Ronda Rousey, Tina Fey to star in 'Do Nothing Bitches' movie

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by ATJ-Lucko, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Survival Pool Champion

It looks like Ronda Rousey may have secured her highest-profile acting role yet.According to Variety (via Access Hollywood), the former UFC women's bantamweight champion will co-star with SNL alum Tina Fey in a movie called Do Nothing Bitches.

Universal Pictures has acquired the rights to the film. According to the article, the "story follows wealthy pampered wives who get a rude awakening at a camp where Rousey plays the no-nonsense instructor."

Rousey, who has already had parts in movies like Furious 7 and Expendables 3, and will star in two more movies set to film this year - a remake of Road House, and Mile 22 (which has supposedly seen her role cut back in recent days).

In addition to SNL, Fey's resume includes 30 Rock, Date Night, and Sisters. Sisters was written by the same person, Paula Pell, who pitched this movie to Universal.

Rousey coined the term 'Do Nothing Bitch' in a Tweet to Cris Cyborg last year. She also sold a bunch of t-shirts with the phrase on them.

It's unclear how this would jive with Ronda's MMA career. It was expected that she would return to the cage at UFC 200, but UFC president Dana White recently put that on ice. Rousey last fought at UFC 193, where she was knocked out by Holly Holm.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/1...-tiny-fey-to-star-in-do-nothing-bitches-movie

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  2. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Ronda never fights again. I didn't think she would retire without at least getting a rematch but I'm starting to think she's done for good.

ATJ-Lucko and orion_damage like this.
  3. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

4. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I think she should fight or make movies. Pick one. I selfishly would like to see her fight a few more times. The movies she is in don't appeal to me.

Cat--Smasher and MIZjitzZOU like this.
  5. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

This is stupid.

Giblert=Excitement and kanobro like this.
  6. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Oh my God, who would watch that crap?

chuckthechamp likes this.
  7. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

30 Rock fans.

Dimson likes this.
  8. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Tina Fey is awesome.

I liked this movie better when Ben Stiller ran the camp.

How much would Rousey get paid for a role like that?

9. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

What crap? There isn't even a script. How do you know what is crap if you don't even know the basics of it?

And Tina Fey is awesome.

10. nbm02ss

nbm02ss Well-Known Member

She already needed a good deal of time off to work on her stand up, at least to the point where she could close the gap without getting slugged in the face so much, but now that she's shooting 3 movies I don't think she'll ever have sufficient stand up if she rematches Holly her first fight back.

11. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

She will make more money in movies than she will getting her head punched in. Good for her.

Kevo and Princess Bananahammock like this.
  12. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Oh please, do you seriously expect something from a movie called ¨Do Nothing bitches¨?
    Tina Fey may be awesome, but Ronda Rousey? She is not even a professional actress. I understand that today any Top WWE entertainer can suddenly become a UFC fighter, just like any Top UFC fighter or WWE entertainer can become a Hollywood actor though.

I expect this movie to be as ¨good¨ as the likes of The Marine or Love the Coopers.

chuckthechamp likes this.
  13. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Rousey will evolve and get better as an actress and she's actually perfect for the role in this. She's playing a hard ass fitness instructor. She has that nailed already. I can't think of anything that Tina Fey has done that wasn't good.

Rousey was good in "Entourage," as well. She will be fine. It will be good.

14. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Even if her acting is fine, seriously someone will be interested in watching a movie like this?

In Mexico movies like this are shown in buses or airplanes when you have absolutely nothing to do and you will accept almost anything just to kill time.

15. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

A movie like what? A comedy?

Read the small synopsis in the article and Rousey won't be the star in this.

She hosts SNL very soon so we'll get a good idea of her comedic timing.

Rise likes this.
  16. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

This isn't Mexico. In America, we have a sense of humor and Tina Fey is one of the best female comedians in the business. Her movies to this point are good and hasn't made a lemon yet. She's very well respected and if she's on board, it most likely will be good.

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  17. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Tina Fey did a great Sarah Palin.

There is alot more clips. I just looked for a short one. Just like my attention span.

Giblert=Excitement likes this.
  18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Whatever guys Paula says the movie is going to suck so it's going to suck and if you don't agree you're a kid troll and insert cool story bro meme.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 15, 2016, ---
    It auto corrected Pashak to Paula and I'm not changing it.

19. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I remember when a wrestler named the rock went to Hollywood and people said he should go back to wrestling. Now he is he one of hollywoods biggest stars. Not saying Ronda will but damn dude stop being so fucking negative.

MacEwen and Giblert=Excitement like this.
  20. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Her acting makes Gina Carano look like an Oscar winner.

Sniggles and Kevo like this.