1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Miz, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

This is why I have problem with intermittent fasting, I can't handle the severe periods of being hungry.

2. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I’m only making it about 12-14 hours right now. I hope to get it to 16 hours soon. Small steps.

3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

this was true for me also, but when I give this spiel, I start it with "this is what worked for me". That puts a positive spin on it.

TriangleSmoke and Dimson like this.
  4. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

there are several types of intermittent fasting, I listed the type that worked for me

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-ways-to-do-intermittent-fasting#section1

thats why I said its SO important to listen to your body, were not all built the same

not all diets, or exercise work for people. the fasting for 12 hours or so may work for some, but there are many types of fasting to work with

@Miz you really gotta try them all to see which one works for you and is sustainable

if you want to lose weight and keep it off you need to change parts of your life, including your relationship with food.

you could lose weight with anyone of the above mentioned techniques, but if its not something your willing to stick to long term (meaning you enjoy it in some way) it wont stick and within a year or two you will get all the weight back and more

losing weight is like kicking drugs, you have to change what you do, when you do it, and who you do it around, but you NEED to replace it or you will go back

thats why its so important to find a system of diet and exercise you enjoy. if you hate doing it youll find excuses over time

thats why you should try several types of fasting, IMO and experience

disposableassassin likes this.
  5. Palma

Palma I am chaos

There's a 5:2 diet, where there are two days of fasting in a week, but there is a specific daily restriction of fasting that most certainly is the "Intermittent fasting."

So, you're wrong, Mother fucker.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 30, 2018, ---
    People call it Hangry
    --- Post Added -- Jan 30, 2018, ---
    It's important to be positive to someone doing well, imo.

Shame and being critical of one's self are two good causes to relapse.

kanobro and Miz like this.
  6. Trodden

I said there was several types of fasting, and I listed them

so youre saying Im wrong is wrong father blower

7. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

and @Miz I was very emotional and frustrated last night, and it clearly came out in this thread. I got bad news about my kid stepsister who has a serious drug problem, so emotions were running really high for me last night. I meant everything I said, but the delivery wasn't appropriate. I'm sorry.

8. Miz

I got love for all you guys!

And thanks and no worries @TriangleSmoke . I actually kind of enjoy when you go “all in” on a posters ass. I typically enjoy it more when it’s not me but I did enjoy it nonetheless!

Dimson, Palma and Trodden like this.
  9. Trodden

keep trying different things, youll find what works for you

Miz likes this.
  10. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

What if you are bald naturally and are just friends with the people there? Guess that saying is full of shit eh

Poindexter likes this.
  11. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Wrong

12. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 3 Site Donor

My little brother is a heroin addict and is facing some heavy jail time for theft. He will get the book thrown at him too. This is the fourth time he has been arrested on burglary charges. He was already on probation.

13. Dimson

I am bald but my hair still grows buddy.

Poindexter likes this.
  14. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Ohh getting your bush frosted huh

Palma and Dimson like this.
  15. Trodden

Left

16. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Is going away what he needs? I've seen some addicts come out better.

17. disposableassassin

At this point it's the only option I see left. He is so bad off that he is getting high at family functions and just glazing over in front of everyone including my kids. I haven't had anything to do with him for quite some time. I was one of his burglary charges. He lives at my parents house and steals from them on the regular. Jail is what he deserves whether it helps him or not.

18. Miz

Hopefully some day he can get straight and find some redemption. I can’t imagine having a bad relationship with my two brothers.

I got a kid due in two weeks. I picked a great time to sober up. I want to be present for my kids.

Trodden and Dimson like this.
  19. Dimson

You have to hit your rock bottom before you will get help. Hopefully this is his rock bottom.

disposableassassin likes this.
  20. disposableassassin

The crux of the issue for him is that he has to actually pay for what he has done this time. He keeps getting bailed out and taken in by my parents. They ignore his drug usage completely. They act like it' not happening when it is right in front of their face. They hang up on me when I try to talk to them about it. They are already preparing his defense this time by trying to get him off on a technicality because the neighbors boat that he stole was backed up onto my dad's property. They have been the worst kind of enablers. My parents won't let him hit rock bottom. As a father I get it but as a father whose kids lost their mom to meth I also understand the importance of letting him go so he can maybe get help.

Trodden and Palma like this.