Recommend To Me A PS3 Game

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by RF76, Nov 15, 2008.

1. RF76

RF76 beach bum

I need something a little different. First person shooters are getting old. I beat Call Of Duty 4 & MGS4, MGS4 was awesome!

So what are some good lesser known titles out there?

2. 2mcgrath

2mcgrath The Ace up our sleeve..

i havent played bioshock and it doesnt have multiplayer,but i know its out for the ps3 now and ive always heard it was awesome,so you might want to look into it.ive also heard drakes fortune is awesome for the ps3

3. RF76

RF76 beach bum

I'll check out those titles, thanks......

4. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

There are tons of next generation 3rd person shooters out there that are great.

Any Tom Clancy PS3 game is good. Rainbox Six Vegas 1 and 2 (1st and 3rd person), Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2, etc.

There's also Battlefield: Bad Company which is also a first person shooter with totally destructible enviornments.

Drake's Fortune is available, Burnout: Paradise, any number of things. Hit up your local Gamestop's used games section. If you buy something you don't like, return it.

5. Minion

Minion New Member

Although, it is a first person shooter, I recommend you pick up Resistance 2. It is a huge improvement over the first game, and overall a great experience.

6. Bigshanks

Bigshanks You think you're hard man?

If you havent played The Orange box you totally should. Its mostly FPS but it kicks so much ass. It has Half-Life 2 as well as Episodes 1 and 2 so theres pretty much 3 games in themselves. It also has Portal which is a fuckin amazing game that makes you use your brain. There is also Team Fortress 2 which I never actually played but Ive heard is a kick ass online game.

7. RF76

RF76 beach bum

Thanks for the input fellas.

Are there any games like ACE COMBAT out for ps3?
    I liked ACE COMBAT 4 for ps2 but it seems like the newest version for ps3 is cancelled.

8. Hillary's Vagina

Hillary's Vagina Black Lives Matter

half life is a much better PC game IMO...although i am partial to PC gaming

9. groundgame

groundgame New Member

mirrors edge. that game is crazy. also MGS4, Uncharted drakes fortune,and Battlefield bad company.

10. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Uncharted is amazing

11. Bigshanks

Bigshanks You think you're hard man?

I played a demo for that mirrors edge game. I thought it was a pretty fuckin sweet idea. My only problem is that I had trouble judging when to jump because you cant see the characters feet. I think a game like that would be much better done in 3rd person instead of 1st person.

12. groundgame

groundgame New Member

I also thought that a 3rd person camera would be a lot better.

13. bigsmooth696969

bigsmooth696969 G.T.L.

The Orange Box is sweet especially with Team Fortress 2. Its a change of pace 3rd person shooter. I think the first Resistance is better than 2 but both are worthy pickups. Little Big Planet is fun to toy with too.

14. RF76

RF76 beach bum

I just bought Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
    Got it for 30$ shipped on Ebay.
    Looks pretty cool but it's only 8 hours long

15. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

is Fallout 3 on ps3?

16. bigsmooth696969

bigsmooth696969 G.T.L.

Isn't it only $30 at Gamestop?

17. RF76

RF76 beach bum

$54 used

18. Minion

Minion New Member

Yeah, its for ps3.

19. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Yea, Uncharted is still 54.99 used on gamestop. So is Madden 09 and GTA IV when you can get them both on Ebay for around 30.

Ebay and Amazon are the best places to buy used games because they come so much cheaper than getting them in stores, especially now that Ebay has put a cap on how much a seller can charge for shipping. It's somewhere between 3-4 dollars and when you factor in there is no tax on ebay, it comes out very good.

20. bigsmooth696969

bigsmooth696969 G.T.L.

Well, really there is tax b/c when you file your taxes you are suppose to claim stuff you bought or sold online. Not like anyone really does it. I just hit up Gamestop and Drake's is $49.99 new and $44.99 used in Cincinnati. I heard it was a good game but had no replay value. The cap on Ebay for shipping is only for first class mail via USPS. Media mail, Priority, Express, 2 Day, and Overnight can still be charged to whatever the seller likes.