1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Not making weight

Discussion in 'MMA University' started by Macgyver, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Macgyver

Macgyver Active Member

When a fighter doesn't make weight, the other fighter gets 20% of the purse. Do they get 20% of bonuses as well? (ie, knockout of the night, win bonus etc)?

2. RF76

RF76 beach bum

Good question.

3. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

UFC has stated that the fighter that missed weight is ineligible for the bonus, but we all know that's bullshit.

The legal answer is NO.

The opponent only gets the contracted show money. The rest is at the discretion of the organization.

4. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

What about when when AJ shpuld have gotten the KOTN bonus but missed weight and did not get it? Not sure why you say it's BS that a fighter is ineligible for the bonus

5. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

it is BS, because that is up to the company. And since when has UFC/Dana ever been consistent in keeping his word.

6. bradlabo

Sure it's possible but we also know he hates it when guys don't make weight. It is pure speculation that anone who dosen't make weight gets a bonus.

7. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Which makes my original statement true.

8. bradlabo

Not really. You said it's bullshit, when you have no idea.