1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Rizin FF 9 features Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Ian McCall headliner

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Rizin FF 9 features Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Ian McCall headliner

2. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Well RIP Ian McCall.

3. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

I thiink Ian is likely going to lose to decision here. Horiguchi hasn't lost in 2 years and that loss was to DJ which is pretty much as acceptable as they come. if you scratch that loss, it's been 6 years since he was beaten.

Ian McCall on the other hand, is 2-4-1 in that same time and the '1' is from a draw with DJ

The truth is i don't know how tough Horiguchi's opponents have been, but that's a mighty big spread

Jesus, Horiguchi fought 5 times in 2017 lol. course 3 were in two days at the gran prix

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Uncle Creepy fell off hard.

5. Noise

Noise Ruido

Wouldn't count Ian out completely; had a bunch of tough breaks. Hope he comes in healthy; looking forward to this one.

6. thumper

I don't remember him fighting DJ, which isn't hard to believe since my memory is toast, but he took him to a draw. so clearly he has his moments

Noise likes this.
  7. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

He lost the first two rounds but managed to get DJ down, get his back and beat the shit out of DJ to end the fight. DJ was likely saved by the bell

8. thumper

I always liked Ian. there was something he was doing on social media that bugged me, but everything bugs me. I just wonder what's really going on.

When he was in the UFC he did an interview saying he was sure he had brain issues. That he was done fighting. Then a while later I hear he's signed at Rizin.

it sucks that these guys think they might already have brain damage then have to fight because they're broke.

I guess i shouldn't feel bad, they chose that life, but when you like the guy that it happens to it bums you out. well me at least

Noise, Poindexter and Hillbilly like this.