1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 stuck in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Dimson, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

My PS4 is stuck in safe mode and nothing I have tried can get it out of safe mode. Anyone have any ideas? I had it in rest mode and fir some reason, it put its self in safe mode and nothing I can do has come close to fixing the issue. I tried every option in safe mode and so far, no option has worked. I am able to put games in and take them out, the system it's self just isn't booting up for some reason.

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-fix-your-playstation-4-starting-safe-mode

3. Dimson

I tried all those options. They all go back to the safe mode screen. Only one I didn't try was the software one because I don't have a USB drive.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 16, 2018, ---
    Looks like a complete factory restart is in order. Going to download the software for the reinstall when I get home. Hopefully that will fix it. This is a huge pain in the ass.

4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Hope you don't lose anything on your hard drive

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Get you get the message hack?

6. Taste Testing Tannehill’s Fart Box

Taste Testing Tannehill’s Fart Box Ninja

I think your best bet is after doing the factory restart, sell it and get an Xbox

7. Dimson

Not that I am aware of. Sounds like it got corrupted due to too many power shortages while in rest mode.

8. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Just buy a fucking new one you cheap fuck

9. Ninjastix

Factory reset seems like your best option. It'll just save you time in the long run.

10. Dimson

That is what I am going to do. I just have to download the software on a USB stick so I can do the reinstall today when I get home.

11. Ninjastix

Best of luck. This where I have found Xbox hardware and infrastructure to be superior. My PS4, which is a launch model, has had multiple boot issues but I've always been able to recover it.

I swear if it wasn't for Bloodborne I'd sell it. But it'd be impossible to let go of that masterpiece. If the PS5 is backwards compatible I'll get it solely to retain that game and if not I'm getting a discount ps4 replacement.

12. Dimson

I have a PS4 for the exclusives. The exclusives make it worth the nonsense.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 16, 2018, ---
    PS4 is still borked. Fuck!
    --- Post Added -- Oct 17, 2018, ---
    So I just realized my PS4 should still be under warrantee. Going to call Game Stop just to make sure. If that is the case, I should be back to gaming tonight. Fingers crossed.

13. Ninjastix

I wonder then if you didn't fry a circuit. Maybe invest in a UPS.

14. Dimson

I am taking it back to Game Stop today and I should be able to just get it replaced since my console should still be under warrantee. I am just upset I didn't think of that 2 days ago.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 17, 2018, ---
    Officially traded mine in for a new one. Didn't cost anything minus paying for another warantee. Thank goodness for a free trial of playstation plus or else I would have lost all my saved games. Whew.

Kano and AnchorPunch like this.
  15. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Glad to hear it. I think that I'm emotionally attached to my God of War save.

16. Dimson

Thankfully, as long as there is Playstation Plus, my saves will always be there, lol. I have a God of War save too.

17. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Dude, I literally said that in the other thread. The warranty thing
    --- Post Added -- Oct 18, 2018, ---
    See?

Dimson likes this.
  18. Dimson

I did see it but it was also 1 in the morning my time, lol. I am just glad everything is back to normal. Minus having to reinstall everything of course.

19. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I am glad there is resolution on this. I was getting a bit worried.

AnchorPunch and Dimson like this.
  20. Dimson

Me too bro. Me too. It was scary for a minute there.

Poindexter likes this.