1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Sarah Palin against Abortion but all good with Animal murder?

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Harlem Hustler, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

This bitch is a hypocrite. How the fuck can you be sooo pro life but you support killing Wolves from a helicopter?
    Also she denied Polar Bears as endangered because she couldn't build any power plants and destroy the little bit of natural beauty the earth has left?
    This Bitch is a blood thirsty Hypocrite. She doesn't give a fuck about Animals, obviously her gun ownership is more about satisfying her thirst for innocent blood and not for her protection. No wonder McCain chose her because she's probably more of a war mongerer than he is. How can this legal serial killer be so accepting of killing animals and care about killing Arabs or Americans for that matter? Hell, her own son is in Iraq, just maybe this bitch is warped.

2. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

Wow.

Is it really necessary to call her a bitch?

And do you understand population control when it comes to animals?

Seriously, are you trying make a joke?

And have you ever done any research on Polor Bears and their population or are you just spouting that shit out of your ass too?

Please, Harlem, tell me you've been drinking or some shit.

Because honestly this is one of the stupid and honstly most offensive threads you have ever made.

Because this shit isn't funny man, it IMO, just makes you look like a fucking Jackass.

3. Harlem Hustler

SImply put, I love animals, hate sport hunting, don't agree with tampering with wildlife for any purpose, and scientists have said they don't know what Palin is talking about in reference to these Polar Bears not being in danger. Yes, I've done some research and I just think she's a Hypocrite.

Population control can be done through relocation aswell. I don't agree with killing animals unless it is to eat.

I think I did go to far by calling her a Bitch and just making a very hate filled rant. It's early. But I really can't stand this hypocritical BS many of these conservatives what us to swallow.

4. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

That's your choice, but to judge other people and to call the a "bitch" Simply because they support Wildlife Conservation is a little ignorant to me.
    There are also very respected scientist that have done studies that have shown that the Polar Bear is doing better now that it has done in years. There are just as many reports that say numbers are increasing as there are reports that say they are decreasing.

And yet, I feel the exact opposite.lol

I can't belive that people eat the Bullshit that the Holy One Spews.

All things aside, I love you Harlem.

5. vore9000

vore9000 New Member

I won't be as Harsh as Sundance man, but I gotta say you went a bit far there Harlem lol.

I'm a pretty liberal and progressive guy but I do actually hunt and enjoy it very much as well as see the value in it.

The wolf situation is something I honestly don't really know about and I know the value and necessity for population/predator control if there is scientific reasoning for it.

A more valid argument against Sarah Pallin when it comes to how she deals with the wildlife up in Alaska is that whenever it comes to drilling for oil at the cost of damaging wildlife, she will drill for oil. If I'm not mistaken this is an issue where she and McCain actually disagree.

And I know that the Polar Bear thing was kind of nuts on her part and she was really going against the current on that one.

6. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Wow I am kinda on the fence about this one. On one hand I can see Harlem's point of view without the tirade, on the other I see the opposite.

The wolves and the polar bears are two different topics at hand.

With the wolves, I don't agree with being able to hunt them from the air. If you are going to hunt, do it the right way. You don't need your automatic weapon, just a rifle, some camouflage, and a lot of time. Hunting should only be done when it is in season and all that other regulation stuff. No where should you be allowed to hunt with a superior advantage (its why you can't use dynamite in fishing anymore) as you can cause too much damage to the habitat.

Now polar bears. The argument is that they are still endangered but no just kidding we think they are increasing in population. Until there is enough evidence that proves they aren't endangered, then leave them alone. I forget how many years it took for the bald eagle to come back from it's close to extinction status, but it took a while. Just wait till most parties can agree that they aren't endangered then start slowly.

As far as the polar bears being in the way of energy development in Alaska. I don't buy that for one second. There are way more other ways than just drilling to provide energy, and there sure as hell are a lot greener ways as well.

7. vore9000

vore9000 New Member

Good point, I agree.

8. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken Polar Bears are close to being endangered. For many reasons not just hunting. The ice caps are melting at a rapid rate. You have only to take a basic astronomy class to hear the teacher talk about the blue water that is now visible at the poles and when there's not ice or solid ground there's no natural habitat for the Polar bears. Same with the wolves. If you keep building fucking power plants and diminishing the natural environment then you're effectively killing off the wolves and other animals food sources. The wolves then look to scavenge food where they can and that means probably a bit too close to city lines if they're desperate enough.

Out in Cali near the mountains we kill the occasional mountain lion if it becomes a danger to people or has attacked someone. I agree such should be the same for a wolf if it's a threat. I think it should be a case by case basis.

I'm not feeling this vp candidate. Maybe calling her a broad is better than a bitch.

9. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

He posted this nonsense at the other site too. The more threads he creates, the further and further I see eye to eye with him. This is just ignorance.

First off sport hunting and population control and abortion are not even comparable. I love animals but I'm not against hunting. Harlem are you a vegetarian? If you walked in your backyard and saw a bear or a wolf attacking your family, would you let it live because it's nature? Get off that 50 foot horse.

10. thebwit

thebwit Guest

There is a HUGE difference between killing a bear in your backyard vs going up into a helicopter and hunting a bear.

11. sabreclaww

sabreclaww jui jitsoooos

Harlem husta' - I wont even qoute this junk to reproduce such nonsense. (mean spirited nonsense at that)
    I'll give you this....i dont expect a 'HARLEM huster' to understand the delicate balance of preditor and prey outside the concrete jungle. what do you know about ecosystems in alaska ?? predator control program.[ ya musta missed that one G. Pickin off wolves methodically because they are decimating OTHER SPECIES of animals because they HAVENT BEEN HUNTED ENOUGH is not something this woman reveled in....
    Im sure she never rolled around on their carcasses laughing.

and this: This Bitch is a blood thirsty Hypocrite. She doesn't give a fuck about Animals, obviously her gun ownership is more about satisfying her thirst for innocent blood and not for her protection. No wonder McCain chose her because she's probably more of a war mongerer than he is. How can this legal serial killer be so accepting of killing animals and care about killing Arabs or Americans for that matter? Hell, her own son is in Iraq, just maybe this bitch is warped
    In my eyes you have just lost all credibility when it comes to this topic. Your doing exactly what liberals always get blamed for doing. Your firing off random shite out of emotions and not logic.

and the main thing....in your harlem huster mind, are people and animals equal????? Is that really what you think? The title indicates that that is how you feel. If so....I will say that I feel you are sick.

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

I'd think her son being in Iraq would be an honorable thing. Isn't the liberal argument that the conservative devil would never allow their children to go to war?

13. Harlem Hustler

Like thebwit said, there is a difference between protecting your family and killing animals in their natural habitat.

I think there are better ways to deal with population control other than killing as many as possible. Why couldn't they just capture as many as they needed and relocate them. Wolves have been hunted damn near to extinction here in the US and there is a overpopulation of Deer. Couldn't they just bring more of them to some untouched parts of north America, national parks, and many even Zoos?

IMO there is no purpose for sport hunting. It's just the killing of inocent animals for trophies and to be honest, it's not even a fair chance for the animal. Try going out there with no binoculars or technology to make it easier, bring a spear, knife, and Bow and Arrow, and see how successfull they would be.

14. Noob

Noob www.myspace.com/mmaspot

Agreed.

From what I've read and understand, I don't think there is much debate about polar bears being in a pinch ecologically. They're not going to go extinct tomorrow, but the outlook isn't overly bright for them either.

As with any other animal, if it looks like they're in trouble then back off a bit. Give them some natural habitat and let them be. Plus, they're so damned cute in those Coke commercials, let's not squander that.

15. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Yeah it's like a Christmas tradition to see those coke commercials. And yes I said Christmas, because it is Coca Cola who is responsible for the version of Santa Clause we have.

16. FrankieButNotEdgar

Again I ask you, how can you be for abortion and against sport hunting? Are you trying to tell me that a predator's life is worth more than that of a baby?

Wolves are vicious predators and overly populated in the Alaskan Tundra. That is their natural habitat. You can't just capture them and move them. It takes time, money, resources, and risk to perform that type of job. This isn't the first time hunters have been allowed to hunt animals who are growing beyond control. Once the numbers are evened out a bit, the government forces them to back off.

Let me ask you a question? When you shop for shoes, do you insist on shoes not made from animal materials? Are you a vegetarian? If you can't answer yes to both of those questions, then you are a hypocirte.

17. Krazikarl

Krazikarl Cthulhu fhtagn

Let me first off say that trying to use abortion and hunting in the same argument is just a failure. The argument just isnt going to work since most people agree that killing animals is OK in most situations, while the situations in which you can kill humans is much different (and the primary question in abortion is a definition of what a human being is).

If you want to make just the environmental argument, thats fine. I agree that her positions on environmentalism are absurd. As people have already pointed out, polar bears are in a real tough spot and could very well go extinct in the wild within our lifetimes (according to many projections), so hunting them is probably not a wise move.

Wolves are in no way vicious. Vicious is defined as being grossly immoral, evil, spiteful or cruel. Wolves are none of those things. They eat meat, so yes, they kill animals. But they dont kill for fun, they dont hurt humans, and they are generally intelligent and caring.

Wolves are also not overpopulated.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=travel&res=9F0CE7DF103BF93AA25752C0A965958260

In fact, people who want hunting of wolves dont even bother to argue that wolves are overpopulated:

I think that hunting is a great thing and am all for it. But you cant kill off a species or substantially endanger it so that you can hunt another species that isnt even overpopulated. Thats wrong.

There are something like 10,000 wolves in Alaska according to state wildlife officials. 10,000 wolves spread out over 650,000 square miles of mostly uninhabited land is not overpopulated (and pretty much every wildlife authority agrees).

18. FrankieButNotEdgar

Would you want to come face to face with a wolf without a weapon?

They're just like wild dogs, they have the instinct to hunt and kill for food.

They will tear you apart and think nothing of it.

I have no problem with hunting deer, wolves, rabbits, elk, squirrels, doves, racoons, ducks or anything else. Man has been hunting since the beginning. Wild game is the freshest meat you can find, none of the "extras" that get thrown in before heading to the supermarket. Venison steaks are as good as you can find in any market.

19. Krazikarl

Krazikarl Cthulhu fhtagn

Wow, you are UNBELIEVABLY ignorant when it comes to wolves.

First off, I live up north (northern Minnesota). I have come face to face with timber wolf packs twice. I was alone and not carrying a weapon in either case. The wolves saw me and ran away. I thought it was awesome and was at no point afraid.

As this article says, there has been ONE DOCUMENTED CASE EVER of a healthy wolf killing a human in the wild in North America:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2007/11/01/wolf-verdict.html

There are no documented cases of a healthy wolf killing a human in the wild in the US.

Wolves do not harm people in general. Yes, if you attack a wolf pup or something they will defend their young. But in general, wolves go out of their way to avoid humans and will always run given any option (unless they are rabid or something).

Wolves dont act like wild dogs at all. Their instincts are completely different. Thats like saying that sharks and goldfish are basically the same thing. They arent - they are completely different beasts.

Wikipedia for further support:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_wolf_attacks

So yes, I would very much like to encounter wolves in the wild without a weapon. Its an amazing sight and more or less compeltely safe.

20. FrankieButNotEdgar

I stand corrected. I personally would be afraid of wolves.

However, I'm not afraid of squirrels or rabbits but I don't have a problem with them being hunted.