1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Rumor - Nate Diaz vs Tyron Woodley title fight being discussed for UFC 219

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Nov 14, 2017.

1. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Active Member

Makes sense. Nothing says "legend" like challenging a guy outside the top 3 of the weight class beneath yours. ''

Every interview Tyron does makes me dislike him more.

kanobro, chuckthechamp, Palma and 2 others like this.
  2. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

but he's the most likeable Lannister!!

3. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

What about Joffrey? He was by far the most likeable Lannister!

Trodden likes this.
  4. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

was?

damn man! Im not caught up! spoiler tag that shit!

Im really hoping Ned Stark takes the Iron Throne

5. Miz

Miz Badlands

Man I'd love to see Nate vs TFerg. Is Nick still suspended? A 209 card would be bitchin.

6. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Nate Diaz vs Tyron Woodley title fight being discussed for UFC 219

--- Post Added -- Nov 15, 2017, ---
    Man, I'm all for watching exciting fighters fight. But to have a guy who isn't ranked in a division, and who lost his last fight in that division, move up and fight for the title. I understand that Woodley is stuck for the moment while things clear out but this doesn't seem to me the best course of action.

7. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

If Nate found a way to beat Woodley, the inevitable Diaz/McGregor III bout would be the biggest MMA fight ever and would be pretty hard to beat.

singinkangaroooo likes this.
  8. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

I would absolutely hate it if that happened, but there's no denying it would be really easy to sell. Could end up turning into the biggest MMA PPV of all time.

9. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Why hate it. It's one of the biggest rivalries in the past 10 years and would have the potential to see a 3 weight champ crowned. That's history.

10. KevoIsAPoopyHead

KevoIsAPoopyHead SMOKE BOMB!

The UFC would love this fight, and they will sacrifice as many virgin goats as needed to have Nate win. Then you'd get several combinations of GSP/Nate/Conor. MW, WW, and LW champs all fighting each other. That's that Anderson Silva money right there, playboy

[​IMG]

singinkangaroooo likes this.
  11. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

How bow dah.

Nate Diaz the needle mover.

12. KevoIsAPoopyHead

KevoIsAPoopyHead SMOKE BOMB!

Well he ain't moved anything yet haha. But I'm very curious what a Woodley/Diaz ppv would draw

13. Sakara=Excitement

Could? The #1 and #3 top selling PPV's of all time are Conor vs Nate II and Conor vs Nate I. Conor holds 4 of the top 5 spots of highest selling PPV's of all time. Conor vs Nate III will no doubt be the #1 PPV of all time. If you sprinkle in a title or two, it will do 2 million buys easy.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 15, 2017, ---
    To be fair and objective, the only needle he's ever moved as had Conor attached to the other end of it. Matching him up with Woodley, who isn't the biggest draw himself, will definitely tell the popularity Nate now has and how that translates to PPV buys. I think honestly that Nate can pull 500k himself. So a Woodley/Nate title fight WHICH IS COMPLETELY UNDESERVED, would do roughly 700k. But we'll see.

14. chuckthechamp

Imagine Nate beats Woodley, Conor fights Nate for WW title in the Summer and winner gets GSP for WW title end of Next year

Biggest mma PPV ever!!!

15. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

what kind of joke is this, nate doesn't deserve a title shot at lw let alone ww

16. Sakara=Excitement

You answered your own statement. Its a joke. Titles aren't earned anymore by being a contender. Its earned by being someone people want to watch fight. Look at all of Bispings title fights. Look at even the notion that a not even top 20 ranked fighter can get a title shot because he may sell ppvs and may set up a fight down the road.

With Conor being pulled and not fighting, it protects him and his value by having him fight possibly Nate if Nate wins. Its all bullshit.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  17. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Active Member

Is that a typo...do they mean Nick? Nate will get destroyed. What is Nate's top 170 ranking ever? Has he ever been in the top 15? What is he, 2-2 at WW (3-3 if you count the Connor fights)?

18. Sakara=Excitement

Tyron Woodley: 'If Nate [Diaz] wants to go UFC 219, I'm ready'

If Woodley is talking about money fights? Okay I get that. If he's talking a legacy fight, get all the way out of here, go around the corner, and jump off a cliff with that nonsense. Beating Nate does zero for his legacy.

19. chuckthechamp

Can we switch Nick for Nate and watch Nick beat this clowns ass?

kanobro, Tapout and Qball1974 like this.
  20. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

Literally anyone in the top 10 would make more sense than this. I really hope it's BS.

Qball1974 likes this.