1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Paytheplayer's Training Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Paytheplayer, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Paytheplayer

Paytheplayer Left leg put u 2 cemetery

Ok so I figured doing a log would help me keep on track and stay motivated.

I have never tracked my progress before, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Im working in about an hour for the rest of the day, so I'm starting tomorrow.
    I work 2 jobs, and neither have me scheduled this week, although I am going to try hard as hell to get some shifts. I figured this would be a good time to start.

I built up to 220lbs at 5'10. Keep in mind, I didn't get to 220 by eating cheetos. I was working out, while eating cheetos lol. But I was a big guy, but I figured I wanted to cut and get more shredded. Long story short, I dropped to 195. I figure I want to lose approx. 5-10 more lbs, and this thread will keep me motivated.
    Last night was my "last supper" and I had a chicken pita, fries, and some fettucine. I feel like shit and can't wait to stay disciplined. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning to be 100% sure what weight I'm starting this log at.

Ultimate goal, like I said, shed 5-10 lbs of fat, while trying to maintain my overall strength. I want to keep my muscle mass, so trying to keep muscle loss at a minimal.

2. Paytheplayer

Weighed myself this morning.

I'm ashamed to say that since I've been eating like shit lately, I gained 3 lbs. I'm currently 198lbs at the start of my log. This actually motivates me a lot more to get going. My goal for next monday is to be back to 195.

3. Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva UFC Middleweight Champion

Just curious....Are you taking any supplements?

I'm also in weight cut mode....getting my summer body on, shedding the winter poundage....got about 10-15lbs. to go.

Going to compete in my first bodybuilding competition later this year.

4. Paytheplayer

The only supplements, aside from vitamins, fish oil etc. that I've ever taken have been fat burners. I can gain REALLY quick, but it's a bitch for me to lose. I actually quit taking fat burners months ago, and just stuck to a multi V, fish oil and protein. The fat burners made me sweat like crazy, an embarassing amount. I'd be at the gf's parents house having dinner, and dripping sweat.

A little over a week ago, my training officer was telling me about this shit called Tribulus. He said it works awesome, does this n that etc. Doesn't "create" testosterone, but boosts it a bit. Said it's great for muscle development. Well, I forgot what it was called, and bought stuff called Tribuloid.
    The only thing I noticed was that libido was up a tiny bit, and Im back to sweating like crazy. Since I spent 45 bucks on it, I figured I might as well finish the bottle and see how things go.

Yesterday, went to the gym for about an hour and a half. I did back/bi's/forearms. No cardio besides the warmup, because today is going to be a crazy cardio day. I slipped up a bit last night, eating a tiny bit of garbage, but not too bad.

Today, I just played hockey for 2 hours. I'm heading to the gym in about an hour to do shoulders/legs. And then at around 8 o clock, im training 2 people at the track, and I usually do the workout with them. I plan on staying more disciplined today.

5. Anderson Silva

Awesome.....keep up the hard work.....Cutting weight is a mofo!

6. Paytheplayer

Thanks man, and tell me about it. As soon as you start eating clean, the first thing I notice for the first few days is it seems like you get really gassy lol.
    But today, had some minor slip ups, nothing major, but still pissed at myself.
    I played 2 hrs of hockey and was feeling pretty beat up, so decided to take a day off from the gym. I was planning on getting another workout later when I trained those 2 people, but unfortunately it started raining.
    I improvised, and did Ab Ripper X.
    I'm going to make sure I don't eat shit late night, so I just made a big ass salad, that'll last me a few days. Everytime I need a snack, I just grab a bowl.
    I plan on kicking ass tomorrow. I really want to reach my 3lb goal by the end of the week.

7. Paytheplayer

Yesterday I hit the gym for a good hour and a half. I did shoulders/legs and traps and I was beat.
    I kept my diet pretty clean, except I had a few chicken fingers late night.

Today, I went and played hockey for 2 hrs. Everybody left after an hour and a half, so I did some sprints up and down the ice for a bit.
    So far, only had a coffee and Oatmeal for breakfast. After hockey I had a protein shake, and just made some boneless chicken breast, and put it in a salad.

8. Paytheplayer

Hit the gym yesterday and did chest and tri's. Feelin good today, but since my birthday is Monday, the gf took me to dinner last night. Had Mozza sticks, peppercorn sirloin steak, cesar salad, and rice. Had a couple timbits after too. I was drunk, and I slipped. Muscles feel good from the gym, but stomach feels like shit lol.

9. Anderson Silva

Happy B-Day! :beerslam:

10. Paytheplayer

Thanks lol. It was actually my official bday on Monday, so had cake and a gyro. Ate like shit all day. Back on the diet today.

Sunday, I had a good day though. Ate clean, played hockey for an hour, and hit the gym earlier in the day, doing back and bi's. I felt great. Monday ruined it though. I just need to keep it up for a good consistent streak.

11. Paytheplayer

So work has been a bitch, and I've been so busy lately I actually took I think 5 days off from the gym. It sucks, because it's been the longest I've been off in a while. Maybe it was a good thing though, because hopefully my body will respond in a positive way. I went on Sunday because I finally had a day off, and did chest and tris. My chest is still sore today. Yesterday, I had to work an event in my city, and was out of the house from 2pm until 1am. Today, will be playing hockey and hitting the gym.
    I plan on weighing myself on the weekend. I haven't weighed myself since I started the log because of my inconsistencies. I was about to make excuses, but regardless, thats what they are

12. Paytheplayer

Well, yesterday I played hockey, and for 2 hrs so my body was pretty drained. I did a few sets at home afterwards, but I wouldn't consider it a workout. I kept my diet pretty clean for the most part too.
    Today, I have eaten clean so far. I hit the gym for TOO long. Since I didn't get my back and bi workout in yesterday, I did it today. Problem is, after that, I also did my shoulders and legs workout. Reason for that is because tomorrow I have a hockey game in the evening, and doing legs on a hockey day is suicide. It feels like your legs are tree trunks. Im excited to weigh myself on the weekend as long as I keep the workouts and diet up.

13. Paytheplayer

Wow fuck me. I don't know what happened but my diet completely went to shit. Weighed myself 2 days ago and was 199. I've seriously never felt so motivated in my life. Just booked a trip to Vegas with the gf for August, and I'm determined to cut to 190 by then.

14. Paytheplayer

Well, a good thing happened to me.

My girlfriend decided she wanted us to go to Vegas. I'm happy because this gave me the motivation I desperately needed.

I also desperately needed to switch up my routines. I've been doing sets, where I could pull off 10-12 reps until failure.
    I tried a pyramid technique, where my first set would be 4-6 reps til failure, second set you decrease weight so you can pull off 6-8 reps, and the last rep you decrease weight so you can pull off 10-15.
    I've noticed great results. I can see a change in my body after about 2 weeks, and my strength keeps going up. The change in body is a tad more muscle mass and definition as well.
    I weighed myself the other day, and I was 195. My goal is to be 190 by August 10th. If I can add more cardio to my workouts, no doubt I can achieve it. The weight isn't really the issue though, I just want to get a bit leaner.