Ronda Rousey admits she never learned to lose: 'I did a whole lot of crying' after UFC defeats

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Ronda Rousey admits she never learned to lose: 'I did a whole lot of crying' after UFC defeats

2. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

it wasn't losing she needed to learn how to do, it's boxing she needed to learn

and she had that lesson before in Judo accoring to her old coach, soon as she lost she quit.

3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

4. thumper

and actually, this was her second biggest problem

--- Post Added -- Apr 26, 2018, ---
    i couldn't let it go. it was too easy. Shit dude, every other champion has lost Want to learn how to lose? watch Dominic Cruz.

it wasn't only winning that made the great ones great. it was losing then coming back better and winning again

chuckthechamp and Trodden like this.
  5. Trodden

no one likes shitting on Ronda more than me, but should 'news' of Ronda be in the WWE thread?

Ronda should have stuck to straight to DVD movies

when does her flick with Seagal come out?

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  6. thumper

how about that 'roadhouse' movie they're still making (last report)? lol
    Also, to me it wasn't that ronda was a sore loser, she was a terrible winner. she's rude, obnoxious and just basically unpleasant. when she crashed and burned it made it even easier to dislike her

7. Trodden

its been retooled

its now called 'Road to the poor House'

I never did understand why she was so cocky, besides the people around her kissing her ass

but you would think being an Olympic caliber athlete she would understand if you werent getting better you were getting worse (relatively speaking)

how could she not have seen her opponents were going to try and capitalize on any holes she has

(giggity)

Malevolence and thumper like this.
  8. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Her next movie is coming out with Mark Walhberg. Not quite straight to DVD

Trodden and thumper like this.
  9. thumper

I would lay that on head mooment. he had her fooled into thinking she could box. when the reality is she would just get in close and throw. soon as two strong girls figured out how to stop that it was all over.

Trodden likes this.
  10. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

All she really needed was a proper camp and ironically some wrestling. She never needed to be a stand up fighter and her insistence on proving that she could trade with more experienced and more well-rounded strikers isn't going to elicit sympathy from fans.

Ronda's ground game is still superior to the talent pool today but all that's moot if you don't control where the fight takes place, or worse, insist that the fight stay standing so you can live up to the narrative. She put her trust in people that had their best interest in mind, not hers. She didn't grow as a fighter in her last few bouts she regressed and became predictable and more 2-dimensional.

She doesn't deserve all the criticism she's taken but she also never deserved all the accolades either. She was spun into a mythical figure and the fall is inconceivable from that height. That wasn't all her doing even if she enjoyed many opportunities and rewards because of it. Given the choice I'd love to know what she'd be willing to part with knowing how it ended.

I'd like to see her return with a proper camp. Maybe an improved attitude toward winning and losing as well. I don't think the attitude and disrespect was why she was so successful, she was simply more skilled than her opposition. When pressed, she buckled. That's a where a bully's mentality is a weakness not a strength. Letting that go and competing for the sake of competition, I think, would let her evolve as a mixed martial artist. But that takes sufficient emotional growth and maturity. And she'll forever be under a microscope no matter what she does.

Malevolence, Qball1974 and thumper like this.
  11. thumper

this is the dude that made 'the happening' ' the big hit' and more awful movies. that doesn't bode well in the grand scheme of things
    i'd agree with this, though it's not like a couple months would have fixed that. had she left edmond back in the day she'd might still be in it.

Trodden and Ninjastix like this.
  12. Trodden

she's in the next Transformers?

hopefully she'll transform into someone who can throw a jab

Cat--Smasher and chuckthechamp like this.
  13. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

The Big Hit is one of his first roles and The Happening was an M. Knight Shamalan movie that was made before everyone realized dude had lost his touch. Wahlberg is one of the biggest movie stars in the world now. You can't shit on Ronda by saying she's doing a movie with Wahlberg as if that's a bad thing.

14. strife

strife I

I'd argue she never had to learn striking at all. Her issue was being groomed and brainwashed by a fraud. Read something earlier today about Karo Parisyan being the first person to call out her move to Edmond's/Glendale and how it would be the demise of her career and everyone thought he was just being his usual asshole, shittalking, weirdo self. Turns out that mofo was right. We also have demonstrable proof which coincides with Travis Browne's move there as well.

15. thumper

i was just joking, he's made some real stinkers, but you're right, he's an A-Lister
    She listened to her mom her whole life and was the first woman to ever medal in judo in the olympics. but apparently she was rough as hell so i'm guessing ronda got pretty defiant and that's why she ignored her mom when she said she had to leave edmond. MAn she was so right about that guy tho.

if ronda had a good camp I firmly believe she could have developed into the champion she had. but she was never going to be the ridiculouws superhero she was hyped to be.

Saying she could beat floyd mayweather lol and cain 'under the right circumstances'

the problem IMO is she bought into the hype.

Trodden likes this.
  16. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Ronda has a ridiculous work ethic, and with a bad camp she still managed greatness, with the right camp the sky would have been the limits for that girl but we'll never know.

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  17. Trodden

Ronda had talent, but she was a one trick pony in MMA

18. strife

strife I

No doubt, but she didn't need to be anything else. Even the match-ups she stalled and got knocked out in we can make a pretty good case and point to Edmond, because with the right approach everyone and their mother knows she can strangle Holly if Meisha could. Nunes on the other hand is a bad match-up, but I still believe she could maintain top control vs Nunes and grind her down.

Qball1974, thumper and Trodden like this.
  19. Trodden

maybe if tables and ladders were involved

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  20. thumper

Seemed to me she just didn't expect holly to be able to stop her takedowns except the first one. Holly was able to avoid that overhook armlock and got back up. once she got up she made it clear she was ready. her hips were always in the right spot and Ronda never got her down again.

at least that's how I remember it.

Trodden likes this.