RDA injured, out of fight with McGregor - now Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Dec 31, 2015.

1. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

I think Jake is jealous.

2912ltw.jpg

m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  2. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

So McGriddly did punch Nate's fist. I thought he slapped it. I would give someone a fine for that. Anything that could have possibly caused an injury that'd prevent the fight from happening deserves a fine. ...Man, maybe I should be president too, you guys.

3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

How can you not be a fan of Nate Diaz.
    I am glad he's getting paid.
    Hope Nate out works Conor and finishes him late.

I am also a big Conor fan, just have been a bigger Diaz fan alot longer.

4. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Just reread several pages of this and a few other threads and I am getting a real sense of how people love to rewrite history to suit arguments why they like or dislike a guy.

I actually like McGregor. Think he's a beast of a fighter. But for these folks to act like, and then state that what he's doing is unheard of or trailblazing or defying odds is just plain horseshit.

He's moving up two weight classes to fight a guy that walks around at generally the same weight as he does.

He's not even moving up to face a champion (not now), or a former champion, or even a guy that was literally on the doorstep of a title shot. So let's stop acting like he he moved up and decided to pick a fight with the biggest baddest dude in the yard.

I love what he's doing. I love the swagger. I love that he's doing it all in the face and actually somewhat disrespectfully toward Dana White. I think its fantastic. But its not new. It's just being brought to you buy FS1 and Youtube.

I'm fine with all the huggers enjoying the ride. Hell its a fun ride. But you don't have to rewrite the past to make this guy's present seem like greatness. That will come in time. The greats built it over time. You're all trying to thrust a decade of greatness and hardwork on to a guy that's truly only been on the scene for about 20 months now.

Benevolence and sourdough like this.
  5. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

There are reports now, unofficial though, that Conor injured Nate's hand when he punched it.

6. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

You're entitled to your opinion. It can be a shitty one, but you're still entitled.

The reason they cut is so they don't have to fight other people who cut. So again, if not cutting weight as advantage, they would stop cutting and fight those guys that are.

Sooo its better for him to cut weight....

It already did happen..soooo yes?

That's fine, maybe as a fighter he feels better at 170. But its still a disadvantage fighting up or he wouldn't be cutting

Read again. He comes in to the weight cut 10lbs over. He gradually loses weight during camp. That makes your argument void.

I'm not arguing if a fighter looks/feels better not cutting weight. I'd say that's pretty obvious. What I'm arguing is not cutting weight is an advantage. Again, if it was so much of an advantage, more people would be doing it.

So for argument, lets say 4 people? Out of those 4, how many aren't cutting weight? And to be clear, not getting weight and fighting at your walk around weight is a lot different than getting on steroids and moving up (Overeem)[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    --- Post Added -- Mar 4, 2016, ---
    Nate took the fight on short notice. He normally cuts. So which one is moving up to 170 for an advantage?
    Sure he moved up and had some success. But apparently, just moving up didn't have the advantages he thought because he moved back down as well.

7. Malevolence

Malevolence ...TESTING POSITIVE FOR TURINABOL

Conors squad was on point, his homie Dana was first in.

image.jpeg

The Madman and Poindexter like this.
  8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

UFC brass picked Nate as a likely win for McPaddy. I hope 209 spoils the party.

The Madman and Kevo like this.
  9. Noise

Noise Ruido

10. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

I'm asking if you are willing to do a name bet for 2 years.
    I never forget

Kevo likes this.
  11. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

To be fair, there's at least a 30% chance Micky ends up in the clink at some point in the next two years.

m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  12. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Biggest LOLZ ever if the prefight doctor calls the fight due to swelling on Nate's hand while being taped.

Nate gets his "show" money and doesn't have to fight. Diaz Bros win again!

13. Malevolence

Malevolence ...TESTING POSITIVE FOR TURINABOL

If they can keep Jon Jones outta the slammer they can keep this little potato flavored meal ticket on the streets.

sourdough likes this.
  14. Gurry

Gurry BJ LW KING

had money on conor with my boy he called me and cancelled the bet.

Glad i can just lay back and enjoy the carnage without a dog in the race

Oh and dont fuck with Ido SON!

15. The Madman

The Madman Well-Known Member

If the same Nate shows up like he did against Johnson, I could see him winning. My only problem is how many leg kicks is he gonna eat before he starts checking them.

16. jokerthief

jokerthief No reason to get excited. Site Donor

Where are you getting that info?

17. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

I'm literally sick of the loud mouth bullshit. Shut the fuck up already. It's obnoxious at this point.

18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I was talking about the op Mickey Knox, not Connor

19. Noise

Noise Ruido

Pip Pounded my Pooper likes this.
  20. The Madman

The Madman Well-Known Member

Did I just see Rockhold vs Weidman 2, Cruz Faber 3, and mighty mouse vs Henry for UFC 200?

Nvm it said all roads lead to 200.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016