PD: Fat Loser

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Poindexter, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Yup I got it once in one wrist and both elbows at the same time. Did all I said above and adjusted the weight I was lifting appropriately to how much it was hurting that day. I wasn't conscientious like @Walter Sobchak (going to doc) and it cleared up around 4-7 months. It didn't go away overnight, but lessened and then before I knew it it was gone. I felt like a gym douche wearing the bitch bands but it helped me not have to lessen the weight I was lifting more dramatically. So, bitch bands or go get consoled by the doc haha
    --- Post Added -- Jan 24, 2017, ---
    ...doc won't do much more than that to speed up recovery assuming you self diagnosed correctly.

Sniggles2.0 likes this.
  2. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Poin, today is day! Get up to the local track and walk that fucker 8 times!
    --- Post Added -- Jul 2, 2017, ---
    I'm serious. Get out there and fuck that track up. Drop the fat! No more donuts.

Poindexter likes this.
  3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

4. JeterLover27

If I tried to eat a donut right now my body would kill me.
    --- Post Added -- Jul 3, 2017, ---
    So did you hit the track. Get up there today walk that fucker

Poindexter likes this.
  5. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Coppers eat pieces of donuts for breakfast.

6. JeterLover27

Not this one

disposableassassin likes this.
  7. Miz

I don't drink. Doesn't mean I don't love liquor. Can't change who you are.

For real I'm just kidding. Don't beat me up.

8. Poindexter

So, I started to change some health habits awhile ago and they've had a pretty good effect. I started eating whole unprocessed foods entirely—lots of vegetables, limited grains/legumes, no bread/pasta/rice, with tofu/eggs/quinoa for protein. I eat three meals, only what is in one bowl, and 1-2 snacks per day. I don't eat anything after dinner (at 6:00 - 6:30). Importantly, and also sadly, no alcohol. After three weeks, I've lost 14 pounds. I'm also averaging 5-6 miles walking to and from work per day. I'm going to start introducing a more rigorous exercise regimen and possibly running pretty soon. All and all, I haven't felt like I am depriving myself and I'm pretty happy with the trajectory so far. I'd like to lose about 15-20 more pounds.

9. Miz

Great job PD! Doesn’t it feel good to not be hungover!

I’m on day 6 of whole 30. I feel a lot better and have more energy. I’m gonna try to add intermittent fasting as well. Today I didn’t eat till noon and felt ok.

You ever see that Keto diet? I have a friend who lost a bunch of weight on it.

Sounds like your diet is working. I think it’s all what works for the individual.

Do you still make normal food for the kids? I do. Hard not to eat a big bowl with Mac and ketchup (I’m kidding about the ketchup) when I make it for my little heathens.

Keep it up brother.

Poindexter likes this.
  10. Poindexter

Thanks man. I prefer to see this as a lifestyle change, not really a diet. I'd like to reintroduce some alcohol intermittently down the line, as I do enjoy it. My son isn't following the same habits exactly, but we are trying to make sure he understands the benefits of whole foods vs. processed, over-salted, over-sugared, nutrition-deficient filler. I've made the decision, for the time being, that either I'm doing this or I'm not—the result is that I'm not feeling the potency of any urges otherwise.

Miz likes this.
  11. Miz

That’s how I am as well. I have to be all in. Probably doesn’t hurt that I’m prone to addiction. If I had a cheeseburger tomorrow I’d be back to bad habits in no time. Not sure how I’ll trick my mind when my 30 days is up. I have to stick to a program. Maybe I’ll have it where 6 days I eat while 30 and then on that seventh day I eat like a Viking who just got done with a 3 day rape and pillaging spree. I would love to eat like this for forever but the fact is someday I’ll want a pizza or sphagetti again.

Poindexter likes this.
  12. JeterLover27

Being healthy is rad, things that use to make me want to drink make me want to destroy myself in the gym and at the track now. Nothing feels better

Miz and Poindexter like this.
  13. Poindexter

I agree, but when I am where I want to be I'm going to approach it a bit differently than I used to.

Miz and Monsonbychoke like this.
  14. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

That’s awesome man. If you guys are trying to lose weight and haven’t started lifting, I high suggest it. I used to just do tons of cardio. Now lift and eat more and feel better overall

Miz, Poindexter and Monsonbychoke like this.
  15. JeterLover27

Oh I be lifting playa

16. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Oh I know you do. I just really got into it the last 6-12 months

17. JeterLover27

Awesome

18. Miz

@Poindexter you do any research on intermittent fasting. My BJJ instructor/friend does it. There is some science behind it. I read some on it. Basically you eat in an eight hour window and the fast for 16 hours. So you might eat at noon then eat before 8 that evening then not eat till noon the next day. You can have coffee. I did it Saturday and Sunday but last night I had to get a midnight snack as I had worked outdoors pretty hard that day.

I am one week into whole 30 and weigh 185. I started at 192. I feel like I have a lot more energy. My goal of getting down to 175 should be very achievable in a months time.

Dimson likes this.
  19. Poindexter

Nice work!

Yes, I've researched it some. What I'm doing now is working and I don't feel hungry so I'm sticking with it. Week four weigh-in was today and I'm down 20 pounds. I'm stoked.

20. Miz

Fuck yeah!

Poindexter likes this.