1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

question about 'it's always sunny"

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by thumper, Apr 3, 2017.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

So, maybe I was asleep. but seriously, what happened to mac?

i'm on season 7 and he blew up like a fucking balloon. i thought it was part of the show but obviously not

what's up?

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

He's cultivating mass

3. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

If only there was a Season 7 episode called "How Mac got Fat."

4. thumper

I saw taht, but my question was really, is he actually that fat or is that a fat suit? it looks real as shit. i mean if he did pork up i get it. I did see where he thought he was putting on bulk for his 'avatar' guy lol. but it looks so damned real.. that's what I should be asking
    --- Post Added -- Apr 3, 2017, ---
    while I'm on the subject (hint, i'd never seen this show until a month ago so i started watching from the beginning).

Do i understand it right that mac on the show is the creator and EP of the series?

5. jesusatemyhotdog

It's real. It's easy to get fat.

If you want to see something impressive watch The Machinist and Batman Begins back to back.

disposableassassin likes this.
  6. thumper

I thought it looked real. but holy shit he porked up big time.

I kept thinking he was my favorite, then charlie was, then sweet dee, then frank, fuck it i think I like them all equally and that's strange.

I love this show so much, like I said in my other comment (profile comment) my sister used to love this show and I scoffed at it until a month ago. Now I'm loving it and she's worm food so i can't even say I'm sorry

it's honestly as close as possible to saying the kinds of things my real friends would say when i was that age. so un-pc it's refreshing

and truly I couldn't stand danny devito until i saw this character
    --- Post Added -- Apr 3, 2017, ---
    i saw some clips of that, that dude became fucking gross for that role in the machinist. THAT was impressive

7. jesusatemyhotdog

8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

What about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

9. thumper

yeah you'll blast me for this..... Never seen it.

10. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Damn, check it out. Do you not like the actors in it or something, or is it just a chance thing?

11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

You'd enjoy it, based on how much I assume you love giant Native American men throwing water fountains.

It's also a great movie.

12. jesusatemyhotdog

Devito was great in Twins, Throw Mama from the Train, Romancing the Stone, War of the Roses, Matilda, Hoffa... Pretty much everything.

But he is certainly fantastic as Frank. I hope there's more Frank and Pondy episodes next season.

13. kanobro

kanobro My New Challenge Site Donor

All the crap that was left over went into what you see in the mirror every morning.

14. jesusatemyhotdog

Tonight is your night, bro.

Kevo and kanobro like this.
  15. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

mac getting fat spoiler (open)
    the initial joke was Rob (Mac) wanted all of them to get fat and have danny devito get really skinny for that season. no one else wanted to do it, so Mac got fat on his own. they have an episode where Mac talks to a priest about why he got fat, in the context of their world. but the genesis was Robs idea of all of them being fat

16. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

The characters that play Mac, Dennis and Charlie are all the creators and executive producers of the show. They also write it.

17. jesusatemyhotdog

Mac created the show and shot an original pilot for cheap. Howerton then convinced him to retool the show and Charlie started writing with them. When it went to series, they all became EPs. There have been a lot of writers on the show. David Hornsby, who plays Cricket, is one of the regulars. The guys from Game of Thrones wrote "Flowers for Charlie." Fred Savage directed a lot of episodes.

Here's a clip from the original pilot.

Poindexter and sourdough like this.
  18. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

I thought I read/heard Mac purposely got fat for that season. He since lost the weight, hasn't he?

19. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

20. jesusatemyhotdog

Quit trying to thundergun the thread.

Hassquatch and Trodden like this.