Noob's Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Noob, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Noob

Noob www.myspace.com/mmaspot

I will, I will. Just been a crazy couple of weeks. I'm itching to get back.

And yeah, maybe a dump truck first then a Clydesdale.

2. thebwit

thebwit Guest

I hope the restaurant is doing well, because you haven't posted a workout in a month. And just because you are in a restaurant doesn't mean you can't workout - I watched the biggest loser and they have had guys who are head chef's on there before who won.

3. Noob

Yeah, it's not a full excuse. But between 40-50 hours a week and school, it's a tough balance. Easier to just take out some time to relax and maintain my sanity. And I've been partying a bit too much.

But, on a good note, I worked out for the first time in a few months last night. I'm tired, sore, and happy as can be. :)

And yeah, the restaurant is doing awesome. Just bought a new knife the other day.

4. Noob

God. Finally back on a training schedule. I'm sore, tired, and happy. :)

5. Noob

First gi class since starting up again. Knuckles are bruised, broken open, and have a dozen hangnails. Boo.

6. Noob

Beginning of another week of training. Trained with a friend from work tonight. Had a blast.

Still working some of the rust off, but glad to be back in something of a rhythm.

7. Noob

Another round of training last night. Still knocking some rust off, though I'm starting to regain my old comfort level. Feels good to be back.

8. Noob

Due to some inclement weather, I didn't have to work today. So, what better excuse than to go out drinking?

I went out drinking.

Then, after a long night, got an invitation to train with Matt Grice for his upcoming UFC fight this morning. The training was fun. The hangover hurt, bad.

9. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

what ever...

10. Noob

Haha, I forgot all about Amlap.

Training journal update: Upper respiratory infection, taking a few days off. Feel like crap.

11. Noob

Shook the sickness, back in the gym. Still not quite back in shape, but feeling better each day.

Thinking about starting to ride my bike to and from the gym. Haven't decided definitively yet, but excited about the idea. It wouldn't be a terribly long ride, about 1 mile or so. I do have a tendency to ride hard though, and wear myself out unnecessarily. Still might be fun when the weather permits.

12. Noob

God bless. Cycled to the gym, and had to cycle home in inclement weather.

It was actually kind of fun. Rainy as hell, windy, I had a ball. Oh yeah, and I actually worked out while at the gym. Took it a bit easy, worked with some newer guys and just relaxed a bit.

13. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Sorry I haven't been keeping up. Glad to see you are cycling to the gym. I wanted to do that for so long at my old gym but I never felt safe riding my bike on a 55mph street. I think there may be a bike path to my new gym, not sure. But I will be checking that out.

14. Noob

No worries.

The cycling is actually pretty fun, provided that you can get all your gear into a bag that is comfortable to ride with. Gets you to the gym all nice and warm, with some good blood flow.

15. Noob

Ended up overdoing it a bit, feeling a touch under the weather the last couple of days. Taking a few days off, hopefully knock this bug out for good.

:-(

16. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Hope you feel a bit better soon Noob.

Overdoing it is always a risk, but it happens.

17. Noob

Yeah, the downtime sucks. Had this upper respiratory thing for more than two weeks now. Took some advice and went to the doc, got some meds. Hoping to feel better in a day or so, be back on the horse for Monday.

(fingers crossed).

Thanks for the support guys.

18. Noob

Monday's here, feeling better. Impatient to get back into the gym.

Cycling my way there again today.