NSFW - Stephanie McMahon: UFC fighters lose credibility upon defeat

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/2...hon-ufc-fighters-lose-credibility-upon-defeat

2. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Blergh, she's so painfully out of her depth here but there's such a massive disconnect and insular naiveté with people who work on the top of WWE, that this doesn't surprise me.

Especially when you consider that it's a running joke inside her own company that the UFC has made "for shoot" more legitimate superstar drawing cards than WWE has in the past decade, when WWE has the distinct advantage of being able to MANIPULATE THEIR FUCKING RESULTS to most optimally build and protect who they want to be "on top", but still haven't been able to.

Dimson and Mr. Cornute like this.
  3. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

A Steph thread with no pics??? I don't think so

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. split2874

split2874 Moving Forward

How do you make the UFC star again after they lose? Shit that is what everybody loves, to see a fighter go undefeated and then lose and then to see them fight to get back into the picture.

5. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Someone should do a star comparison and see who has more legit "stars" UFC or WWE.

6. Sakara=Excitement

I guess "legit" being the key term but I would think the WWE definitely has the more well known stars throughout the world.

7. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Talking WWE full-time touring talent? Presently, it's basically Cena (who isn't truly full-time anymore) and whatever part-timers from past eras (HHH, Rock, Taker, Brock etc) who'd be regarded as more well-known throughout the world. When you consider that WWE has over 5 hours of weekly TV on the USA network that could be considered a massive amount of TV exposure, that's VERY TELLING. The WWE brand is strong but their stars aren't

Conor and Ronda are far bigger stars than anybody but John Cena on the "regular working roster". Then there's still Jon Jones who isn't on their levels but has a lot of mainstream "traction, Holly Holm and Tate got a huge bumps and there's still the ability of UFC fighters to draw from a "grudge" match or "nationalistic" perspectives like a Nick Diaz and Michael Bisping.

8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I do believe that MMA could be marketed in such a way where the quality of the fight usurped the weight of win loss.

But to be fair people like their sports like they like their schools. White or black. Distilling that into a W or L works for a majority of people, so I agree that in competition losses diminish a brand. That's a bit short sighted however since competition can scale higher than theatrics in both acclaim and earning.

Poindexter likes this.
  9. Sakara=Excitement

Yes on a global scale, even the mid carders are more well known than most UFC fighters.

10. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I read anything of note in Steph's interview.
    WWE is fake and they decide who is a star and who isn't.
    UFC is real and only the athletes can ultimately control their fame (sans the inflated hype of a select few)
    Brock fighting for UFC is good for WWE. Even more gooder if he wins.

11. likebutta

likebutta New Member

I'm going to have to partially disagree. WWE has tried to make stars out of people and push them down the audiences' throats. A lot of them don't pass the smell test. Ultimately, it's the wrestler who either has the right components to be a star or does not. On occasion, the star rises up against the wishes of the company, thanks to the audience.

12. Malevolence

Malevolence “Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!”

Yum Yum, give ME some!

13. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

She does have, well, part of a point. Jack Slack retweeted the other day something i found funny, because its true among casual fans of MMA that i know.

"Whats the definition of a bum?"
    "Anyone who has lost recently."

I think fighters do take hits to their credibility after they lose, a lot of the time undeservedly so. But i do like that as a community hardcore fans can usually see the manner of the loss as variable worth considering, and that sometimes a fighter's stock can rise even in defeat.

MIZjitzZOU likes this.
  14. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Yup, sold on the boobs.

15. #1taz

#1taz You sure you want me to give a fuck? Site Donor

Show Spoiler
    Stephanie_McMahon thong.jpg

stephanie_mcmahon_11.jpg stephanie_mcmahon_12.jpg stephanie_mcmahon9.jpg stephanie_mcmahon10.jpg

Such a good daughter and wife. Always ready to show some skin to make a buck for daddy and hubby.

16. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Can you guys stop posting NSFW pictures in threads that are not marked NSFW? Thanks.

17. JonesMadeDCcry

JonesMadeDCcry SMOKE BOMB!

For fuckin real man. Fuckin dumbass

Giblert=Excitement likes this.
  18. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

I just heard that when she was 17 she used to fuck Macho Man who was 41 at the time. That's why they didn't even mention Macho Man until he died.

19. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Who gives two fucks what Stephanie McMann has to say about MMA.

chuckthechamp likes this.
  20. #1taz

#1taz You sure you want me to give a fuck? Site Donor

People asked for steph pics...they got steph pics. Not my job to protect you from getting caught on here and not working or looking at something on here in the wrong environment with people around that could get pissed off or offended. That is you being inappropriate - not me. Go find a mirror and yell at your reflection...lol

Hassquatch, Qball1974 and Dimson like this.