1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

PD: Fat Loser

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Poindexter, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Good morning Vietnam. I'm trying to enact a weight loss/get in shape plan. The last physical I had, this summer, indicated I was on the high end of normal for both my cholesterol and blood pressure. I'm 187.5 pounds. I'd like to get down to 165 pounds. 160 would be phenomenal.

I've curtailed my diet, trying to eat less and adhere to foods with a low glycemic index. I've eliminated wheat and grass grains and have cut back on alcohol, limiting it to one or two nights on the weekend. Though I walk a fair amount, I've been somewhat sedentary the past few years after breaking my leg and having knee surgery.

I have a workout room in my building with treadmills, bikes, machines, and free weights. One problem is that when I start working out I tend to overdo it and the nagging injuries/inflamation in my tendons or knees thwart any consistency or momentum I aim for.

Does anyone have any suggestions on certain exercises or workout plans that I could implement slowly and steadily to win this race against a premature demise?

2. RF76

RF76 beach bum

I wouldn't consider 187 fat, unless you are 5'5".

3. Poindexter

I meant I want to lose fat. I'm 5'8". Looking for some suggestions. Cardio/lifting ratios. Certain exercises. Suggestions on how best to alternate, etc. I know we got some knowledgeable folks here.

4. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 2 Site Donor

I jog six miles a day four to five days a week. I also work with free weights but the jogging is what melted my weight off. I used to be 247 lbs after a year I have gotten down to 205. I'm at 210 now but im bulking up. I'm 6'5" so 210 isn't bad at all I'm pretty trim.

Hassquatch and Poindexter like this.
  5. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

I'm 160 so I don't have those problems 6"1 160 yup

6. RF76

RF76 beach bum

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XLarge-Infr...372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255c52b9ec

[​IMG]

For your convenience in your tight space, I own one it's great.

A shitload of cardio, riding a a bike 10 miles a day would be nice but it's cold as fuck in NY right now.

Maybe an exercise bike.

Low fat diet, I've said this before and have done it.

You probably could give two shits, but it works.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

7. Poindexter

There is a stationary bike in the building's gym. I'd like to run but I need to ease my knees into it. Is the sauna mainly for recovery for you?

MBC, aren't you big on squats?

8. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

Have you considered the linsay lohan diet?

9. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

You could always cut off a limb or two.

10. Poindexter

I would prefer that, but I don't have the finances.

11. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

I thought this was gonna be a poll! I was all set and ready to vote yes. Yes PD is a fat loser.

12. RF76

RF76 beach bum

I lose 4 pounds every time I use the sauna, I gain it back with nearly a gallon of water throughout the day but all the toxins are gone, so they say. It can't hurt and I do feel great after it. I do know that when I go a week without using it I do gain weight.

13. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

You could pull it off. You can afford the diet. You could also get the cocaine when your are filling up on semen.

MIZjitzZOU likes this.
  14. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

DDP Yoga 3 times a week should be integrated into whatever regimen you go with.

15. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

This career choice will allow him to buy the steroids needed to get into "real shape"

16. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 2 Site Donor

View attachment 2988

17. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

every try the Jon Jones weight cutting technique?

18. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

Well I compete in powerlifting. Squat is one of the big lifts yes.

19. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

I walk about 7 miles a day for my job, lost 15 lbs in a month. So if you got the time, that seems to be an easy answer from my experience.

Wow, and only like 50 of that is your head.

Can you afford a coke habit?

disposableassassin likes this.
  20. Poindexter

I wish.