Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Miz, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Do you need my address?

2. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

That DMT sounds awesome but terrifying at the same time. I watched that video Triangle posted when I asked him about it. I want to do it someday but I’d have to get some courage or peer pressure. Only thing I’ve done recently is shrooms. I can barely handle that anymore. I used to not be scared but now I got kids and just can’t imagine any acid right now. I injest a low amount of canabutter most days.
    Just glad I’m not drinking.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 24, 2018, ---
    You my friend are someone I could trip with. Go on a hike and shit.

Kano and Poindexter like this.
  3. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Bury it or it's not eco friendly.

4. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

My most recent experiences were solo, but yes, I've consumed it around other people many times. Having people around is ideal just to make sure you don't drop the pipe/burn yourself/etc.

I generally consume 70mg or more for a breakthrough experience.

Miz and Poindexter like this.
  5. Miz

Driving today and listened to two npr stories about using psychedelics to help medical conditions such as depression and addiction. Real interesting stuff.

6. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Still going strong. Sorta. Not drinking but I do think about it a lot. Mostly like cravings or longing for a specific type of alcohol but nothing strong enough to drink. Thankfully. I do wish I could drink sometimes but I know one I start, there is no stopping until I go back to rehab.

7. Kano

stay strong Dimson. most important battle you have right now.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. Miz

I’m with ya. I wish I could drink too but once I start I go on months long benders. I feel so much better when I don’t drink. I always have to remember that. Plus I save about a hundred dollars a week. Buy yourself or your kids something with some of that money you’re saving. That’s what I do.

You still doing Bjj Dimson? What’s your diet like? I’ve been eating super healthy and don’t even feel like drinking right now.

You’ve go well over a year of sobriety, right? I’ve never done that. You’re bad ass!

Qball1974 likes this.
  9. Dimson

I haven't been doing BJJ due to coaching football. It has been over a year and I haven't had even a sip of an alcoholic beverage. My diet is terrible. It has always been a struggle since my metabolism went to almost nothing. My money saved goes to paying for my truck, lol. Oh and the new g/f.

disposableassassin and Miz like this.
  10. Kano

a woman is an expensive thing to own.

disposableassassin and Dimson like this.
  11. Dimson

Thankfully she isn't a high maintenance kind of girl.

12. Miz

Not that I have good advice but work on the diet. I think it makes you feel like not drinking or eating shitty food. It’s hard but if you can not drink for over a year then you can definitely do it.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 28, 2018, ---
    Unless your woman has a great job and you’re her man candy.

Dimson likes this.
  13. Kano

I don't qualify as man candy.

Miz likes this.
  14. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

He said you're not handy ya old coot.

15. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Your bender only costs $100/week? Weak.

16. Kano

$100 / Windsor $9.99 a liter = 10 liter of Windsor.

17. Miz

Feeling really good. Eating well and exercising. Amazing how little stress I have since I’m not working. This stay at home dad gig is awesome. Cut back on a medicine that helps with anxiety and depression but I think decreased my motivation and made me gain weight. About three more days of tapering off and I’ll be done. Still taking my mood stabilizer which I feel like I need and I don’t think it has negative effects. Not drinking which is good. I freeze grapes and then eat some at night. I feel it helps with cravings. Hope you guys are doing well.

Kano, Poindexter, Qball1974 and 2 others like this.
  18. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I think I'm getting a job offer soon. It's not the job I want (they rejected me) but the money should be good, so I probably can't say "no." So I'm off weed as I prep for drug tests (part of the hiring process but don't think I'll ever have a random after) and it sucks. But I forgot what a happy drunk I am!

I don't like drinking but I like being intoxicated. So it's going to be a weird ride for (hopefully) the next two weeks. Fuck I want to get high.

EDIT: I forgot the reason that I pulled up this thread: I love you silly bastards. Especially the people in this thread. Thanks to all of you for being part of this. Sometimes I feel weird arguing on the internet but people like you all make it cool. Also, I swear to god that if you don't all declare Martin Kampmann the greatest fighter ever, I WILL BURN THIS FORUM DOWN!

Miz likes this.
  19. Dimson

Still sober. Still want to drink at times. I wish there was a natural way to duplicate the feeling of being buzzed/ drunk. Oh well, lol.

20. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

You could smoke weed. It's natural.

Miz likes this.