1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Miz, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

You are old school. No gender reveal party?

Miz and Poindexter like this.
  2. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Congrats Miz. Have you signed him up for Jits lessons yet.

Miz and Poindexter like this.
  3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

[​IMG]

Dimson and Miz like this.
  4. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 3 Site Donor

Trodden likes this.
  5. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Grats!!!!

Miz likes this.
  6. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

7. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I told my wife that I bet in the future people will live stream births on Facebook. Miz is live. Ooh. Shouldn’t have checked that link.

Great thing is now I have to coach at least 10-15 more years of Bjj. That means I need to get serious cause my kids are going to thrash me someday. I’m literally teaching my kids to kick my ass.

Great day to be alive and sober. I feel grateful that I don’t have to take a drink today!

kanobro and Trodden like this.
  8. disposableassassin

A person commits the crime of thirddegree burglary under Alabama law when that person knowingly entered or remained unlawfully in a building with the intent to commit any crime while they are in the building. It is a Class C felony under Alabama law punishable by prison terms ranging from one year to 10 years.

His criminal history is extensive. Multiple arrests for theft. He was on probation. I have no idea what his suspended sentence was but it' going to be bigger now.

9. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I too made the choice not to drink today. It is indeed a great feeling.

Miz, I wish for you and your family great health, happiness and prosperity.

Miz likes this.
  10. JeterLover27

What was the circumstance of this particular incident? Any idea?

11. disposableassassin

Last I had heard he was picked up on theft of property but apparently he was bailed out and went on the run with a stolen debit card. Now it looks like he was involved in several burglaries. All while already on probation for theft.

12. JeterLover27

I bet he gets at least 5 years depending on the ins and outs of the case. Although they could make an example of him at this point and put him in for longer. I’m not sure how liberal your judicial system is.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 10, 2018, ---
    Here a plea would be entered and he would prob do 2.5- 5 assuming he had priors and the probation you are talking about. Then again if this is an ongoing thing he could get far more.

13. disposableassassin

He's also addicted to heroin and when he is found will likely be in possession of some amount.

14. JeterLover27

Does not sound like a great recipe. Hopefully he gets the help he needs and maybe the time in will do that for him. I have helped numerous people with their addiction and have done about 70% of it on my own free time. They stumble a lot but persistence really will get the job done. Not sure why, but to me it’s extremelt fulfilling to help someone in that situation.

15. Miz

How is everyone doing? I am good. No drinking still. I’m off work for two weeks enjoying my new son. It is great. I feel blessed. Working on prayer and meditation. I’m in RCIA. I don’t agree with everything Catholic but I’m keeping an open mind. Can’t hurt anything to work on myself spiritually as well as mentally. I need to try not to be as selfish in my own needs. I also have to practice more patience with my middle child. Random thoughts and I hope everyone is well.

Palma, disposableassassin and Dimson like this.
  16. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I'm having a hard time. Been sick for 5 days now and really want to get a 22 of some good ipa to feel right. My wife is super healthy tho, still not drinking and lifting weights every day. So... I'm gonna not buy that 22.

Qball1974, Miz and Dimson like this.
  17. Dimson

A good support system is key. Having hobbies help. If you can't go to meetings then try and stay busy. With my kids and work and training bjj and mma,I rarely have time to drink. It also helps if you don't put yourself in situations where you would drink. Hard to drink alcohol if you never pick it up.

Miz likes this.
  18. Miz

Some of my toughest times are when I grocery shop. I am just so conditioned to pick up booze while I’m there. Just got to keep reminding myself how much better I am when I don’t drink. I’m much stronger spiritually, mentally, and physically. I’m also more tolerable to my family.
    Plus I save a shit ton of money. Anyone a parks and rec fan? Just treat yourself (as Aziz would say). I treated myself to something I wanted with money I had saved. That felt good.

Qball1974 likes this.
  19. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Thanks, buddy. I'm not really temped by other people. I know the sensation of drinking and I know I can drive to the store and buy some. That's my only struggle.

Miz likes this.
  20. Dimson

Hide your keys, lol. But seriously just stay home if you feel you get that urge. You can't get a drink if you don't drive to the beer store.

Palma and Miz like this.