1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

PD: Fat Loser

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Poindexter, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Yeah, but there is grinding. My LCL and MCL hurt sometimes a few hours later when going below parallel on my 35 KB at home. Those two ligaments plus damaged cartilage are what's damaged.

2. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

How is without a kb, just at body weight?

3. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Fine if I do not overdo it. My knee has rehabbed to the point where I can do forward movement well enough. Any sort of diagonal movement like guarding takedowns or hockey/soccer are impossible as the knee will slip out of the joint out of the blue without a massive brace on it. Even then, it sometimes does. It is what it is. I was at a point where I could not walk for 3 months so I am glad it is where it is now. Didn't think I'd be able to run again without it slipping.

I am moving out today from a nice apartment into a shithole basement suite so it will be a nice test of weight tolerance.

I believe I read that you had some shitty knees once upon a time.

4. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

Yes. I started running in the soft sand at the beach. It really helped strengthen everything knee related in a gentle way, other than it's a ton of work cardiovascularly.

It really helped me get past it. Now I am power lifting, and that has really helped keep my knees healthy.

5. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

@Poindexter - How are you doing after the fitness journey? Where did you start from?

Amlap likes this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Doing pretty well. Very happy with building strength and endurance. Bummed I can't make it to the basketball court frequently.

A friend of mine sent me an encouraging video today:

7. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

At first I thought it was a joke, and then you realize how positive and encouraging he is with his disability it was fantastic.

8. Poindexter

@kanobro do you know of any "fanny pack" and backpack that are good for running. I gotta take my keys and phone when I'm running at home, and I'd like to have a backpack for after work so I could run in central park on occasion making my way to my house. It just seems like a pretty uncomfortable way to do it. Also, what shoes do you prefer?

9. kanobro

kanobro My New Challenge Site Donor

There so many good ones, fanny packs and backpacks.
    For fannys, I have a one bottle with a small pouch big enough for keys and a couple gels. A two bottle(20 oz) and a medium pouch that can hold phone, keys, cash, couple energy bars. I also use an old 35mm soft side camera case, that has a waist strap, for carrying phone, keys, when I don't need drinks.

I would recommend going to a running store. Checking them out there. So you get the right size pouch to carry everything you need and decide if you want to carry bottles.

My backpack is for backpacking and is cumbersome for running. But I do have a hydration vest, carrys two bottles, and has a small storage area on the back. It will hold a long sleeve shirt and the phone, keys and other small items. (Ultimate Direction) If you need to carry more than that there is another model with a little larger storage area. (can't remember the name). I would probably go with the little bigger one unless you know you're always going to be carrying the minimum. I use mine for racing so I went light and small.
    imgres.jpg
    this may not be exactly what you need. Check it out on Amazon, and it will recommend like items.

Shoes; For road and hard surface running I have been in Nike Pegasus since 2008 love them and don't anticipate changing anytime soon. They are a neutral stride shoe, with a fairly soft ride. (they absorb the impact very well).

Trails; Solomon FellCross I love them but they have been discontinued. I will find another Solomon that is the replacement or closest model.

With shoes try on several models from a couple manufacturers. Everyone's feet are different.

Poindexter and Sniggles like this.
  10. Poindexter

Thanks man. I'll look into the suggestions. I'm actually using some Air Pegasus now.

kanobro likes this.
  11. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

I skip running because I am a gimp. Haha. Why run when you can walk? :)

12. Poindexter

Anybody deal with cubital and radial tunnel syndrome?
    --- Post Added -- Jan 24, 2017, ---
    Actually, the more I self-diagnose and narrow down the symptoms, I'm pretty sure I have tennis elbow. I've had it for several months even after limiting specific movement. Any suggestions?

Trodden likes this.
  13. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

These types of things help minimally but if it's really hurting they're something:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than that perseverance, time, and take glucose condroitin tabs...stretch and use rubber band tube exercises prior to lifting and/or daily.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 24, 2017, ---
    Can last more than 6 months sometimes...

Sniggles2.0 likes this.
  14. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

epsom salt, ice, compression, and cut carbs

http://curesfortenniselbow.com/152/how-carbohydrate-foods-can-cause-inflammation-in-your-elbow/

Sniggles2.0 likes this.
  15. Poindexter

Thanks, I appreciate it. You've had it before? The worst part is how it limits you, very frustrating.

16. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

learn to jack off with the other hand, youll be fine

17. Poindexter

It's actually my left arm, so I'm okay.

Trodden likes this.
  18. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Gonna wear that bitch band?

19. Poindexter

You think some sort of sleeve/compression is not the way to go?

20. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

Well I don't know really if it will work I'm gonna say it's prob not. I would say go to your dr right away, the longer you wait with an ailment like the more problematic it will be come. You need to stretch wrist and when you can workout your forearms with light weight to strengthen the muscles that you normally do not use. And also light weight shoulder exercises as well. Then ice the shit out of it and take anti inflammatory stuff. But get to your Dr first and foremost.

Sniggles2.0 likes this.