Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Miz, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Still sober. Sometimes I wish I could drink. I really do. But I know if I do, I won't stop. The goal is to die sober.

2. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 3 Site Donor

My goal is to die

Dimson likes this.
  3. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Pretty sure you are going to achieve that goal!

disposableassassin likes this.
  4. disposableassassin

I feel that if I gave it my all I'd be pretty good at it.

5. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Chewy with a tobacco aftertaste. 8/10, would eat again.

6. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I hope to become a vampire and never die. I’d let Tom Cruise bite my wrist.

7. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Later then sooner me hopes :)

8. Miz

Day four of eating whole 30. It’s good because you can’t have booze. Weighed 192.4 on Monday and 187 today. I’d like to get down to 175. I have to start working out again. I just don’t have a great deal of motivation. I see my pdoc next week and I need to talk about medicine. Maybe we could cut back. Probably need to get my test checked. I’m now staying home with my 6 month old which is great. I was worried that when school started I would get depressed. It’s the first school year in twelve years that I haven’t been involved in. I’m feeling pretty good and even meditated some yesterday.

Hope all you guys are well.

9. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Glad you're feeling well, my friend. I have to get back into it too, going to start by returning to weight training and a lot of flexibility work before I get into anything else.

I'm taking today off for chores, use case work, etc. Tomorrow I"m back at it, so you should go in too.

disposableassassin and Miz like this.
  10. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

It's been a bit of a struggle lately--just my usual overthinking things in both my professional and personal life, lots of self-loathing, etc. Still not using dope or coke, but the thought is always there. I hope everyone's doing well and staying strong.

11. disposableassassin

My life is utter shit. I've done well to stay away from things so far. My depression is kicking back up pretty hard right though. It has been a struggle to maintain any kind of positive mindset.

Poindexter and TriangleSmoke like this.
  12. Miz

I feel good. I’ve had my ups and downs with sobriety. Sober now and I feel good. I love not being hungover in the morning and being able to be the best father I can be. Now that I’m staying home with my youngest I have very little stress. If I could give one piece of advice it would be to find a good woman with a good job and be her man candy.

Stay strong buddy.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 23, 2018, ---
    @TriangleSmoke you doing any jiu-jitsu? I’ve got to get back into it.

Dimson and TriangleSmoke like this.
  13. TriangleSmoke

Yea I roll a few days a week but need to be in there every day. I'm up and in the weight room by 3:30am every morning during the week and try to get to at least 2 bjj classes a week and at least 1 open mat a week. I need to go to classes and open mats daily. I also don't get enough sleep so that makes training all the more difficult task.

Miz likes this.
  14. Miz

How old are you? What do you do to get the motivation to lift every morning? I’m trying to get that motivation back. I used to have it. I’m getting older but I think changing my diet is helping. Road my bike and walked today but I just haven’t felt like “going hard”. I used to love to lift and push it. Might be my meds I take as well? I guess it’s a trade off.

15. TriangleSmoke

I'll be 32 in November.

The weightlifting and exercise beyond bjj started because I just wanted to look better. I then started feeling much better and noticing significant gains which is always exciting because it's gives you that slight sense of accomplishment. Now I feel anxious if I go more than 2 consecutive days without a workout.

Miz likes this.
  16. Miz

Why the self-loathing if you don’t mind me asking? I always worry about what I’m not doing and get on myself with things like parenting and what not. I always have to remember I’m doing pretty good. Hell more than most. I can do better and I can strive for it but as of this second I’m doing ok. That’s what I tell myself when I remember to.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 23, 2018, ---
    Not sure if I mentioned this but I’m going to write a book. A fiction book. I actually started already. There I said it. It might be the worst book and story ever but it will be mine. I’m doing it.

Dimson likes this.
  17. TriangleSmoke

It's hard to say? I suppose it's just an inherent emotional instability issue. People say I'm my own worst critic. Whether it's work, bjj, relationships--I always beat myself up over things. My sales manager always tells me to chill the fuck out and that I'm a top performer and to stop sweating bullshit, but I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and get pretty down on myself when things don't necessarily go according to plan. I think it's an emotional/ego issue. That's one reason why I find LSD so productive for me personally because LSD shatters my ego and reminds me of how insignificant I and my perceived "problems" are in the grand scheme of the multiverse.

Dimson, Poindexter and Miz like this.
  18. Miz

I admire your ability to do lsd. It’s been close to twenty years since I was tripping. I didn’t do it a lot but I had some fun and scary times. I’m not sure how I’d function if I took lsd now. You do dmt also, right? I’m not sure I’m brave enough for that.

Don’t beat yourself up. You’re the best you there is.

Kano and Poindexter like this.
  19. TriangleSmoke

LSD is sacrament. LSD under the right circumstances in the proper setting can be very profound.

I haven't used any DMT in a while. I went deep my last time and didn't necessarily get the answers I was looking for, but I definitely got answers and haven't felt the need to go down that rabbit hole again. I'm not saying I won't use it again. I have plenty and presumably will use it again when the time is right, but I haven't feel the inclination to use it since my last trip.

And thanks for the kind words.

Miz likes this.
  20. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Do you do it around other people? How much do you consume?