Official Spicy Food & Hot Sauce Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Poindexter, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Hot sauce and spicy food is the shit. In my younger years I would eat food so hot that it felt like I had done irreversible damage to my body. I liked to make eating an event - sweating, hopelessly drinking copious amounts of liquid, or even eventually lying down at some point to ride out the experience. It was a strange mix of pleasure, delight, and pain. I've mellowed since, but I still like spicy food and hot sauces. If you are of the same persuasion post the names and pics of the stuff you like and hopefully I'll try it out.

Recently I've been on a kick of adding this to my food - to almost everything I eat:

Sriracha

[​IMG]

I also like this new Tabasco:

Tabasco Habanero

[​IMG]

What do you guys like?

Hassquatch likes this.
  2. William Munny

William Munny Well-Known Member

I like Frank's. I know that's lame in the "real" spicy food circle, but I like it.

TriangleSmoke likes this.
  3. datruthhurts

datruthhurts MMA Magician

I like this hot sauce called Crystals....its cheap like real cheap like $0.80 for imagine a bottle and a half of Tabasco's bottle......its spicy not the hottest but pretty hot for everyday stuff. My girl makes me make 2 different pots of chilli and other shit cuz her and the other kid won't eat it when I put my hot sauces in it.

Its funny that you made this thread....I remember growing up me and my cousins would literally look like we got a bucket of water splashed in our faces, dripping sweat like we jsut ran a marathon. LOL

Poindexter likes this.
  4. Gmunit

Gmunit Slightly Used

I'm a Frank's guy too, when I make chicken wings I normally melt some butter and add Frank's to it

other than that, I'm a big chili (pepper) fan and jalapenos and such, but would rather cook something spicy than add some hot sauce after the fact (ie jerk chicken/curry chicken)

5. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Everything I cook at home, gets this added to it. Seriously. Everything I cook. If I made a cupcake it would have this in it.

[​IMG]

Poindexter likes this.
  6. Poindexter

Yeah, I like Thai food - that can be made pretty damn spicy.

I agree- the Fire sauce is good. They used to have an option where you could say "make it wild" and they would add "wild sauce" to your order. Hardly anyone remembers that, I can't even remember what it tasted like. For awhile I thought that maybe I had made it up.

7. Surfrock66

Surfrock66 The Tirade Masta

I love cholula, I don't know why but the flavor it adds is amazing.

Texas Pete is brewed here in WS and I've been in the factory before when I worked for a staffing company, I'm getting into them as well.

8. Poindexter

I like Cholula too. I didn't recognize it by name, but I remember the bottle. I don't remember Texas Pete. I also like the red and green El Yucateco. The green shit is powerful.

Now I remember Texas Pete - it's not too hot is it? More on the level of Frank's?

9. Surfrock66

Surfrock66 The Tirade Masta

Yea, it's not too hot. I like super hot, but when I add hot sauce to food it tends to be for flavor.

There was an asian food place in San Diego (Tapioca Express) that used to make this hot chicken, and it was amazing. Then they got a new cook, and he gave me chicken with red powder literally falling off of it. It's the only thing I ever ordered that I couldn't eat since it was too hot.

10. Poindexter

I like the powdered chili you get with the spice selection they set at your table at Thai restaurants. That shit is good. I also like jalapenos as well. Anybody like Wasabi?

11. RF76

RF76 beach bum

I gotta try that Tabasco Habanero sauce!

I really like the insane sauce from Zaxbys, it's the hottest they have and pretty dam good.

12. Poindexter

Yeah, the Habanero is good. I've never been to Zaxby's.

13. RF76

RF76 beach bum

They don't have much of a menu but what little they have is awesome.

14. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Make boneless skinless chicken with Texas Pete, chilli powder, and crushed red peppers. Good stuff.

They had a resturant in Pensacola that focused mainly on chicken wings, one of their sauces was so hot you had to try it before you ordered it. Does anyone know the name? I'd really like to go there again

15. Virtualpurple

Virtualpurple Go Team Venture!

I'm a real big fan of Tapatio. It doesn't carry as much heat as alot mentioned here, but its got some great flavor. This guy really likes Tapatio;

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm also a big Cayenne fan, add it to most things I cook.

16. Macgyver

Macgyver Active Member

Man, at this Teryaki place i go to in the food court in my office, they have this sauce and I always throw it on...I swear i pay for it every time though...not to be crude but im piss out of my arse within 45 minutes of consuming...it's like clockwork.

Next time you do this...throw a little rye in there too...it gives it a little something extra!

17. Poindexter

Tapatio's good. I enjoy just saying the name repeatedly.

That's part of the appeal as far as I'm concerned.

18. YYZ

YYZ New Member

The hotter, the better. But I've backed off a little recently. Either I've got an ulcer or something, or that shit is finally taking its toll over the years. It never used to affect me too much upon exit, but the last few times I've ate the really hot stuff, I've felt like shoving a popsicle up my ass the next day.

For wings, I usually get BW3 Wild or Blazin' or Quaker Steak & Lube XXX Atomic. For sauces, anything made with habanero and capsicum. Ever heard of Purecap? It's supposed to be straight capsicum. I've read one drop can heat up something like 50 gallons of chili to where many people won't eat it. I never got around to ordering any, and seeing my current state, might not. Wasabi's good stuff, too. I just don't get sushi that often.

Ah yes. BW3 wild wings... now that's a good story...

19. Poindexter

I don't even know what capsicum is.

20. YYZ

YYZ New Member

Well shit. I've confused myself now.

I knew habaneros were hot. But a long time ago, a guy explained it to me most of the hottest sauces were made with capsicum, and then pointed it out to me in the ingredients on the side of the bottle. So, I always looked for that. Thing is, is he didn't pronounce it that way. He kept calling it cap-say-sun, and said it was the stuff they made pepper spray with. So, in trying to give you an answer, I wiki'ed it. It looks like capsicum is the genus of plants that includes chili peppers, but capsaicin is what makes them hot. Here:

Capsaicin
    LOL @ pain reliever!

Non-lethal force