1. Having nothing to struggle against, they have nothing to struggle for. "UFC on ESPN 1: Velasquez vs NGannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
    Dismiss Notice

Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Miz, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Downloaded a free app called insight timer. It has meditations you can do. My doc suggested it. Thought it could be another tool in the shed.

Dimson likes this.
  2. Miz

Been writing down my goals for the next day at night. Then the next night I check off the things I did. As long as I check off that I didn’t drink then my day was a success.

I’m really tired of being mediocre at best and a waste of space at worst. Been meditating, started running, playing brain games, and still reading. I’m almost 40. It’s time I really become my best me.

Dimson likes this.
  3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Miz, brother, friend
    You've taken the hardest step. You're on your way. Hang on it's going to be a wild ride.

Miz likes this.
  4. Miz

I am kicking today’s ass. I’ve been spending more of my time meditating and playing brain games and of course reading. Easing back into working out as well. This writing down stuff at night and checking it the following night is awesome. I haven’t been viewing inappropriate sites and I feel so much better. This place is a sort of addiction for me so I’m going to try to make it more positive and limit time. I don’t have to read everything. PM me or tag me if you want me to see something.

@Dimson i downloaded AA Website called my tool kit. It tells me to the second (edit: just to the hour) how long I’ve been sober. It also gives the daily reflection.

Take care my friends!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Kano, Qball1974 and Dimson like this.
  5. Miz

My timer says 2 weeks or 342 hours.

On one of the meditations, on the free insight timer app, the dude said to breathe in (focus on that) and smile while you breathe out. I’ll be damned if that doesn’t sound corny but it feels good. Hope every one is well. I’m trapped in with the family due to an ice storm. My youngest turns 1 on Sunday. They are so fun at this age. Everything is exciting to them.

Dimson, Qball1974 and Kano like this.
  6. Miz

I wonder what this means: last night as I lay awake in bed I wondered: “what the hell is George Thorogood up to? Is he still alive? Does he still make music?” Then this morning I’m 2 miles away from my AA meeting when I change the channel and “I drink alone” comes on. Like right as I turned the channel and ended right as I got to my destination. What was the cosmos telling me? Still sober and going to stay that way today.
    Had to cancel my son’s 1 year old birthday party tomorrow due to bad weather. He won’t care and he’ll get cake since we got it.

7. Miz

My goodness has my anxiety been out of control. I am doing every thing I can to get it under control. Im taking care of myself, lightly working out, meditating, reading, taking some medications, everything. It’s been like this for a month. Now that I’m not teaching I thought this problem would not be here but it is. I think I’m on the downhill slope. Hopefully it relents soon. If you’ve never had a bad anxiety problem then you’re lucky. I’m not drinking. I know that is drinking is just a temporary solution to a long term problem. It’s funny cause yesterday I thought I was not nearly as anxiety ridden, but today it’s back. Taking a few moments to vent while my little guy naps. I’m a lucky guy and I have to remember to be grateful for the things I have. I beat myself up for past mistakes. I need to remember to live in the present.
    Going to take my little man to little swimmers in a few hours. Just had to vent. Hope all you guys are well.

Kano, Qball1974 and Dimson like this.