PD: Fat Loser

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Poindexter, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I'll definitely look into that.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 6, 2015, ---
    @Palma which one do you take?

2. Palma

Palma I am chaos

It's just the GNC brand. It says JOINT on the side of the box.

3. Poindexter

Okay. I saw they had a few versions. I'll look for that.

4. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Yeah, there's an ENERGY pack, and some other ones.

5. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Are you doing any squatting? Honestly

6. Poindexter

Yes, but without any weight. I was having a popping thing going on and the stiffness so I've taken it easy since. I started some PT stuff with the knee again and that seems to help some. I sat in the whirlpool today and the steam room and that was good too.

7. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

@Poindexter Omega Oils!

This made me think of the recent JRE podcast I listened to last weekend when driving up island to go camping.

Dr. Ronda Patrick, it was super interesting and was all based off health based information. I would highly recommend a listen... Especially if anyone has any stomach/digestion/gut issues. Plus, she is a babe. https://twitter.com/foundmyfitness?lang=en

Sniggles and Poindexter like this.
  8. Poindexter

I'll check that out as well.

9. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

10. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

Fish oil should be added in to your supplements. But not just shitty ordinary fish oil from wal-mart, go to a GNC or nutritional store and get some good stuff, you will pay a little more but it will benefit you much more. Also, not sure if you mentioned this, but get some damn knee braces. Even a sleeve will help. Volataren Emulgel is your friend, it always helps my muscles after a hard training session. And last of all, make sure you are fully hydrated before any sort of training or physical activity, it helps me more than anything. If I am not hydrated prior to bjj I am 100% sore as fuck after class and the next day, but if I am hydrated I am pretty much good to go.

Hope this helps, keep ion mind I am also semi old

Poindexter likes this.
  11. Poindexter

Thanks man. I'll follow suit.

12. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Hummus with chick peas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, turmeric, black pepper, cayenne, pink himalayan salt will make any veggie taste good. Toss that shit in a blendtec and you have insta goodness. Make a huge portion and it's good for a long while in the fridge.

A bowl of broccoli, celery, red pepper slices can't taste any better. Or tortilla chips on your cheat day.

Turmeric is the most godliest spice in terms of antioxidants. Dune was based on turmeric..
    (I'm bullshitting but it really is the most healthy spice in the arsenal)
    --- Post Added -- Aug 11, 2015, ---
    I use braces for both running and lifting, but I see there are sleeves solely for the squats. Worth the 50 bucks for a different mouse trap?

Poindexter likes this.
  13. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

@Poindexter
    For my squats, I put a kitchen chair behind me and that is all the lower I squat. It has really saved my knees.

Another great low impact exercise for my quads. Set my treadmill at a fairly steep incline and walk backwards. Start out slow and work your way up very gradually. This is the best quad exercise I have found that doesn't have any negative effect on my knees.

Poindexter likes this.
  14. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

People that squat only 30% of the way makes me giggle. Your hips gotta go below your knees.

15. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

I gained a buncha weight my last year in the army and have been working out like a fucking crazy person for the last four months or so. I'm not pleased with the results. I think it's cuz I'm old now though. Fuck.

Sniggles2.0 likes this.
  16. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

Some of us have fucked up knees though homeboy. My right knee is more machine than man now cuz I had a full ACL tear back in '07 and had it repaired with one of my very own tendons. Although I do full squats...but only body-weight squats though.

17. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

No, I have fucked knees too. I see 19 year old with nothing wrong with them doing shit form. This is what I am talking about. Not us old, damaged men.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 25, 2016, ---
    150 lbs from 180 in December. #ThugLife

Amlap likes this.
  18. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

That's a great gain. Heavy back squat?

19. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

The opposite. I lost 30. I am 5'9. I cut before I go to hypertrophy after moving on the 1st. I used to be 145 from shitloads of cardio and hockey 4-5 days a week.

I put on a fuck ton of weight since I quit hockey. Meat and salad 6 days a week fixed it.\

My physiotherapist adviced that I don't do squats or deads before dropping weight. Even then, she said that it might be a better idea to go under the knife before squatting. I am going to try squats anyway. I do them with my 35 kettlebells at present but nothing more. Knee still pops out on diagonal movement.

Fuckin' sucks but it is what it is. If I fuck it up again, at least I have a better reason for surgery.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  20. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

Can you do air squats ok?