Smasher

it takes a brave person to put their face by there online persona

I do hope Spotters join, we have most of the ex-newsers

Hillbilly likes this.
  17. disposableassassin

Is bonernose still part of the FB group?

18. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Deluxe Edition

Honestly havent seen him in a while, he's MIA.

19. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

I think he's still around, but he hasnt been that active

20. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

There's nothing better there than is here, though.

ILJO and disposableassassin like this.