Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Miz, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

@Poindexter thanks for the song. Ended up being poison ivy, I guess, as a few more spots popped up.

I’m feeling much better. Still some nausea, foggy thoughts, and stomach problems, but no more blurred vision or eye pressure. I’m not sleeping good, but that could be worse. I’m already down 10-12 pounds. Now I just need to start exercising. I was a little concerned a few days ago, about side effects, but I’m feeling more and more normal. I haven’t been eating much, I guess b/c of my stomach.
    If anyone is ever wanting to get off psych meds: please get your doctor’s advice and help! That shit sucked big time and I was legitimately worried for awhile.

Qball1974 and Dimson like this.
  2. Monsterman

Monsterman Member

Just noticed this thread a couple of days ago and read it trough. A lot of relatable experiences.

I started drinking at 15 and it got out of hand straight from the beginning. I would always get blackout drunk and already in the 9th grade i might just start drinking at 8 am instead of going to school. I managed to stay sober for a year when i was around 20 and for a few weeks every now and then but every time i would have a drink I couldn´t stop before passing out and the more i tried to fight it the more out of hand my life would get. Tried to kill myself at 23, after that I moved out of my home village to get rid of my old friends and at 24 finally managed to get sober.

Then after being completely sober for 4 years i got prescribed antidepressants that caused me to get manic. I quit my job, moved back to my home village and started drinking and doing all kind of drugs like never before. Pretty similar to Fear and loathing in Las Vegas at times. At worst we might do subutex, benzos, speed, acid, extacy, weed and alcohol on the same day. After getting of the antidepressants I managed to get sober again for a few months but all my social connections were with people who were doing drugs and little by little I got back to doing them as well. Then I had a really bad LSA trip that pretty much caused me to loose my mind and a couple of months after that I tried to kill myself again. After my second suicide attempt i was finally ready to face my demons and just gradually gave up all drugs and alcohol while going to therapy. Even stopped drinking coffee for 2 years b/c i wanted to try how it would feel to be free of absolutely everything. I know i´m still socially awkward and not necessarily all there but I´m getting more and more in balance and I can actually have a drink every once in a while without getting the urge to get drunk or drink everyday.

Unfortunately I can´t seem to be able to do the same with weed. I had been basicly sober for the last 4 years but started smoking a little bit over a month ago and have been doing it pretty much all day everyday since. It hasn´t caused me any problems and i´ve been happy to notice that even though the weed got completely out of hand i still don´t have interest to do any other drugs. But reading this thread really reminded me how much more i enjoy life while sober instead of being high all the time and at least for the time being I decided to give up weed again.

So thank you all for sharing and all the best for you all.

Dimson, Qball1974, Poindexter and 2 others like this.
  3. Miz

Thanks for sharing @Monsterman !

I’m finally feeling “normal” after getting off that one medicine. That was really stupid of me to do on my own. I’m still not sleeping great, but my stomach feels much better and I’m not dizzy. My brain doesn’t feel as foggy either. I’m down about 15 pounds and haven’t really been exercising, so I know if I start that will get even better.

Hope everyone is well.

Qball1974 and disposableassassin like this.
  4. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Grats on the last 4yrs.

Now that weed is legal here I've basically done cannabis oil everyday since. I'm trying to replace beer with weed as much as possible, unfortunately I combined the two a few months ago and it makes for an enjoyable evening.

I've made a few other lifestyle chances such as making healthier choices for meals and snacks, I've lost about 20lbs which is freaking me out a bit because I wouldn't think I'd loose that much without working out.

The downside is I had microscopic blood in my urine my last yearly check up and my Crohn's has been acting up the last few weeks, so we shall see.

Miz likes this.
  5. Monsterman

Monsterman Member

Thanks.

The last time I got sober I also stopped eating sugar for a year and lost 33lbs. It has gradually all come back but for some reason my face still looks much thinner than it used to. I also lost that without working out or actually trying to loose weight, just avoiding the sugar as much I could. I have IBS and it reacts to all kind of changes in diet. Don´t know much about Crohn´s but hopefully it all turns out fine.

Weed will probably not be legalized in here for at least a decade but a good friend of mine is a grower and I get all I can smoke for free, which is nice if you wanna smoke and quite big temptation if you don´t.

Qball1974 and Miz like this.
  6. Miz

Do you live in Sweden? I forget where you live.

Qball1974 likes this.
  7. Monsterman

Monsterman Member

I live in Finland.

disposableassassin and Miz like this.
  8. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

I used to be addicted to soap.

I'm clean now.

Kano, Dimson and Miz like this.