Professional Fighters League (PFL) Thread

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

2. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

So PFL is going to crown 7 champions in half the time than it takes for Bellator to crown 1 (HW). Sounds like PFL is stealing a page out of the old Bellator play book.

3. Cat--Smasher

PFL roster revealed: Six of these 72 fighters will be millionaires by year's end
    [​IMG]
    PFL 2018 playoffs pay structure
    • Playoff champions: $1 million
    • Playoff runners-up: $200,000
    • Playoff semifinal losers: $100,000
    • Playoff quarterfinal losers: $50,000

Full PFL Roster

4. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Yeah this organization should last a while.

[​IMG]

Dimson likes this.
  5. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

season 1...

6 months later, several fighters file lawsuits because they're unpaid, org folds.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  6. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Anyone know if NBC or Facebook are investors too?

7. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

I think it's broadcast deals. Looks like it's owned by MMAX Investment Partners, which seems to be just a bunch of investors. Probably just renegotiated the deal they already had with NBC, as WSOF, and added in Facebook to try something new.

Facebook is trying to get into streaming stuff now. I had no idea until a week or 2 ago when my friend was flipping out because the Mets game was only going to stream on Facebook, and not on TV (he's not tech savvy so no smart TV, Roku, Fire Stick, etc).

8. thumper

they signed a deal for only 3 months. From June to August.

this is not a big braodcasting deal and NBCSN is a very small network, not broadcasting NBC at all (i could be wrong)

Professional Fighters League To Partner With MGM Television Group For New Programming

The Professional Fighters League (PFL) announced today that they are are partnering with Mark Burnett, President of MGM Television Group & Digital and MGM Television to develop and produce new content and programming for their upcoming season.

[​IMG]
    As the man behind Survivor, The Voice, Shark Tank, and The Contender, Burnett is no stranger to competition-oriented programming. In addition to being added to the advisory board, he and MGM will join as PFL investors. The PFL 2018 league season debuts June 7 and will include 11 live events on NBC Sports Network and Facebook Watch.

The PFL is the world’s only major mixed martial arts league and is the first organization present MMA as a true sport with individual fighters competing in a regular season that includes playoffs and a season-ending championship. The league’s partnership with MGM Television will bring unscripted programming and short-form content to PFL’s multi-platform distribution with the NBC Sports Group and Facebook that was announced earlier this year. NBC Sports Group will establish an exclusive live Thursday night PFL fight franchise, presenting seven regular-season live events in prime time exclusively on NBCSN beginning June 7 through the end of August.

In addition to the live events, the development deal will feature PFL’s What Do you Fight For? programming that brings viewers short-form digital & social content that will showcase the day-to-day lives and back stories of the fighters. Viewers can also follow PFL athletes through an array of short-form original content, such as the Top 10 of The Week, Path to the Finals, 24:7: Life of a Fighter, and Inside the Gym cam.
    --- Post Added -- Apr 17, 2018, ---
    by the way Spoon. Facebook has been streaming for a long time. Don't you remember before the fightpass shit happened, back in the SPIKE era we used to instead have facebook prelims? two fights there, then the main prelims. fightpass was 2013 but 7 years ago they were doing prelims on FB. i found one article from 7 years ago talking about the facebook prelims. it probably goes bac further than that

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-fftt-prelims-facebook-press-release-011811

and UFC 137 had Facebook prelims too

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-137-facebook-prelims

Spoon likes this.
  9. Cat--Smasher

Three Featherweight Bouts Announced for PFL Season Opener on June 7 in New York

10. Cat--Smasher

Brian Stann joins Professional Fighters League in advisory role

11. thumper

Damn. Good luck Brian! Always liked him, but he must have fallen out. i know the claim is he left to go get his MBA but i can't help but think there was more to it.

Whatever the case i hope he does well.

AnchorPunch likes this.
  12. Cat--Smasher

PFL 1 2018 Regular Season Debut Weigh-ins: Andre Harrison, Jumabieke Tuerxun on Target
    --- Post Added -- Jun 7, 2018, ---

Dimson and Kano like this.
  13. Cat--Smasher

14. thumper

just want to make sure i'm right here.

this arena, even if full is going to pay that kind of money!?!

is anyone really thinking this has a chance?
    [​IMG]

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  15. Cat--Smasher

Video surfaces of UFC's Kamaru Usman, manager Ali Abdelaziz brawling with crowd at PFL 1

16. thumper

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  17. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

What in tarnations is going on?

18. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

he'll blame the cat again. the surgeon general says addiction is a disease, no shame

19. thumper

yup the little fucker stood on it and since this forum auto saves drafts i didnt see it. the cat must have stood on the space bar last.

Kano and Dimson like this.
  20. Cat--Smasher

Second PFL event is June 21st.

[​IMG]
    --- Post Added -- Jun 9, 2018, ---