Post Your Movie Reviews Here

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I loved it. Best trilogy since Bourne and just so good

disposableassassin, Trodden and ILJO like this.
  2. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

It really was good.

3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

both of these movies look so fucking good

4. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Justice League
    Haters can suck a bag of giant fat ones with a side order of AIDS. This movie could not have ruled any harder.

Show Spoiler
    ’89 Batman theme! ‘78 Superman theme!

Sakara=Excitement and Ninjastix like this.
  5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I think I'd rather watch a marathon of Designing Women than another fucking comic book movie.

Enough with this goofy bullshit. There is no possible combination of Ben Affleck and Batman that can coexist along with the superlatives "good" or "great". The factory churn of generic costumed action set pieces, one after another after another with the same impotent, vacuous story telling is a sign of the times. The great vacuum of originality, heart, and reason for telling a story.

Fuck these movies. Fuck everything about them. Their hollow shells of the content they coop to line the coffers of souless corporate entities.

May they all drown in lakes of blood.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  6. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

[​IMG]

ILJO, Ninjastix and Dimson like this.
  7. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

I enjoyed it a lot. Honestly it needed probably 10 more minutes of villain development. Reminded me of a live action version of the cartoon.

That after credits scene....could set up something fun.

Spoiler (open)
    deathstroke looked awesome!!! They toned down Luther’s ticks a ton.

And seeing the lantern die in the first battle was badass, wish we had a lantern on earth. Excited for all these movies going further.

8. Noise

Noise Ruido

So much this.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I loved the scene with Barry and Clark. Barry was like oh shit he sees me lol. I loved the movie. Loved the 2 scenes after the movie. Now it's punisher time.

10. Tapout

Agreed on all! Episode 2 for me now

11. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Justice League

I liked it but I didn’t like that they changed the tone from super dark to more video game like. The CGI wasn’t very good. I’ll elaborate more in spoilers tag in case I give something away. The new characters were good all the way around and are perfectly cast. It was good but not great, enjoyable and I’m ready for more. Sucks the second one got pushed back for a stand-alone Batman movie.

8/10

Show Spoiler
    Every scene Superman is in, you can tell they CGI’d his face like Henry Cavill died or something and got the Paul Walker treatment, it was weird. Why CGI the face of a guy that’s still alive.

12. Tapout

It’s not a spoiler. During reshoots he was filming another movie and had to have a mustache. Producers wouldn’t let him shave it, so they had to CGI it out. Only 2 scenes in final movie with it, but it’s jarring.

13. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

i think i would buy into the story of ape movies if it was set during the old west but to believe that smart apes could even have a fighting chance against america's war machine is so laughable, they be killed so fast.

14. Tapout

You are forgetting the part where the humans are wiped out by a virus, and it’s small remnants left. Plus they are fighting in forests.

ATJ-Lucko and Dimson like this.
  15. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

well i didn't watch the movie lol, but yeah i guess you need that virus to make it believable.

16. FrankieButNotEdgar

Oh it’s more than 2 scenes I think. It was every scene he was in and it felt like the mouth swap thing Conan O’Brien used to do on his show. It was awful looking. I was thinking surely, with as much money as they poured into this movie, they could do better than that.

And was Steppenwolf pure CGI? He looked like a cartoon character.

17. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I loved the way superman came off in this film.

Tapout likes this.
  18. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Henry Cavile had a mustache so they had to cg over it. Because he was filming another production and most of his scenes were reshoots that came near post production he couldn’t shave.

19. Tapout

Best version of the character, and made me want a new Superman Movie! They finally made him like superman. I loved his 3 big Flash moments.

20. FrankieButNotEdgar

Magic Carpet Ride should have played during the closing credits.