1. Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. "UFC on Fox: Poirier vs. Gaethje" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims started at 3:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Quebec bans face covering in public services, raising worries among Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Cat--Smasher, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Quebec bans face covering in public services, raising worries among Muslims

2. disposableassassin

disposableassassin The flying hand trucks of justice Site Donor

That is some crazy stupid shit right there. My guess is that Trump will praise this move and try to present a similar legislation for the US.

3. Cat--Smasher

Not the first time it has came up as a topic in Canada.

Our previous Federal govt floated the idea of banning the burka and niqab, that didnt make it to vote.

Quebec is an interesting province with ties back to France and Quebec wanting their own identity.

They claim it aimed at all face coverings but I highly doubt they will prevent a white person from getting on the bus or borrowing a book at the library without removing their scarf or winter face covers.

disposableassassin likes this.
  4. disposableassassin

disposableassassin The flying hand trucks of justice Site Donor

I agree. They just changed around some verbage and passed a shitty law that attacks religious minorities. A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf.

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

That sucks. If you wanna dress like a bee keeper, have at it

6. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I am a religious man and I respect everyone's religion but I don't respect things that make you less of a person. If you want to dress like that fine but a person who can't show their face, I just don't get it. It's not equal. I do see their point in needing to see faces in case someone needs to be questioned later. I feel bad they have to live like that.

Kevo likes this.
  7. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

The don't have to. The choose to follow their dumbass religion.

Miz likes this.
  8. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Take the religion out of it. I don't understand why this is a big deal. You can't just walk around wearing a mask all the time. Why would this be any different?

9. Cat--Smasher

Or does it create more equality as these ladies are not always being automatically judged based of their appearance?

Hot bitches get treated better than ugly bitches. Maybe within their own communities, all these ladies are then treated like hot bitches.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 19, 2017, ---
    You cant? Is it against the law (other than Quebec)?

What about Asians who wear surgical masks in public, is that now against the law in Quebec?

10. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

I don’t know about Quebec but here, you can’t just walk around with a mask on.

11. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

Ah, my good 'ol home province. Always something controversial being proposed. They recently outlawed Pitbulls, and any dog looking like a Pitbull . That got my blood boiling.

Growing up in Montreal, a continuous language battle always got the headlines, that still continues to this day. Love the city and the people. Hate the politics, and I don't miss them one iota.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Cat--Smasher

Again, is it against the law?

Not being a smart ass here, honest question.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 19, 2017, ---
    You grew up in Montreal.

I am going to Montreal next month.

Any suggestions on things to see and do?

13. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

cant we just ban faces instead

[​IMG]

ChuckBooty 2.0, kanobro and Kevo like this.
  14. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

Touristy things;
    -Mount Royal - can see the entire city from up there, also, St. Joseph Oratory is at base of mountain
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...430fcebf116d43!8m2!3d45.4925702!4d-73.6183548

-Old Montreal - just a very cool place to be, right by the water, cobble stone roads
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...2ebdd5511588d3!8m2!3d45.5074534!4d-73.5544177

If you like art, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts;
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...c96c76106b35b0!8m2!3d45.4985219!4d-73.5794001

Nightlife;
    Not up to date on what is the latest, but Crescent Street (north of St. Catherine Street) has always been a hot spot, also, St. Laurent Street has hip bars, tghe portion north of Sherbrooke Street
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...0628994027de9d!8m2!3d45.4974901!4d-73.5763265

Food;
    Steak, in Old Montreal, I love Gibby's.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...29b3a91124d283!8m2!3d45.5013124!4d-73.5549857

Greek - find a Marathon Souvlaki. None downtown, closest one is maybe 10 - 15 minutes away, well worth the ride
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...11c1f0c3a7cba0!8m2!3d45.4949037!4d-73.6552874

If you like bagels, go to St. Viateur bagels - the best bagels on the planet - period.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...7b6d6c0b5323a0!8m2!3d45.5227047!4d-73.6020013

Smoked meat - If you like pastrami and/or corned beef, go to Schwartz's - it is legendary.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...61a1e5148bf840!8m2!3d45.5163503!4d-73.5776401

If you are a hockey fan, I would catch a Canadiens game, if possible. Hockey is a religion in Montreal, and seeing a game there is quite an experience. Even though it isn't the old forum, the amount of Stanley Cup banners hanging from the rafters is breathtaking.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2f006b9aeff7ae!8m2!3d45.4960667!4d-73.5693153

I don't know if they would allow you in, but GSP's gym, Tristar is not too far from downtown area;
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...3df6eeff7e3af9!8m2!3d45.4982255!4d-73.6573074

And the women - hottest in North America!

All I can think of at the moment. If I can think of others, I will let you know.

Do you know where you'll be staying?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Cat--Smasher likes this.
  15. Hillary's Vagina

Hillary's Vagina Black Lives Matter

Haven't read the article but must of offended someone. You can't do anything that is remotely offensive to anyone or it gets sniggled.

Poindexter likes this.
  16. Cat--Smasher

Thanks buddy much appreciated.

A hotel right downtown, looks like its right by the main subway station.

Already been planning on Old Montreal and Mount Royal. Not yet looked into a hockey game. Im out for some smoked meat & poutine. Thanks for the other suggestions for good eats, Im sure we will hit one up.

I looked up Tristar the other night and seen it was not too far. Im sure I will wonder by one of the days. The lil lady is there for work, so Ill have the days to explore. She wanted to hit up 6 Flags but unfortunately it will already be closed for the season.

Whats the pot shop situation like there?

And fave brew pubs or micro breweries?

17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  18. Cat--Smasher

I dont know. I might have to do some research on that.

Cocaine and trannys it is.

ChuckBooty 2.0, 0mega1 and Trodden like this.
  19. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Survival Pool Champion

its illegal to purchase sexual services but legal to sell them,weed is gonna be legal very soon
    --- Post Added -- Oct 20, 2017, ---
    i hate seeing women in the fucking niqab, its gross and just plain wrong but i am also against the gov imposing a dress code.

20. Macgyver

Macgyver Active Member

There are several Les 3 Brasseurs (3 brewers) restaurants downtown. They are very popular and brew their own beer. I was there last a month ago for work, had a great burger and a decent IPA. If you are a rib guy, Bar-B-Barn and Baton Rouge are the places to go. Baton Rouge is more commercial, Bar-B-Barn has been around forever (haven’t been there in about 10 years. I enjoyed it then). Can’t go wrong either way.

You’ve got the Unibroue brewery about 45 mins out of town. Never been, but they are a big presence in Quebec ( Poindexter always posting about them in the Beer thread)

Hands down, Best titty bar is Chez Parée, not sure that’ll be in play being with the old lady, but hey, you never know.

Dan the man was right that if you’re looking for a party any night of the week, Cresent street is the place to go. They have a lot of pubs and nightclubs. I went to this club Electric Avenue last year – Its all 80’s and 90’s music and I enjoyed it. Brutopia is a microbrewery on cresent that I would recommend.

Cat--Smasher likes this.