1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about 'walking dead'

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by thumper, Oct 23, 2018.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

OK i mentioned earlier that some things really bothered me about the beginning. I didn't think I'd be able to get through this, but to my delight some of the people I really disliked because of their acting etc are now gone.

If you haven't watched the series, leave the thread because i'm going to explain where I'm at, explain what bothered me and ask some questions.

Spoilers for seasons 1 and 2 (open)

I decided to skip the stuff that annoyed me. it serves no purpose. But here are my questions.

What did Rick mean by everyone is infected? Just before they found the prison he explained to everyone that while at the CDC the doctor told him everyone carries the virus or whatever. Did I miss that, or did they just expose that he knew?

He just killed Shane, and he turned into a creepy crawly afterward (i just can't bring myself to say walker. it's such a silly name). So what I am assuming he meant was that once the living people die they turn. but not before hand?

They just got to the prison and secured that outside area. So that's cool.

I don't quite understand why Lori is so mad at Rick. He just explained the story to her about how and why he killed Shane. But she's furious and I dont get why? Is it possible I don't understand because I'm not supposed to yet? if so don't spoil it, i just think I might have missed something.

2. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

The premise is essentially everyone is infected with a virus that when they die they reanimate into one of the zombies.

In terms of the Rick/Lori stuff I think it's just because Lori still had feelings for Shane and was a little torn on the whole thing (been a while since I watched)

3. thumper

yeah doesn't matter now. She's dead lol

I'm up to season 3 episode 4 I think. Not too crazy about the living situations right now. Just don't care for the scenarios, but clearly they're going to change frequently to move the story line.

Cool. Thanks man!

4. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

I honestly stopped watching I think it was after the 4th season I lost interest. It was a good show but it started to feel like there was no long term direction for the show. I get wanting to run with it when the ratings are good and money is to be made but I always prefer stuff that runs 5-7 seasons and wraps things up.

5. thumper

Sorry, didn't notice you responded.

I've been watching. I'm in season 5 episode 3 now. I did manage to bypass some of my annoyances, however it sure seems odd they've known that covering up with the blood and guts hide them somehow. yet they still do these battles. bUt I've gotten far enough now that I'm enjoying it.

They just reunited now after the fake sanctuary blow up and escape. Though since they didn't kill everyone i'm somewhere around 99.999999999999% sure that it's not over, and those cannibal freaks are going to show up soon.

6. thumper

I can't go to that other walking dead thread since there will be spoilers in it.

but I did get through the shitty parts. I'm up to the start of season 8 now. I get a little tired of the easy predictions in the show right now. But it's fun watching it.

You can sure tell when they geared up and got some serious backing in the show.

I'm hooked now.

Question, what season are they on now? i onlyl have season 8 on Netflix. What are they on now in the real show?

Poindexter likes this.
  7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

8. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

Halway through season 9.... Netflix typically releases things about a season behind what's currently airing on TV

9. thumper

Thanks!
    I found the first episode of season 9 on the AMC site. I imagine they have the rest too. But I also suppose they'll have commercials which will suck.

I'm actually a little bummed. I watched all of season 8 and i can tell from the way things are negan isn't going to be killed, and of course in Carl's dream he foresaw him living in the community.

I don't like the way this is going, I sure hope it doesn't all turn. I also kept waiting for closure on the saviors battle but fucking no.

I'm not crazy where this is going though.

Sidenote. I was really shocked when abraham and glenn were killed though. I think that's the first time I was really shocked at someone dying.

10. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

That shit was brutal. Almost the entire season was an exercise in severe sadism enacted on the audience.