1. Sound trumpets! let our bloody colors wave! And either victory, or else a grave."UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs Edwards" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims: UFC Fight Pass/ESPN, 6:00 p.m. ET. Main card: ESPN, 9 p.m. ET.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs. Edwards.
Dismiss Notice
There are few die well that die in a battle. Get your picks in now: Official 2019 Annual Pick 'Ems Challenge - ESPN 4: dos Anjos vs. Edwards.

Re-Birth of the Tattoo Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Oct 19, 2008.

1. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

Well, fuck You tben. Lol

Poindexter and Dimson like this.
  2. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I was thinking either blue or green

3. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Heh, you think that's smoke...

But I agree, in any event I need an artist with a flair for Gothic or Victorian imagery. Colors I'm willing to negotiate, but style I am not.

4. MongoloidByChoke

Ohhhh for fuck sake for lack of a better term I called it smoke.

Dimson likes this.
  5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I can see how you can mistake the horrible truth of cosmic understanding with 'smoke'. I totally understand. Crayons are delicious as well.

m1ckey kn0x and Poindexter like this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

7. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Want to do my left sleeve. Started it on my inner forearm with a raven containing a burning skull on the inside of it. No pics yet cause I wasn't as thrilled with it as I expected. Waiting to add what was supposed to go with it and add work around it.

I just don't know what the hell I really want to get anymore. All I know really know is that I want a lot of color and detail. Has to be quality.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. MongoloidByChoke

I’m finishing my left arm/left side of chest in he next few months. This side is all black and gray. Right is done and is all color. Just had a nice octopus done on left outside forearm on the black and gray sleeve. Looks sweet.

9. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

10. Malevolence

Malevolence ...TESTING POSITIVE FOR TURINABOL

Got this today, my first, gonna carry on with that arm I think. Squirmed a bit when he got to my armpit area.
    400DCDE9-20C8-48BB-A97D-CB5F1A42F944.jpeg

11. Dimson

That is awesome.

12. Poindexter

Wow, that's impressive. Crazy detail.

13. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

My Texas Chainsaw Massacre tattoo which is my newest.

It was to pair with the Jason hockey mask I already have.

This was 'finished' recently. I still need to add song lyrics but it's a memorial piece for Chester Bennington of Linkin Park. I wanted to do something non tradtional. I saw an outline of his face and wanted to go with that.

Malevolence and Dimson like this.
  14. Dimson

Those are awesome.

15. Malevolence

What’s the pain level like on the calf? I’ve heard it’s not pleasant (relatively)
    --- Post Added -- Feb 22, 2019, ---
    Check out some of his other pieces, his work is amazing. A friend of ours is a keyboard player, he’s got the Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles pieces in this guys gallery.
    https://instagram.com/derogtattoo?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=f86j72bki6fm

16. S=E

Granted, each person's pain level is different depending on the placement but with that said, it was BRUTAL. I have the majority of my upper body covered and I've tattooed every painful spot you can name outside of my palms and tops of my feet and this was BY FAR the most painful tattoo I've gotten. Completely unexpected. I sleep through some of my tattoos, I'm very comfortable under the needle but this, I couldn't think, I couldn't concentrate on the music I was listening too. Just brutal. Lol. And I'm not done which is the fun part.

Malevolence likes this.
  17. Poindexter

Crazy. What is his technique?

18. Malevolence

He’s just really good at art & using needles.
    He uses stencils & images he finds, he does draw his own stuff but rarely tattoos his own art as it’s not as lucrative. Have to book about 6 months in advance to get a Friday or Saturday appointment with him, he’s quite busy.
    You basically tell him what you want & where you’re thinking of getting it & he finds an image he can pull off. He loves detail so he was keen to do mine as it’s full of fine lines & highlights.

Poindexter likes this.
  19. MongoloidByChoke

Really, I did not find legs painful at all. As a matter of fact the only part I thought was painful was my spine but I wouldn’t even say it was painful it was just making my hand twitch which freaked me out.

20. S=E

Yep.

Most of my legs weren't bad. Shin wasn't bad, sides of the leg weren't bad. But the back of my calf was brutal.

Lucky you.