Post Your Movie Reviews Here

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I always like your saying in-depth reviews of things. I don’t always agree but the time you put in it makes them always worth reading. I disagree with your review of this movie but I’m a huge comic fan boy and a huge marvel movie geek. So I most likely didn’t have issues where others did because of the fanboyism.

Are you saying you like Elizabeth Olsen because damn what I wouldn’t do to get some of that lol.

Also I maybe one of the few that thought black panther was very underwhelming. It’s one of the few marvel movies I really don’t enjoy watching over again. Oddly I was sure I would have hated dr strange but I enjoy watching that. But back to black panther. I thought the actors were all a great choice but the script and story were just above crap.

And John wick 3 10/10 i fucking loved it. I really hope they make a fourth movie. I still can’t bring myself to watch the first ten minutes of wick 1. I just fast forward it, still makes me cry like a baby each time. Specially after losing ruby not long ago.

m1ckey kn0x and Ninjastix like this.
  2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I like Black Panther the character more than any of the others. I think the movie itself is mediocre. It introduces a very compelling subject matter and narrative arc.. and does absolutely nothing with it. But between Civil War and Black Panther I just love the character of T'Chala.

On the Elizabeth Olsen front:

1. She's drop dead gorgeous
    2. She's sexier than a party at the Weinstein's in 1996
    3. Her character actually got to showcase how ridiculously powerful she is

The high points of Endgame were some of the highest in the series but it was way too far between for me. I don't have the attachments to the characters everyone else has so I'm relying on the melodramatics to keep me invested. The fan servicey stuff is unfortunately lost on me, call backs and the like just don't do anything for me given where all this has gotten to be.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  3. Clark Kent

I agree with everything about Olsen. I do like the character black panther, I just wish they did it with better writing. I still think winter soldier and civil war are the best written movies.

I was reading some of the writers really want to do a house of m story and I’m totally on. Oars with anything Scarlett witch but how in the fuck are they going to do that story with them totally nerfing all her powers.

4. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

John Wick 3:

This movie was like a kid who wants so badly to hang out with the tatted and pierced crowd made a movie after seeing Wanted, Torque, and Wrestlemania.
    6/10

5. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Torque is quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.

kc56 likes this.
  6. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

John Wick 3, non stop action. It's so good. Currently this is the best Gun-fu action movie of all time. Halle Berry was actually good in this and her dogs are awesome. Can't wait for John Wick 4. 90%

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Is “dogs” code for something else?

Dimson likes this.
  8. Ninjastix

9. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

Well... if you like stupid completely unrealistic motorcycle fight scenes, I know just the movie for you!

But yes, Torque is up there on the shitty movie list. So much that it comes full circle and is almost enjoyably terrible in every way possible.

10. Poindexter

S=E and Dimson like this.
  11. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I'm going to end up watching John Wick 3 in theaters. I love the franchise. That said, I was a little disheartened by something Chad Stahelski said the other day in an interview promoting this movie. He said when the time comes for this franchise to bow it, there’s only two possible endings for Wick. He either dies or lives on the run, that he gets no happy ending. I fucking hate this line of thinking.

12. Tapout

Nope, like dogs. Mans best friend kind of dogs.

Poindexter likes this.
  13. Poindexter

Damn.

Noise likes this.
  14. Ninjastix

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

The reviews coming out of Cannes say it’s damn near perfect.

16. FrankieButNotEdgar

Moonlight

The performances are all great. The issue I ran into is there isn’t really a focused narrative. The movie follows one characters life split into three periods: childhood, adolescence, adulthood.

It hit home for me in a lot of ways as a kid with a drug addicted parent and a kid that grew up with a lot of anger issues. I wasn’t bullied the way this kid was but I was poor while trash and was treated accordingly so I could relate to this kids plight.

8/10

17. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Brightburn was great. Horror at its finest. And the ending credit scene....man.

18. Clark Kent

I really enjoyed the movie. I hope they have a sequel where he is a young adult.

S=E likes this.
  19. Tapout

Aladdin- the trailers and all footage released was a poor showing of the film. The stuff they released looked like trash. The movie was so much better than that. It wasn’t amzkng but I would say it was a good movie. It’s aladdin, so you know what to expect. Jasmine was the best part. Will smith didn’t copy Robin at all. 80%

20. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Will crushed it as the Genie. Made it his own. Agreed that it's much better than the trailers.

Tapout likes this.